[Poll] How would you rate episode 604?

Ran

How would you rate episode 604?  

524 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

5 minutes ago, seraphim7 said:

I found the scene with Royce and LF to be the weakest in this episode. Probably the most powerful lord in the Vale having to sweat over what lackwit Robyn might say about seeing him fly.

Yeah it was a real missed opportunity. The thing is that scene would have been fine if they'd given some time, or even eluded to Littlefinger cultivating alliances in the Vale (as he did in the books with Royce and Lyn Corbray). I mean you got the impression in that scene that his men would support him over Royce, but they're Vale men, so there's no reason why.

It's a small gripe though, and it gets Littlefinger and the Vale back into the game, so I'm not really complaining.

what to say here .. ... either Dothraki people are supercool or superdumb coz they look like they dont give fuck if they suddenly see their temple is in flames and khal is inside crying for help. of course dany is unburnt and fire resistant but ending scene was done for dumber audience. no logic.

Edited by naik2902

I loved - Sansa/Jon scenes. Genuine payoff.

I liked - the Vale [Nice anticipation], Iron Islands [good character stuff].

I thought was OK - Winterfell [tiresome but quick & thankfully no torture].

I didn't like much - the ending to Dany's stuff. Sorry, the total fire immunity IMO contradicts a bit of book canon that to me felt satisfying & kind of important [as opposed to the reams of worthless AFFC/ADwD book material that should never have seen light of day]. Also didn't at all like the Dothraki headless chicken routine.

Edited by TFP

25 minutes ago, naik2902 said:

what to say here .. ... either Dothraki people are supercool or superdumb coz they look like they dont give fuck if they suddenly see their temple is in flames and khal is inside crying for help. of course dany is unburnt and fire resistant but ending scene was done for dumber audience. no logic.

The Dothraki respect strength above all else. A defeated Khal garners no respect. An all-magical, all powerful, leader is obviously gonna be followed, especially when every other possible powerful leader has already been killed and the choice is chaos or following the magical Mother of Dragons who wants to be the Khaleesi who conquers the world.

Edited by iggymcfly

15 minutes ago, iggymcfly said:

The Dothraki respect strength above all else. A defeated Khal garners no respect. An all-magical, all powerful, leader is obviously gonna be followed, especially when every other possible powerful leader has already been killed and the choice is chaos or following the magical Mother of Dragons who wants to be the Khaleesi who conquers the world.

Is being fireproof strength though? Can't any Dothraki challenge her now to a fight to show he's the strongest? Isn't that also a rule of the Dothraki? And why would no one try? Just because she didn't burn? I think it's a very cheap cop out.

6 minutes ago, legolegs said:

Is being fireproof strength though? Can't any Dothraki challenge her now to a fight to show he's the strongest? Isn't that also a rule of the Dothraki? And why would no one try? Just because she didn't burn? I think it's a very cheap cop out.

in a way that Drogon ex machina wouldn't have been? 

Of course Drogon's showing up sometime soon would neatly address the challenger aspect too..

6 hours ago, darksellsword said:

Georges Characters in the books are far more layered and the relationships they have with each other are far more intricate, the story in the books is also more expansive. I always took most of Jons musings about Arya as bread crumbs, little clues to help the reader keep in mind how similar Jon, Arya and Lyanna looked nothing more than that.

Ok? There are still parallels,  land plenty more between Jon and Jaime. Also what does Jon mussing Arya's hair have to do with her looking like Lyanna? Idgi.

8/9 for me.  Last 8/9 I gave 9 so this one got an 8.  A strong season so far and this is a strong episode.

Liked:

• Jon and Sansa.  Just perfectly done.
  • Sansa in kickass mode.  More please.  Seems very likely if anyone ends up on the Iron Throne it will be her and from that first step when she took Brienne's oath she's moving it up a notch.
  • The long overdue return of a vestige of Tyrion's mojo
  • Cersei and the Queen of Thorns
  • Asha/Yara and Theon
  • The fact that Dany saved Dany, not the Super Daario Brothers
  • Davos/Mel vs Brienne - though I wanted someone to tell Davos about Shireen.
  • Yay! Pink Letter!
  • No Dorne
  • No pussy jokes!  No cock jokes!  No fart jokes!

Not so much:

• Jon's reluctance to recognise the truth in what Edd says about the real war being against the Others - and there isn't really a choice to join it or not, they know it's definitely coming after Hardhome, and the only choice is how well or badly to get ready for that.
  • Littlefinger - something about that scene didn't work for me, can't put my finger on it.  Control of Sweetrobin is nicely established but something about the rest didn't really ring true for me.  Royce has more to him than that.
  • Dany ex machina - the first time she survived fire I could buy it was because of the blood magic.  This time not so much.  Even though her clothes got burnt her hair somehow remained intact.
  • Not a fault, just a shame that Osha got killed off so fast - Nat Tena was brilliant in that role and it would have been good to see some more developed scheming first (she was always for the chop though).

I gave it 7/10 - not as good as episode 2 but better than 1 & 3.

I thought Clarke had refused to get her titties out any more? Did they blow the dragon budget on paying for her boobs or something? How quickly that fire spread was just silly - is show Dany meant to be like that fire guy from Xmen now, or something?

Tormund getting a hard on for Brienne was funny - he wants to make the big bitch slick like an eel and she didn't know how to deal with it :D

Another excellent moment was Osha telling Ramsay she had seen worse.

Stark reunion - meh, I wasn't phased. Don't really care about the Starks anymore - they've been emo's for so long I've given up on them.

Tyrion was as boring as he has been all season and I'm glad Missendai called him out on his slavery expertise.

The High Sparrow - now there is a character I care about. Only character in the whole show that isn't self interested ATM, I hope he wins and plunges King's Landing into civil war.

I gave it a 9.

I was glad the death of Osha did not depict gratuitous violence. I knew it was coming and to see her flayed would have turned me off. The last scene with Danaerys was a nice twist - she didn't need her dragon  to fulfill her promise. In the books she promised the Khals would die screaming, and from that point I expected Drogon to swoop in and light them up. Nice touch.

As a book reader I cannot help but be annoyed about the character assassination of Jaime. D&D have seemed to interpreted his character as a lapdog to Cersei. I keep having to remind myself that the books are the books and the show is the show. Still, annoying, though. 

D&D's greatest strength still remains their ability to visualize their story as having a beginning, a middle, and an end. You can see this show building toward a climax and coming to a conclusion. I love George's written words and plotline, but his story keeps growing like a yeast bloom when you are making bread. Eventually you have to add the rest of the  ingredients,  throw it in the oven and bake it.

8/10. Pretty good episode. This season seems to be the best since season 1, and on par with Season 4.

I loved the Stark reunion. I'm also fairly pleased that Sophie and Kit have such an amazing chemistry on screen, Sophie's acting is really good when she has the right partners (like Alfie). Castle Black is the highlight of the Season.

Did not like the Dany stuff, and LF with Royce was a bit odd.

Let me start with what I liked:

-Ramsay's letter was definitely my favourite thing of the whole episode. The Pink Letter was my favourite part of ADWD, I'd never seen something written with such menace and despite the differences in context I felt the show preserved that well.

-I actually enjoyed the High Sparrow giving us the story of what lead him to become who he is. I thought it was one of the better pieces of dialogue in this episode.

-The Lannister/Tyrell plot looks promising.

-It might be my inner troll coming out but I actually quite like the way Ramsay manages to be utterly revolting in every episode. It's actually become quite comedic, sort of like Joffrey did after a while but even more sadistic and perverse.

-People were complaining that it seemed like Jon hadn't lost anything of himself as you are supposed to when you come back from the dead. Well it seems to me that his reluctance to fight might be a sign that D & D have actually acknowledged that and incorporated it in this way. Now people are complaining about that, haha.

-The tension between Melisandre, Davos and Brienne.

What I didn't like:

-I've come to the conclusion that I now absolutely hate any scene that involves Grey Worm and Missandei having dialogue. It is the epitome of cheesiness.

-I really feel like the Lannister siblings have taken the hardest hit in terms of the cleverness of their dialogue from Season 5 onwards and this trend isn't showing any sign of letting up. This is especially sad to me because before then the three of them always had the best dialogue in the show in my opinion and to see it fall away is a real loss for the show. 

-Osha being killed whilst trying to kill Ramsay makes me worry that there isn't any plot on behalf of the Umber's to betray Ramsay (if there was then surely she'd wait for it to come to fruition rather than jump the gun). This is only a concern for me because it will mean that Shaggy Dog is definitely dead.

-Dany's ending just didn't do it for me at all. How many times are they going to pull this card where she's confronted with a situation where the odds are totally stacked against her only for it to be resolved with her enemies all being burned alive out of the blue? It just wears thin when it's done too often. I feel like D & D are trying to make us love her and for me it's having the opposite effect.

So I'm going to give this episode a 7/10 but only because I loved the show adaption of the Pink Letter.

Edited by Stonelands

10 minutes ago, Not a kneeler said:

D&D's greatest strength still remains their ability to visualize their story as having a beginning, a middle, and an end. You can see this show building toward a climax and coming to a conclusion. I love George's written words and plotline, but his story keeps growing like a yeast bloom when you are making bread. Eventually you have to add the rest of the  ingredients,  throw it in the oven and bake it.

Great analogy. Yes Act 3 has well and truly begun with this episode. 

I gave it an 8, mainly because of Osha's death and the High Sparrow scene. Osha went out way too easily and honestly the High Sparrow scenes just feel repetitive and I want them to move the plot along. 

I absolutely loved the reunion between Jon and Sansa, the Pink Letter showing up, and Dany finally having some agency again. Looking forward to Theon's plot also. 

And of course, no Dorne.

Gave it a 7.

The Wall - well after 5 seasons we finally get a Stark reunion! Funny how awkward it was on screen though since she always treated him so poorly growing up and she recognizes how dumb that was now. Sansa was being a little unrealistic about them just taking off and heading south to retake Winterfell and Jon, well he was emo...! The good thing in my mind it we saw that the Vale is planning to head that way already, no magical time jump to get them there. The pink letter made it's appearance and helped motivate not just Jon but Tormund and the Wildlings as well.

Vale - that was a pretty mediocre scene at best. Granted the Lord hasn't been built up much in the show so I guess when little lord pissy pants speaks up he would be scared, it just seemed weak though.

KL - At least we got some explanation of the book of the stranger. Nice little back story on the sparrow and why he wears no shoes. Still not sure why Pycelle hasn't been killed, likely because he is seen as respected. Thinking Ep 8 or 10 him and a few others feel Cersei's wrath.

Winterfell - yeah, see ya Osha

Mereen - well, as much as they don't like it Tyrion is trying to end slavery without thousands more dying.

Vas Dothrak -  I like the thought of Dany being her own savior and not needing tweedle dee and tweedle dumb to save her. I just wish they had left the two of them in Mereen if this was going to be the outcome. They played no role in her doing what she did so why have the wasted screen time. Now Dany can send word to the slavers telling them the Dothraki will give them Dany for the horses, then just take them for herself. I half expected Drogon to be seen in the moonlight circling or something.

Good Episode

The scenes at the wall were great (Jon and Sansa, Pink Letter, Tormund having a crush on Brienne, Brienne & Davos/Melisandre...)

High Sparrow's biography was boring and too much cliche. Littlefinger & Royce scene was unbelievable IMHO, also there are too many leaders in GOT who are puppets of their councellors (Tommen is basically the same) or insane (Ramsay) or a combination of these (Joffrey). 

The Dany scene was cheesy, but it fits to the show style. I expected Drogon to come out of the sky and safe the day, so at least I was a little surprised.

The rest was okay. Liked the Osha part(do you eat them afterwards?)