6 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

Smalljon sending the pink letter is far and away the most crackpot theory I've ever heard related to this show. 

Considering the GNC is all but happening, it's really not that crackpot.

3 minutes ago, hallam said:

BTW, did people notice that Osha asked Ramsay if he was a cannibal and he said no?

Looks to me that it is going to be time for one of those Fray Bentos pies.

I didn't pick up on that! Please let us have Frey pies! Please!

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The Umbers are not secret Stark supporters.

Osha did what Osha does, this was another repetitive scene from season 2, only this time Ramsay kills her.

This.

Why would Osha be some stealth ninja sent in from the Umbers. People are trying way too hard to give this show a depth it has NEVER been known for. And suddenly it's going to pull this off in its "busiest" season plot wise?

6 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

Every single leaked photo, behind the scene photo, and bit of casting information agrees with Umber not being in on it and we wont even go into battle spoilers.

None of that gives you the actual plot so I still won't dismiss it.

3 hours ago, RadSam said:

I haven't read the latest few posts and pages, but after re-watching the ep (I missed it the first time around), they are in the Dosh Khaleen temple. Dany and the other Khaleesi could have easily put some kind of accelarant on the floor the night before/morning of.

That's what I thought! Women for sure take care of the temple and clean/set it up for khals, there had to be plenty of opportunities. Nobody pays any attention to what "help" is doing with the place. 

And I swear, every year I come here and hope the tide of whine and nitpicking has finally turned. Nope. 

Anyway, I thought this was an excellent episode. Jon and Sansa sharing a happy moment and making plans, Margaery seeing right through High Sparrow's manipulations, Tormund falling hard and trying to impress Brienne, Missandei and Grey Worm standing up to Tyrion but presenting a united front anyway, Dany taking the khals down a few notches before the fire. 

3 hours ago, The Hound 25 said:

Would absolutely love for this to be true! It would certainly add some complexity to the story line. One small flaw though, the letter was delivered by a Bolton soldier :( 

Dorne maybe? They're the only people I can think of that would have a bigger army. I may be wrong though

Maybe the Vale? They haven't lost men to any of the wars, they have stayed out of it all.

16 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Maybe the Vale? They haven't lost men to any of the wars, they have stayed out of it all.

I didn't think of the Vale. I assumed the Lannisters had the largest army because they had the most gold, but they don't really anymore, do they?

55 minutes ago, RadSam said:

Is that in the show? I can't quite remember. I didn't think they did too much with the prophecies and HotU stuff in the show. I could be wrong. Either way, good spot! 

I'm pretty sure the show omitted that prophecy. 

Am patiently waiting for Linda's take on the episode, but I have to say this is the first episode in a reallllllyyyyyyyy long time that I loved.  It took me a long time to be ok with the show being the show (totally different from the books) and the books being the books.  The Stark reunion brought tears to my eyes and the pink letter was better than I had hoped.  The entire Wall scenes really got my juices flowing, enough so in fact, that I could ignore the stupid KL plot. 

Am super happy that they are not killing the Iron Islands like they killed Dorne.  Loved the Asha/Yara-Theon reunion.  As they are both in Stannis's camp (in the books) I can see them somehow joining forces (the 2 of them) and doing something.  I have always been under the impression that D&D will make Theon's character Victarion. 

As for Dany, well I am trying to keep an open mind.  I don't think that her arc will follow the same path in the books.  First off she is with Drogon when they find her, but having said that, it fits with "Show Dany" that she did what she did.  IMO show Dany is much different than book Dany and has been so almost from the beginning.  That is all I have to say about that. 

Am over the extra Tyrion scenes.  The GOT fans love Tyrion and they use him as much as they can for that reason.  Having said that I think D&D are trying to find a way to start the war outside Mereen.  Tyrion's 7 year speech might have done the trick.  Also, the show is really making me think that Messandrei is going to betray Dany.  Maybe she is the Harpy in the show??????

I think that the spoiler here is LF joining the fray (I had to ask my husband what fray meant, lol.  I thought he said Frey...) Question?  Does anyone else think Sansa and LF will go to the Riverlands (with Davos and Brienne) to try and rally her grandfather's bannermen?  That would be something.  The Riverlands, the Vale and the wildlings vs the Boltons and the North.  Also could the GNC be the Northerners with the Boltons now change sides mid battle?  Once they see Sansa?? I would LOVE to get a sighting of LSH but am pretty sure D&D are making Sansa LSH. 

8 minutes ago, RadSam said:

I'm a firm believer that the GNC will happen in the show. There is evidence to support it. I don't know how people dismiss it so bluntly, but whether you believe it or not is up to you.

If there's a GNC on the show the Umbers aren't involved. If you wanted the return of the Starks then the absolute last thing you would do is hand over Rickon to a renowned psychopath who would almost certainly kill him. That would be the most illogical thing ever.

Edited by northernmonkey

I thought it was a good episode. Had a Stark reunion finally, The Vale getting involved, Maergery getting some screen time and Dany taking care of business on her own.

I liked the awkwardness that was felt between Sansa and Jon. It would have been out of character for them to run to each other. It was explained well during the show about how poorly she had treated him and how much they have both been through since then. I also liked how Tormund was checking out Brienne. Totally in character and I never saw it coming. Wildlings love strong women and that's exactly what she is. This could be her chance for someone who actually wants her for her and not just a conquest. Also liked the Pink letter appearance. It served to unify the wildlings, Jon and anyone else that was threatened in it. I also liked Edd being angry with Jon for leaving. Would not have made sense for him to just be ok with it.

I am perfectly fine with Dany not burning, BECAUSE, this is not the books. In this series she has had several instances where she should have been burned, the water, the eggs, and the funeral pyre. They have never shown her getting burned by anything so they are staying true to what they have shown us so far. My only issue is with Jorah and Daario being there at all. They were not needed for anything, just stole screen time.

I was also ok with Tyrion and the truce he is proposing. He is trying to get them out of Mereen and to end the bloodshed. If you had asked a slave before Dany arrived if they would be ok if slavery ended in 7 years they would have said yes. He is doing what Dany didn't understand how to do. Replace slavery with something else.

KL - yeah, Maergery thinks the sparrow is using her to break Loras but I think he is using Loras to break her. She is the strong one not him. Never trust the Lannisters, you know they want the FM and Tyrells to fight it out and weaken each other.

Vale - Littlefinger is back and still smarter than most, he knew to bring a gift for the little idiot boy to keep him on his side. Now we see that the Vale finally involved in the show. Do we know where Littlefinger and Sansa were meeting at in the preview? .

Iron Islands - kingsmoot next week! Will be a little different with Theon there, maybe Euron sends Yara and Theon to get Dany? I like that Yara was truly hurt by Theon and let him know it.