4 hours ago, Wut Wut said:

Couple of questions...

Somebody said the Tyrells have the second largest army in Westeros (I think it was Jaime). Which one is the largest then? The Boltons? Knights of the Vale? The Dornish?

Jon said he killed men he admired. He couldn't be talking about Thorne and co. right?

In the show? Probably the Crown (Westerlands+Crownlands).

Maybe, but I took it as him talking about Qhorin, and perhaps Mance (he did technically kill him, after all).

14 minutes ago, Titan said:

Why do people (not just you) keep transposing Dany's fire proof-ness to all Targaryans, as if it was a family trait. IT IS NOT. Not in the books. And not in the show.

It is a DANY specific thing, in both the book and the show.

The same reason people keep transposing Dany's fireproofing from the show to the books, she didn't burn once and everyone thinks that means she's fireproof, even after the author of the books explicitly said, on multiple occasions, that Dany is not fireproof. 

14 minutes ago, Blade of Sunlight said:

The same reason people keep transposing Dany's fireproofing from the show to the books, she didn't burn once and everyone thinks that means she's fireproof, even after the author of the books explicitly said, on multiple occasions, that Dany is not fireproof. 

I think you missed my point. There are clearly two separate canons now, it seems. But what they have in common is that Dany's fireproof thing (temporary or forever after, doesn't matter) is for her only, not other Targaryans.

The book canon is different. Just accept it and move on. But that was not my point.

5 hours ago, Big Daddy said:

The Vale. They have a large army that hasn't been worn down in recent wars. Not that Dorne has either for that matter, but I think the narrative implication was always that the Vale was the cavalry being held off for down the line.

yes, and the vale has been like switzerland in the most recent war, so they are completely unscathed.

so that last scene was beyond awesome... and, like a silly person, i had almost forgotten her immunity to fire, since she hasn't used it in 5 seasons.  now i'm like "dude, how many other bad situations could she have gotten out of using this?"  but i'm glad they made us forget because it made it a surprise, at least to me.  best surprise evar.  i knew she would get the dothraki to join her but i thought she'd impress the khals, i didn't see her just destroying their entire patriarchal-pillaging-raping power structure.  god DAMN!  

but um.... why doesn't dany's hair burn?  "fire cannot kill the hair of the dragon."  it DOES burn off in AGOT, but maybe they didn't want to sacrifice those long blond tresses on the show.  still, i wish her hair would burn too.

although i'm kinda bummed i'm spoiling myself by watching the show - because surely many of these things WILL happen in the books, and probably the dany-goddess-rising thing most of all (also un-jon, duh) - i AM glad i got to see the visual of that incredible fire sequence before i read it.  i've been reading the books since 2000 and i prefer them, but no book could have done those visuals justice.  and the music.  that 'dracarys' astapor drogon music but with a new added dany-alone melody.  oh gods.  so good.

i liked that daario was the last to bow... but... once he realized what she is... he BOWED.  that's right bitch! ;) 

also, could this be the scene that barrie gower talked about below? or is it lady stoneheart, i wonder?

" [David] Benioff and [Dan] Weiss, when they write the outline each year, for last two years, we got to this one point and we read this one gag and thought “Oh my God, how the hell are we going to do that? But this is going to be incredible!” And then it got pulled and we didn’t do it in Season 4. And then, lo and behold, in Season 5 there it was again. And it’s pulled again! But now, in Season 6, it looks like we’re going to do it. Fingers crossed they won’t chicken out."

What if Sansa is in on the plan.  She stop at the Umbers and work out a deal with them to take back Winterfell.  They agree only if she helps kill all the wildlings.  The only way this can happen is to have Jon lead the wildings against Boltons.  This would weak either forces and allow Umbers to clean up.

15 hours ago, The Hound 25 said:

Would absolutely love for this to be true! It would certainly add some complexity to the story line. One small flaw though, the letter was delivered by a Bolton soldier :(

Most importantly, the letter had the Bolton seal

1 hour ago, yesiam8833 said:

What if Sansa is in on the plan.  She stop at the Umbers and work out a deal with them to take back Winterfell.  They agree only if she helps kill all the wildlings.  The only way this can happen is to have Jon lead the wildings against Boltons.  This would weak either forces and allow Umbers to clean up.

I can't see that happening.

43 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

We see next episode Sansa is confronting Littlefinger. It's likely that LF (if he lives through Sansa's inquisition) force with Jons will fight the Umbers, Karstarks, and Boltons. 

and where are the freys!?  they deserve it the MOST!  i want them all dead!

slash i am very zen and peaceful.

(but they still totally deserve it)

9 hours ago, conceptualinertia said:

Here's my theory on the Umbers and Rickon.  The Umbers are planning on turning on Ramsay (maybe the Karstarks are in on it too), but not of loyalty to the Starks.  The Umbers don't care if there is a Stark in Winterfell or not, they just want to make sure that the Ramsay the psycopath is killed.  Anyone who takes over after that will be better than Ramsay and the Umbers are willing to sacrifice Rickon to make it happen.  They need Jon Snow to unite the North against Ramsay, and the death of Rickon or the hostage use of Rickon will motivate Jon.

This theory is more plausible than the Umbers secretly supporting the Starks. The Umbers just working for themselves fits much better with all the info available. Sadly, I don't think it's gonna happen though

15 hours ago, Kimbono said:

" Pink letter!!! Loved it. Now I'm going to get my tinfoil hat on and come out with a crazy theory. Ramsay did not send the Pink Letter. It was SmallJon Umber. "

Adding the theory that they didn't actually killed Shaggydog and want to betray the Boltons (they would need a fight to betray them) this would give the Story so much more!

so what wolf head was that then?  one of the half-direwolves nymeria's been birthin' all over westeros?

please make shaggydog not be dead :(

Edited by lyanna wolfgirl

6 minutes ago, Rajam said:

This theory is more plausible than the Umbers secretly supporting the Starks. The Umbers just working for themselves fits much better with all the info available. Sadly, I don't think it's gonna happen though

agreed.  taking down a psychopath at ramsey's level would be a pretty good motivator to do many various things.

1 hour ago, Rajam said:

Most importantly, the letter had the Bolton seal

it was delivered by a soldier *wearing* a bolton uniform.  could easily have been stolen.  and the seal could be counterfeited as well by someone with a skilled...seal-maker, i guess.  a rubberologist.

15 minutes ago, lyanna wolfgirl said:

and where are the freys!?  they deserve it the MOST!  i want them all dead!

slash i am very zen and peaceful.

(but they still totally deserve it)

They will get their just deserts. I just dont think they will be present in the battle for Winterfell. They betrayed the Starks, and the Boltons betrayed them.

1 minute ago, xjlxking said:

They will get their just deserts. I just dont think they will be present in the battle for Winterfell. They betrayed the Starks, and the Boltons betrayed them.

mmm.  desserts.  will there be punch and pie?  more people will come if we say we have punch and pie.

1 minute ago, xjlxking said:

"cough" yes, desserts!. 

There will be Lamprey Pie though 

:D yep!

and ha.  i was at the torcon in 2003, with the BWB (a group of us who knew each other from the old board - ezboard.com!  i miss that board) and grrm would come to our hotel room party every night we were there.  and one night there was a lamprey pie, and he "knighted" all of us over that pie.  so yes, i was knighted by grrm ;)  i even sat on his lap in my lyanna costume plying him with bailey's and asking sneaky questions... which he totally did not answer.  he was a total gentleman about it too, and his partner (then) parris was right there too... it was all very respectful and innocent.  i love him.  he just needs to WRITE FASTER!!!!!!!!!!