1 hour ago, RadSam said:

About Ramsay and flaying the apple. 

I sort of took it as foreshadowing that he will end up being a cannibal. Crazy, I know, but hear me out.

Osha walks in and he is flaying the apple. Taking the skin off in one long strip like that points to the fact that he won't be eating the skin. He puts it all aside and they have a quick discussion about his flaying hobbies, Osha asks if he eats them. Ramsay looks amused, but says no.

Everything happens, RIP Osha, and Ramsay starts flaying the apple again, only this time, he eats the skin.

It's not completely out of the realm of possibilities where Ramsay is concerned.

It could be foreshadowing, or I could be reading too much in to the fact that he just ate some apple skin. 

I did not think of the apple skin.

I was thinking that Osha's line would of got into Ramsey's head that he need to "step his game up". 

It also got me thinking a little also of the Season 3 finale pork susage scene.

On 5/16/2016 at 0:10 PM, Wut Wut said:

Couple of questions...

Somebody said the Tyrells have the second largest army in Westeros (I think it was Jaime). Which one is the largest then? The Boltons? Knights of the Vale? The Dornish?

Jon said he killed men he admired. He couldn't be talking about Thorne and co. right?

Halfhand and Rayder

5 hours ago, Ludo Kressh said:

Well, it would just be another way for the show to show us how bad Ramsey really is. Hell, maybe the Boltons have Thenn blood, who knows.

They do like to remind us a lot about just how evil Ramsay is.

4 hours ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

I was thinking that Osha's line would of got into Ramsey's head that he need to "step his game up". 

What better way to up his game than to eat a flayed Osha :ack:

When Ramsay was peeling the apple I was like "This would be a lot more threatening if you were better with the knife. You're rubbish at this!" Also I'm pretty sure it was a cooking apple (much bigger than an eating apple... although maybe this was a Westeros Delicious which grows to the size of a Bramley :D )

When Tyrion gives his "gift" of three prostitutes to the slavers, is the one in the blue outfit the Harpy Prostitute who Varys was putting the threats to last episode? 

Her hair is very similar and facially she looks very similar to me but the scene is dimly-lit and it's difficult for me to be sure. 

50 minutes ago, Pocketsaviour said:

When Tyrion gives his "gift" of three prostitutes to the slavers, is the one in the blue outfit the Harpy Prostitute who Varys was putting the threats to last episode? 

Her hair is very similar and facially she looks very similar to me but the scene is dimly-lit and it's difficult for me to be sure. 

I thought so too, but no, I don't think she is.

13 hours ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

Osha was referring to the Thenns(sp?) and their penchant for human BBQ. It was basically her way of saying that Ramsay was no scarier to her than anything she's already seen north of the wall. 

I doubt Ramsay will be eating people soon. 

1 hour ago, Every Last Chicken said:

Osha was referring to the Thenns(sp?) and their penchant for human BBQ. It was basically her way of saying that Ramsay was no scarier to her than anything she's already seen north of the wall. 

I doubt Ramsay will be eating people soon. 

Well, tounge was in cheek some.

Yeah, it was a call back to the Thenns.

I was just thinking in the S3 fianle scene he said to Theon "What do you think I am some savage?" 

I've been thinking about the title of this episode more and think it relates to more than the snippets in King's Landing.  Margery quotes the book of the Stranger to the HS and says "And one day you walked through a graveyard and realized it was all for nothing, and set out on the path to righteousness."

I don't think this reference follows book cannon, but in the show-universe does is symbolize the start of Jon Snow's new direction and purpose?  I don't think we have been gifted with so many scenes at the Wall just because it's a popular arc

5 minutes ago, NikkiG said:

I've been thinking about the title of this episode more and think it relates to more than the snippets in King's Landing.  Margery quotes the book of the Stranger to the HS and says "And one day you walked through a graveyard and realized it was all for nothing, and set out on the path to righteousness."

I don't think this reference follows book cannon, but in the show-universe does is symbolize the start of Jon Snow's new direction and purpose?  I don't think we have been gifted with so many scenes at the Wall just because it's a popular arc

Ohh, I didn't even pick up on that! Good spot! It could very well reference Jon. I think there are big things planned for him.

I hated parts of this episode.

1. Dany being Neo 2.0. So she burns down the hut with all the Khals in it and they like cowards, try to run. Good but now all the Dothraki see that she is the one to follow, she will lead them as one people out of Vaes Dothrak and to Budapest errrr Westeros, after she smites her enemies in Slaver's Bay.

2. Enough of the High Sparrow, enough! Cersei started this mess by snitching on the Tyrells and it backfired. Send Franken-Gregor in and clean house.

3. Tommen seems so confused that it hurts to watch. I am just not feeling King's Landing this season.

4. Ramsay still gonna Ramsay.  Adios Osha, a character developed and gone, another loose end tied up.

5. The Tyrion scenes with Grey Worm and Missy are awful, just painful to watch.  

6.  Theon's scene with Yara/Asha was good, she had a right to be angry but after he was mutilated and tortured she had no know he had no intention of being any type of King.

Didn't feel it . . 

24 minutes ago, RadSam said:

Ohh, I didn't even pick up on that! Good spot! It could very well reference Jon. I think there are big things planned for him.

So many of the titles tie into his on screen story so far

The Red Woman who resurrected him

His return Home

The break from his oath/loyalty to the night's watch

Book of the Stranger (could get a tower of joy flashback here)

The Door they have

Blood of my Blood (could get the rest of the tower of joy flashback here)

The Broken Man

Could just be reading WAY too much into it but this season is on a fast track to the finish line and if Jon's story is pivotal to the end then all the plot lines have to converge to the final players

8 hours ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

Well, tounge was in cheek some.

Yeah, it was a call back to the Thenns.

I was just thinking in the S3 fianle scene he said to Theon "What do you think I am some savage?" 

I don't think Ramsay will become a cannibal willingly. 

Time for one of those Fray Bentos pies.

6 hours ago, Amis Targaryen said:

I hope Ramsay kill rickon quickly, I wanna see big battle a winterfell

I think that people are marginalizing Rickon...I think he might just come out of left field in the books. Here, I don't give him a snowball's chance in hell.

Edit:

Also, I can't get over the fact just how beautiful Sophie turner has become.

Edited by Syphon the Sanitator

On 5/17/2016 at 5:35 PM, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

I see a Grey Worm / Missandei twist coming.  They're going to turn against Tyrion.

I hope. Those two are lackluster as Stannis boarding in the dark room.

On 5/18/2016 at 0:18 AM, RadSam said:

About Ramsay and flaying the apple. 

I sort of took it as foreshadowing that he will end up being a cannibal. Crazy, I know, but hear me out.

Osha walks in and he is flaying the apple. Taking the skin off in one long strip like that points to the fact that he won't be eating the skin. He puts it all aside and they have a quick discussion about his flaying hobbies, Osha asks if he eats them. Ramsay looks amused, but says no.

Everything happens, RIP Osha, and Ramsay starts flaying the apple again, only this time, he eats the skin.

It's not completely out of the realm of possibilities where Ramsay is concerned.

It could be foreshadowing, or I could be reading too much in to the fact that he just ate some apple skin. 

I'm glad i'm not the only one who is thinking of this. We may actually gonna get cannibal Ramsay. 

On 5/16/2016 at 3:48 AM, Darksky said:

This place and 4chan/got/, the only sites plunged in constant misery, saltiness and whining.

On 5/16/2016 at 10:22 PM, Pies are coming said:

Sorry guys, I'll let you moan and whine about how aweful this awesome episode was. Just in case, does any of you know any ASOIAF/GOT fan site?

If you want to go to a pace where there isn't much bitching and winning, there's Under the Heart Tree Free Forum. That place has better moderators as the allowed for Unsuillied watchers to enjoy the show without angry purists shoving their assertions down to their throat and wanted positivity around the forum. Plus unlike this website, that forum refused to have a R&R thread.

On 5/17/2016 at 6:01 PM, Morgana Lannister said:

The end justifies the means lol and Davos is bright enough to realise that they need Jon, even as a charismatic leader if nothing else, and well, there was the small issue (before his resurrection) of the likes of Thorne controlling the wall...  I hated the woman with a passion but I would have done exactly the same as Davos did :)

I completely understand this line of thinking, I just thought how it happened was somewhat inauthentic to Davos. The notion that Melisandre would be crestfallen after Stannis' forces were completely destroyed is fine. Putting Jon in his place as something Melisandre can find a purpose for again makes perfect sense. But the notion that the longest living anti-Melisandre character in the books, Davos, would be the one to coax her into "helping" Jon, and calling what she does "miracles" is just bizarre to me. But like I mentioned in an earlier post, this is a problem they created themselves by sending Davos to the Wall instead of what he does in the novels. I understand the consolidation in plot made there, but it's a corner they wrote themselves into by choosing this scenario.

I'm not a writer, but if they had done something similar to having him be resurrected while Mel gave him the Last Kiss prior to putting him on a funeral pyre, it would have worked better. Unless of course, the writers are trying to say there is a difference between how Beric came back to life and how Jon did....who knows. 

On May 16, 2016 at 7:22 PM, Pies are coming said:

Gets incredibly excited about a GOT episode with a Stark meeting and Danerys burning all the Khals and claiming the entire Dokrathi nation for herself.

Looks for a fan site filled with fans to share the joy

Enters Westeros.org by mistake

Sorry guys, I'll let you moan and whine about how aweful this awesome episode was. Just in case, does any of you know any ASOIAF/GOT fan site?

:D:D:D

you best be careful the westeros gestapo is gonna to your house and kidnap you !! BLASPHEMY

Spoiler

Edited by lobes604
:-)

On 16/05/2016 at 3:22 AM, Pies are coming said:

Gets incredibly excited about a GOT episode with a Stark meeting and Danerys burning all the Khals and claiming the entire Dokrathi nation for herself.

Looks for a fan site filled with fans to share the joy

Enters Westeros.org by mistake

I watched a show once. Didn't like it. Stopped watching it and never gave it a second thought. I didn't feel the need to find a forum each week just so I could go and talk down on all the fans of the show and bask in my own superiority.

I used to enjoy the 'rant and rave thread' despite being a fan of the series. There used to be some good points, well put and added a nice balance to the universal praise.

Now it's just full of smug, self-important, director/writer/choregorahper wannabees with a 2:2 in film studies who apparently have nothing better to do than insult the intelligence of those who visit this site who actually appreciate both mediums of this story equally.

Thankfully, it does appear to be on the wane this season. Perhaps those who threatened to quit the show actually did this time.

Was an awsome episode though right? :0) I am massivly digging this season. I enjoyed S5 but could appreciate peoples frustrations with the pacing of it until the final run-in. S6 has just been one huge moment after another.