5 minutes ago, Nymeria Pao said:

-snip-

Am over the extra Tyrion scenes.  The GOT fans love Tyrion and they use him as much as they can for that reason.  Having said that I think D&D are trying to find a way to start the war outside Mereen.  Tyrion's 7 year speech might have done the trick.  Also, the show is really making me think that Messandrei is going to betray Dany.  Maybe she is the Harpy in the show??????

I think that the spoiler here is LF joining the fray (I had to ask my husband what fray meant, lol.  I thought he said Frey...) Question?  Does anyone else think Sansa and LF will go to the Riverlands (with Davos and Brienne) to try and rally her grandfather's bannermen?  That would be something.  The Riverlands, the Vale and the wildlings vs the Boltons and the North.  Also could the GNC be the Northerners with the Boltons now change sides mid battle?  Once they see Sansa?? I would LOVE to get a sighting of LSH but am pretty sure D&D are making Sansa LSH. 

I'm really over Tyrion at this point in the show too, especially since he's paired with Messandei and Grey Worm who both bore me half to death.

I've thought for a long time that Sansa would end up in the Riverlands, and that seems like the perfect reason for it. I thought Sansa would be taking over LSH too, but I don't know if there will be time for it this season now.

7 minutes ago, northernmonkey said:

If there's a GNC on the show the Umbers aren't involved. If you wanted the return of the Starks then the absolute last thing you would do is hand over Rickon to a renowned psychopath who would almost certainly kill him. That would be the most illogical thing ever.

Because everything else that happens on the show is so logical.

2 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

What evidence? It's all speculation.

My mistake, sorry. I say evidence, but I mean hints, clues etc. There are quite a few I believe, and posted a lot throughout the boards, but forgive me. I'm too tired (it's late here) to find them all now.

No one wants an amazing complex northern story line more than me. I have a friggin tattoo of Frey pie with "the north remembers" under it. This is not that show.

Umbers casting call was for someone with "a hatred" or something like that...he's purely going to be an anti-wildling type and his house along with Karstarks is a convenient just add water army for Ramsay. That's the type of simple baseline character this show writes.

Osha, wasn't a ninja...she was just a casualty of a bloated cast and a shrinking storyline.

Rickon is a plot device not a conspiracy,. he's motivation for Jon "I'm done with fighting...they have Rickon...I have to fight" to move south. 

3 minutes ago, RadSam said:

Because everything else that happens on the show is so logical.

This would be the most illogical thing yet. Someone who supports the Starks handing over one of the last remaining Starks to Ramsay makes literally no sense whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

No one wants an amazing complex northern story line more than me. I have a friggin tattoo of Frey pie with "the north remembers" under it. This is not that show.

Umbers casting call was for someone with "a hatred" or something like that...he's purely going to be an anti-wildling type and his house along with Karstarks is a convenient just add water army for Ramsay. That's the type of simple baseline character this show writes.

Osha, wasn't a ninja...she was just a casualty of a bloated cast and a shrinking storyline.

Rickon is a plot device not a conspiracy,. he's motivation for Jon "I'm done with fighting...they have Rickon...I have to fight" to move south. 

I know we're disagreeing at the moment, but that sounds like the greatest tattoo ever lol.

Look, I could just be being optimistic with all this, but I believe it will happen. 

Wasn't there also a casting call for a lord in their 60s to give a stirring speech? I can't remember it exactly, but it was something along those lines. Could be Manderly. 

But again, maybe I am just being optimistic.

16 minutes ago, northernmonkey said:

If there's a GNC on the show the Umbers aren't involved. If you wanted the return of the Starks then the absolute last thing you would do is hand over Rickon to a renowned psychopath who would almost certainly kill him. That would be the most illogical thing ever.

Not least because Jon's probable response would be to visit house Umber first and burn the place to the ground rather than take Ramsay on directly in the fortress of Winterfell.

Jon and Sansa reuniting is the single most best decision the show has made in a long while. Although I'm not convinced it will happen in TWOW but maybe it's possible after Sansa rallies the Vale,and then goes on to reunite with Jon and take back Winterfell. I think that falls in place with more sense in terms of the books.

I'm so happy that show Sansa is finally showing more solid development like she does in the books (granted, she has come a long way in the show but I still don't think it does her character the justice she deserves) and we're seeing her being very prominent in wanting to get back all that has been taken from her, wanting to avenge her family and her home, even telling Jon she will take Winterfell with or without him, which I thought was such a strong moment for her character on the show. Porcelain, to ivory, to steel and all that. I definitely believe she will be queen of the north in the end, let's not underestimate how well she knows how to lie and play her way into things having being around LF and Cersei etc. I'm hoping for her to confront LF in the next episode and for her to be smart as well as brave and get the vale rallied behind her and seek aid from the Riverlands. I'm enjoying this season a good amount so far, but I'm so anxious to be watching material that's more or less soley D&D's take on it, whether George gave them pointers or not, we all know how they like to make things as illogical as possible more often than not. I try my best but it's hard to separate the show from the books and they often can get muddled in my head but what I'm trying to say is I will get excited about the show but I'm unable to take this season as canon until it's written in a book in George's words. Is that strange? haha 

5 minutes ago, northernmonkey said:

This would be the most illogical thing yet. Someone who supports the Starks handing over one of the last remaining Starks to Ramsay makes literally no sense whatsoever.

It's an illogical thing in a long list of illogical things. Doesn't mean it can't/won't be true.

4 minutes ago, RadSam said:

I know we're disagreeing at the moment, but that sounds like the greatest tattoo ever lol.

Look, I could just be being optimistic with all this, but I believe it will happen. 

Wasn't there also a casting call for a lord in their 60s to give a stirring speech? I can't remember it exactly, but it was something along those lines. Could be Manderly. 

But again, maybe I am just being optimistic.

Yes, it's bound to be some Manderly type...though the speech thing could be a complete red herring. It was definitely a separate person than Umber though. There's two yet to be introduced lords as well as Lyanna Mormont. We can assume they'll all be on Starks side of the fence. I think the one leaked photo showed three house flags besides Stark on the Stark side, Mormont, some orange one and one with yellow circles on it...who knows, probably some invented families.

Just now, White Harbors Wrath said:

Yes, it's bound to be some Manderly type...though the speech thing could be a complete red herring. It was definitely a separate person than Umber though. There's two yet to be introduced lords as well as Lyanna Mormont. We can assume they'll all be on Starks side of the fence. I think the one leaked photo showed three house flags besides Stark on the Stark side, Mormont, some orange one and one with yellow circles on it...who knows, probably some invented families.

The Umbers are probably not in on the show GNC. But it looks like the Karstarks may be having second thoughts.

4 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

We know at the very least they'll have the Mormonts. Hopefully the Manderlys will be in it. I did see the photo you're talking about but couldn't make out the sigils on the flags, so who knows? 

12 hours ago, Pies are coming said:

Gets incredibly excited about a GOT episode with a Stark meeting and Danerys burning all the Khals and claiming the entire Dokrathi nation for herself.

Looks for a fan site filled with fans to share the joy

Enters Westeros.org by mistake

Sorry guys, I'll let you moan and whine about how aweful this awesome episode was. Just in case, does any of you know any ASOIAF/GOT fan site?

it is indeed tiresome. This is the first time this year i've got around to logging in  (also to comment on an excellent episode) because a cursory glance indicated that while overall numbers are down ( compare the # of posts to last year) the number of people who haven't a good word to say about the series has stayed the same. 

Edited by God-Emperor of Yi Ti

11 minutes ago, God-Emperor of Yi Ti said:

it is indeed tiresome. This is the first time this year i've got around to logging in  (also to comment on an excellent episode) because a cursory glance indicated that while overall numbers are down ( compare the # of posts to last year) the number of people who haven't a good word to say about the series has stayed the same. 

Yeah it's usually negative and normally today I can't even keep logged in here due to high traffic, today though it seems light. Maybe Dany burned all the haters too?

Good episode, seeing Tyrion work his magic is what i like about tyrion.

Is all the dothraki floor made of kerosene? Wouldnt pass inspections in westeros.

I told my wife that im surprised that sansa has a spine now for challenging Snow to take back Winterfel. Her reply was "After all she went through? She better have a spine, and a pair of ball as well."

2 minutes ago, Charlie Hustle said:

Good episode, seeing Tyrion work his magic is what i like about tyrion.

Is all the dothraki floor made of kerosene? Wouldnt pass inspections in westeros.

I told my wife that im surprised that sansa has a spine now for challenging Snow to take back Winterfel. Her reply was "After all she went through? She better have a spine, and a pair of ball as well."

Theon is broken by Ramsay. Sansa rises above him to destroy him.

Probably by the dagger through the back of the neck that is so popular this season.

10 hours ago, xi0 said:

And her miraculously surviving being burned alive isn't repetitive either? Well, I guess it is different this time with no magic being involved...lol

One happened at the end of season 1 and the other happened 5 episodes ago. 

13 hours ago, marsyao said:

Pink letter after for the watch? stupidity in a new level

Stop watching the damn show then, you hater. Every single one of your comments have been, in some way or another, just sh*t talkin'. Either enjoy the show or stop watching. 

Additionally, I'm am in NO way convinced that you are entirely sure what the feudal system is. Your broad sweeping comments are making you look foolish. Hop off the forum and go start a GoT hate page or something. 

Edited by TheAzorAhai
Spelling

RE: the GNC, I am still hopeful it will happen, mainly because I think the chaos within the walls of Winterfell at the end of ADWD was just great storytelling. I know we as yet don't have a Wyman Manderly on the show, but I'm of the camp that show-Umber (or maybe show-Karstark) might take his place. The biggest problem indeed is why Umber would hand over Rickon to Ramsay if he truly supported the Starks.