[Poll] How would you rate episode 604?

Ran

How would you rate episode 604?  

524 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

10 minutes ago, teej6 said:

So now they have Boss Ass Bitch Sansa also taking on the role of motivational speaker and poor  stupid Jon Snow needs a pep talk from BAB to take Winterfell back from the Bolton. All because Jon's tired of fighting. 

I mean Jon's the only person that literally got stabbed in the heart after he was the only person taking the White Walker threat seriously and then died and came back. It's not like he doesn't have the best reason of anyone to tell everyone to piss off because he wants a break. Then it didn't even take him much convincing.

9/10.  Finally got a Stark reunion.  Dany became the Stallion that Mounts the World.  We have the pink letter and everything is setting up for a battle for Winterfell.  I'm still 'meh' on KL right now, but everything else made up for it.  Osha died quickly, which is more than I could have hoped for.  We have plot progression and that's what I've been wanting for years, so a solid 9 for me.

Edited by sj4iy

28 minutes ago, bb1180 said:

Not a bit.  Sick and tired of that character finding easy ways out of bad situations.  

I don't know... I kind of bought part of it.

I mean, the way the fires rose so quickly, and caught everyone inside the Dosh Khaleen temple was quite rediculous, But her self confidence in that situation made sense. It was as if she already knew what the consequences would be (Just like the season 1 finale)? And that they would be favorable to her. Perhaps she had had a vision beforehand?

And like others have said: I expected Drogon would do it. I like surprises.

8/10

Edited by Lord Buckethead

I was not complete satisfied with how the Dany's plot was handled, but that thing has move forward which is nice

Jon and Sansa were great as was Theon and Yara

King's Landing is BORING AS FUCK

Littlefinger being littlefinger and Ramsay being Ramsay

And now there will be Brienne and TOrmund SHIPPERS, FUCK SAKE, what will they call it? Briennumd? Tormienne?

Oh...Melisandre is SUPER FUCKED, more than Rickon, Davos and Brienne are so going to conspire to kill her

33 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

This episode was a huge improvement on the previous three, Sansa and Jons reunion was touching. I have always suspected there may be a possibility that Jon and Sansa would have a romance, based on how George seemed to want to create a distance between them from the start and I believe George originally wanted Arya to fall in love with Jon so it is something that crossed his mind plus Jon has a thing for reheads.I didn't like the whole kings landing stuff there it seemed a little idiotic as if the thought of marching the tyrell army into kings landing hadn't crossed the minds of the Tyrells without Cersei thinking of it. The high sparrow scenes feel repetitive at best, complete pointless drivel at worst. The scene with Ramsey murdering Osha was utter garbage. I liked everything else I have to say although the dialogue is still no where near the standard of Georges writing in the books. I prefer the idea that Dany burned the khals alive herself and was unburnt than Drogon arriving at the perfect moment to rescue her again.I'm looking forward to Theon presumably taking over victarions story Alfie allen is a one of the better actors on the show and the Ironborn need to have more screen time in my opinion. It was a fairly enjoyable and entertaining episode overall I gave it an 8

This doesn't make much sense to me. You think that GRRM created distance between Jon and Sansa in the very beginning because he wanted to form a romance between them, yet you acknowledge that Jon and Arya, who have a close sibling bond, were originally supposed to be a couple . With the way GRRM writes incestuous relationships, it always begins with a strong sibling bond as foundation for the romance. Jaime and Cersei, Aegon and Rhaenys, Aemon and Naerys, Jaehaerys and Shaera. Jon and Arya would fit this pattern, Jon and Sansa would not. 

And no, Jon doesn't have a thing for redheads. Not in the books anyway.

Edited by Joan Jett

Just now, Joan Jett said:

This doesn't make much sense to me. You think that GRRM created distance between Jon and Sansa in the very beginning because he wanted to form a romance between them, yet you acknowledge that Jon and Arya, who have a close sibling bond, were originally supposed to be a couple . With the way GRRM writes incestuous relationships, it always begins with a strong sibling bond as foundation. Jaime and Cersei, Aegon and Rhaenys, Aemon and Naerys, Jaehaerys and Shaera. Jon and Arya would fit this pattern, Jon and Sansa would not. 

When I say George originally wanted Arya to fall in love with Jon that was in his original blueprint for the entire song of ice and fire story the bond between Jon and Arya in what was published is entirely unrelated, If R+L= J theory is correct , Sansa and Jon getting together wouldn't be seen as anything out of the ordinary in that culture.

43 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

This episode was a huge improvement on the previous three, Sansa and Jons reunion was touching. I have always suspected there may be a possibility that Jon and Sansa would have a romance, based on how George seemed to want to create a distance between them from the start and I believe George originally wanted Arya to fall in love with Jon so it is something that crossed his mind plus Jon has a thing for reheads.I didn't like the whole kings landing stuff there it seemed a little idiotic as if the thought of marching the tyrell army into kings landing hadn't crossed the minds of the Tyrells without Cersei thinking of it. The high sparrow scenes feel repetitive at best, complete pointless drivel at worst. The scene with Ramsey murdering Osha was utter garbage. I liked everything else I have to say although the dialogue is still no where near the standard of Georges writing in the books. I prefer the idea that Dany burned the khals alive herself and was unburnt than Drogon arriving at the perfect moment to rescue her again.I'm looking forward to Theon presumably taking over victarions story Alfie allen is a one of the better actors on the show and the Ironborn need to have more screen time in my opinion. It was a fairly enjoyable and entertaining episode overall I gave it an 8

I think Arya already loves Jon.  Like she told the waif, ("Arya Stark had 4 brothers and a sister") Jon is her brother.

13 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

When I say George originally wanted Arya to fall in love with Jon that was in his original blueprint for the entire song of ice and fire story the bond between Jon and Arya in what was published is entirely unrelated, If R+L= J theory is correct , Sansa and Jon getting together wouldn't be seen as anything out of the ordinary in that culture.

No, it's not completely unrelated. It's what the author planned at some point. (And even if it was, why did you even mention it then?) And there is a significant amount of set up for a romance between Jon and Arya in AGOT. Anyway my point was that GRRM doesn't write incestuous romances between distant siblings. He writes them between siblings who are close. I've already given examples to support this.

And I'm aware that cousins are allowed to marry in Westeros. I never implied anything different. 

Edited by Joan Jett

What a great episode. 9/10

That Jon and Sansa reunion. Sure, they never really shared a scene together, but they carried their names, their blood. When viewers talk about Starks, they think of Jon, Sansa, Arya, Robb, Cait, Edd, Bran (NOT RICKON). Seeing at least two finally reunited after 6 years (or 15+ books wise) is something else.

I'm sorry some of the book readers that were hating on Davos are eating their words now. After the storm has somewhat passed, he is asking the question they wanted him to ask. I wonder what excuse they will use next to hate on the show... wait, lets not go there. Last I check, some posters hated an episode because the color of someone's hair was blonde"ish" rather brown.

I think the ending was ugh.. I think it resolved way too quickly. 

Kings landing is shaping up to become a center ground of either a huge civil war or a small mission impossible episode. I like how Cersei took control and you know she is already planning on killing a particular someone

I'm glad to see Peter but I had wished we see more of him. I'm sad to say, it seems his end is coming. I just don't think the show writers have the screen time to actually show how smart he is. I think by next episode, Sansa will "out smart him" and take control of the veil. I really hope now

I like where Pyke/Theon is going

Tyrion.. AWESOME. I love how ended that diplomatic game with just one sentence about Westoros and Lannisters. 

11 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

No, it's not completely unrelated. It's what the author planned at some point. (And even if it was, why did you even mention it then?) And there is a significant amount of set up for a romance between Jon and Arya in AGOT. Anyway my point was that GRRM doesn't write incestuous romances between distant siblings. He writes them between siblings who are close. I've already given examples to support this.

And I'm aware that cousins are allowed to marry in Westeros. I never implied anything different. 

When I said it was completely unrelated I meant that to suggest because George made them close in what was published means they will get together is a big leap.It is my opinion that he altered his idea to have a romance between Jon and one of the Stark girls because he didn't want to draw parallels between that relationship and Cersei and JaIme . I don't recall in the tv show there ever being a suggestion that Sansa was particularly cold or unloving towards Jon but in this episode they seem to have gone out of their way to establish that, in the game of thrones book the fact that Sansa and Jon weren't close always jumped out at me.It had all the hallmarks of a fairytale, I could be entirely wrong about the whole thing of course.

Edited by darksellsword

Meereen was a bit weak but everything else was good to excellent.  

The final sequence was completely hair-raising and in a good way, with a score to match. Truly the strongest we've seen Danaerys since S1E10: this is a woman who makes her own magic.  At last she is a conqueror worth kneeling to.

Edited by CrypticWeirwood

6 for me.

The good bits:

Jon and Sansa reunion and Littlefinger finally getting the Vale to do something. It's great to see all the pieces falling into place for a massive battle. 

Theon and Yara reunion setting things up nicely for the Kingsmoot.

Cersei and Olenna working together and setting up a big showdown with the High Sparrow.

The pink letter (pretty much). Great scene.

The bad bits:

Dany's end scene. I can't stand it when they do the holy messiah stuff with her. Awful.

Tyrion negotiating with the slavers. The scenes were okay but I just don't care about Meereen. We all know Dany's going to ditch the place soon so it all seems a bit pointless.

The High Sparrow and Margaery. I love the High Sparrow but his scenes are getting a bit repetitive. By the end of the series he'll have had a lengthy one-on-one conversation with every character on the show.

Edited by northernmonkey