I must say I actually mostly liked this episode. The plot seems to be finally moving forward after threading the water for three episodes (and a lot of S5). Sansa has finally found her inner Stark, Dany seems back to her S1 self where she played the Dorhrali at their own game instead of acting like a spoiled brat spouting off her titles, and good on Margeary calling the HS on his BS. Someone had to do it. You keep doing you, Marg. Even the Meereneese knot is unknotting itself. And for once nobody acted wildly OOC which can almost makes me forgive the rampart telepathy and teleportation going on. 

Even their comedy relief was spot on for once - the Wildlinga would LOVE Brienne. I like Brienne/Jaime in the books but in the show she should totally ditch Larry the Dolt and get it on with Tormund. Har! 

Mixed feelings about this episode..Love all scenes with Jon, Sansa, Brienne and the others. They are great and exciting. But i'm not happy about that Cersei and Jaime have so few scenes so far. They dont get enoufgh time in the show.

Daenerys story is so boring, i'm so sick of it. She gets to much time and it destroys the episode. 

2 hours ago, Barty said:

Pink letter!!! Loved it. Now I'm going to get my tinfoil hat on and come out with a crazy theory. Ramsay did not send the Pink Letter. It was SmallJon Umber. Wait just a minute and hear me out.

1. Notice how the letter starts with "You have let the wildlings through the wall and betrayed the North" - Ramsay doesnt give a shit about the wildlings. Umber does. Why would Ramsay start off with that? 

2. No mention of Reek/Theon. In the books whoever sent the letter is adamant about getting his Reek back. There is no mention of Reek here. SmallJon came after Theon escaped so he would not know about Reek.

3. "You will watch as my dogs devour your wild little brother". How does Ramsay know Rickon is wild - Rickon didnt say a word to Ramsay last episode, was well behaved. Umber lived with Rickon for months and knew of Rickon's wild streak. 

4. "His direwolf's skin is on my floor" - Not exactly conclusive but Ramsay got Shaggydog's head, not the body.

5. Lastly it doesnt sound like Ramsay at all. He calls Rickon Jon's brother. Ramsay has always been particular about Jon being a bastard (in the pink letter version in the books) and would almost definitely call Rickon Jon's half brother. 

Its probably nuts and I'm giving D&D way too much credit if I think they can pull this off but you never know. 

EDIT: Just saw the preview of the next episode. Wtf is LF doing at the wall? How did he get there? It should take months to reach Castle Black from the Vale. D&D dont like logic all that much do they?

I'm on board with this. I do think it's quite fishy that we didn't actually see Ramsay write that letter, or even mention it in this episode. And frankly the more I see of season 6, the more I think D&D haven't cut as much of ADWD/TWOW as we think they have or they've said they have; they've just changed or postponed things when they needed to.

The Littlefinger teleportation device has returned. Prepare yourself for it.

12 minutes ago, Mr Smith said:

I'm on board with this. I do think it's quite fishy that we didn't actually see Ramsay write that letter, or even mention it in this episode. And frankly the more I see of season 6, the more I think D&D haven't cut as much of ADWD/TWOW as we think they have or they've said they have; they've just changed or postponed things when they needed to.

My thoughts are in agreement. And boy, yeah LF's teleporter is gonna be on steroids this season, and other character will be lent it's powers soon enough I'm sure. LF will be far north, maybe at The Wall, NEXT EPISODE!!! Eye roll x9000. But lol, I can't care about that anymore. Brienne will probably be down in the Riverlands by episode 6 or 7.

I haven't read the latest few posts and pages, but after re-watching the ep (I missed it the first time around), they are in the Dosh Khaleen temple. Dany and the other Khaleesi could have easily put some kind of accelarant on the floor the night before/morning of.

21 minutes ago, Mr Smith said:

Agreed. Some things are being repeated this season with different characters. The Winterfell battle, peace treaty in Slavers Bay, we're getting Riverlands and Ironborn Kingsmoot from the last 2 books. Maybe DD are waiting for Georgy to catch up a bit?

3 hours ago, Barty said:

Pink letter!!! Loved it. Now I'm going to get my tinfoil hat on and come out with a crazy theory. Ramsay did not send the Pink Letter. It was SmallJon Umber. Wait just a minute and hear me out.

1. Notice how the letter starts with "You have let the wildlings through the wall and betrayed the North" - Ramsay doesnt give a shit about the wildlings. Umber does. Why would Ramsay start off with that? 

2. No mention of Reek/Theon. In the books whoever sent the letter is adamant about getting his Reek back. There is no mention of Reek here. SmallJon came after Theon escaped so he would not know about Reek.

3. "You will watch as my dogs devour your wild little brother". How does Ramsay know Rickon is wild - Rickon didnt say a word to Ramsay last episode, was well behaved. Umber lived with Rickon for months and knew of Rickon's wild streak. 

4. "His direwolf's skin is on my floor" - Not exactly conclusive but Ramsay got Shaggydog's head, not the body.

5. Lastly it doesnt sound like Ramsay at all. He calls Rickon Jon's brother. Ramsay has always been particular about Jon being a bastard (in the pink letter version in the books) and would almost definitely call Rickon Jon's half brother. 

Its probably nuts and I'm giving D&D way too much credit if I think they can pull this off but you never know. 

Would absolutely love for this to be true! It would certainly add some complexity to the story line. One small flaw though, the letter was delivered by a Bolton soldier :( 

3 hours ago, Barty said:

Btw Jaime says the Tyrells have the 2nd largest army in westeros - So who the hell has the largest?

Dorne maybe? They're the only people I can think of that would have a bigger army. I may be wrong though

With the Pink Letter part thrown in after I thought they would omit it and from previous episodes; the return of Rikon, Balon falling off the bridge and the Kingsmoot happening I have renewed hope in a lot of book 3, 4 and 5 material omitted in previous seasons might actually happen. 

Maybe we will see the Riverlands again; the Freys, the Brotherhood Without Banners and maybe even Lady Stoneheart.

Maybe we will see Kevan Lannister's assassination.

Maybe we will even get the biggest gem of all: Aegon!

Edited by Ordos

4 hours ago, Barty said:

-snip

-snip-

Oh wow, I never even thought of this. 1000x yes. Please.

4 hours ago, Barty said:

I do love the Bran scenes and since this episode had none I didnt like it all that much. The Cersei scenes were nice. I have a feeling she's planning to backstab the Tyrells. Btw Jaime says the Tyrells have the 2nd largest army in westeros - So who the hell has the largest?

Sorry, meant to add this in the last post.

The Lannisters have the largest army, don't they?

" Pink letter!!! Loved it. Now I'm going to get my tinfoil hat on and come out with a crazy theory. Ramsay did not send the Pink Letter. It was SmallJon Umber. "

Adding the theory that they didn't actually killed Shaggydog and want to betray the Boltons (they would need a fight to betray them) this would give the Story so much more!

I really hope its not just this linear Story line but maybe they think it gets to complex with more background going on.

36 minutes ago, RadSam said:

Oh wow, I never even thought of this. 1000x yes. Please.

I agree.  None of the letter sounded like it came from Ramsey.  

It sounds to me as if SmallJohn is trying to bait Jon into attacking Winterfell.  If my theory is correct on the Manderly story being wrapped into the Umbers, then it would set up a perfect double-cross.  If SmallJohn could get Jon to attack Winterfell, it would provide him (SmallJohn) the perfect opportunity to turn on Ramsey and help Jon from within Winterfell.

Top that off with Litterfinger seemingly about to call the Vale to the north to help John....I think Ramsey is screwed by seasons end.

24 minutes ago, SevasTra82 said:

I agree.  None of the letter sounded like it came from Ramsey.  

It sounds to me as if SmallJohn is trying to bait Jon into attacking Winterfell.  If my theory is correct on the Manderly story being wrapped into the Umbers, then it would set up a perfect double-cross.  If SmallJohn could get Jon to attack Winterfell, it would provide him (SmallJohn) the perfect opportunity to turn on Ramsey and help Jon from within Winterfell.

Top that off with Litterfinger seemingly about to call the Vale to the north to help John....I think Ramsey is screwed by seasons end.

As soon as I read that Small Jon sent the letter, it was like everything clicked into place lol. It's just subtle little things that not everyone will pick up on. It's so excited. I love it.

Was this was already discussed? The Undying told Daenerys that she must light three fires . . . one for life and one for death and one to love. The first was Drogo’s pyre, which gave life to the dragons. Did we watch the second last night? 

1 minute ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Was this was already discussed? The Undying told Daenerys that she must light three fires . . . one for life and one for death and one to love. The first was Drogo’s pyre, which gave life to the dragons. Did we watch the second last night? 

Is that in the show? I can't quite remember. I didn't think they did too much with the prophecies and HotU stuff in the show. I could be wrong. Either way, good spot! 

4 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

That's a very good catch!  I cannot remember if this was in the show or not, but it would fit if it was.  One was lit for Life (dragons), for Death (last night), and ....love is next. 

5 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

So tonight, when she grabbed that hot brazier with her hands, no wonder the men just stared at her - your brain would seize if you witnessed that - because your brain couldn't process it. How is she holding that and not screaming her head off. How is her skin not sticking to the hot metal? Not to mention then trying to dodge a wave of flaming oil heading your way.

Yep. When she sticks her hand in the brazier it looks like she is showing that she is the unburnt which totally makes sense in the context of the speech she is giving. It is only after she knocks over the braziers that what she is up to comes clear to them.

3 hours ago, WinterPool Stark said:

Agreed. Some things are being repeated this season with different characters. The Winterfell battle, peace treaty in Slavers Bay, we're getting Riverlands and Ironborn Kingsmoot from the last 2 books. Maybe DD are waiting for Georgy to catch up a bit?

I thought they would end up doing that. It is only Jon's story and Stannis that has really gone ahead of the books. Outside of the North they will only just go a little beyond the end of book 5 by the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Kimbono said:

" Pink letter!!! Loved it. Now I'm going to get my tinfoil hat on and come out with a crazy theory. Ramsay did not send the Pink Letter. It was SmallJon Umber. "

Adding the theory that they didn't actually killed Shaggydog and want to betray the Boltons (they would need a fight to betray them) this would give the Story so much more!

I really hope its not just this linear Story line but maybe they think it gets to complex with more background going on.

I thought this was nuts. But the book pink letter is obviously a fake written by the FTW mutineers. So why not have the umbers do the same? Force Jon to take Winterfell from Ramsay.

Looks like Umber's plan was to get Osha in to Winterfell to assassinate Ramsay - like she tried to. And the pink letter is plan B.