[Poll] How would you rate episode 604?

Ran

How would you rate episode 604?  

524 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Gave it a 6 and 125/256.  Couldnt quite round it up to 7.

- for Osha being killed but what a plot turn around if she had managed to off Ramsey.  At least an easy death for her compared to what it could have been.

- for the High Sparrow going on and on.  Great actor but boring scene.

- for Dany.  I dislike her and the choice of actress for her so much even bare boobs cant save the day.

- for Littlefinger and sweet Robin.  Whats next?  Twirling mustaches and hand wringing with a cackling laugh?

- Sansa now the inspiration to attack Ramsey?  Lets make up for her actions till now with a little speech.

+ for Tormund saying "Oh Yeah" with his facial expression when he first sees Brienne.

Come on with the next book already, please.  I just cant believe they are going to be anything close to what we have seen.

9 hours ago, Rhaegar the Unworthy said:

You didn't like Badass Khaleesi?

NO...

She seems like a cruel queen. She thinks her right to the throne is above everything else. She grew a little brains in S4/5. But D&D had to again ruin it huh...

You can show a woman walking around like terminator and doing Theon all over. Many will call that BADASS. I call that shit..

The badass woman in this episode was definetly Sansa.

She had reason, she had motive.

"If you don't I will" was epic.

No doubt it's the best episode of the season. I've given it a 5, so it's the first one that gets a pass this season for me.

Some of the things that have been introduced in this episode (Davos wondering what happened with Shireen, Tyrion's leadership being questioned, the Tyrells planning to use their army to free Margaery...) would have made much more sense if they had been introduced in this season's episode 1.

1 hour ago, robasp2 said:

NO...

She seems like a cruel queen. She thinks her right to the throne is above everything else. She grew a little brains in S4/5. But D&D had to again ruin it huh...

You can show a woman walking around like terminator and doing Theon all over. Many will call that BADASS. I call that shit..

The badass woman in this episode was definetly Sansa.

She had reason, she had motive.

"If you don't I will" was epic.

Yeah one saying I will take back my home by waging war is epic ...not to mention demanding that wildlings owe Jon 

But that same rule can't apply to another ..

And where did the right to throne ever came ....it was this or end up being raped by every dothraki and horses or live out the entire life in a hut .she chose  a way out ..

You guys really need to stop with this right to throne..it's getting tiresome... Incase you haven't noticed every character speaks about it 

8.  Overall I liked the episode and I especially appreciate that things are beginning to come together.  This allows me to relax into the story when I know there is a plan and up til now, I was a bit doubtful.  Loved the Jon/Sansa reunion, the pink letter, and Edd making the 'you saw what was at Hardhome, how can you leave' argument.  Not because Jon would stay but because this is exactly what a character in Edd's position would say.  It natural and normal response from Edd - the viewer at home is thinking the exact same thing.   

How could I never have thought of Tormund and Brienne - they must do this!!!!! Torienne?  Brimund?  Torbri?  Let's have Jaime be the loser. 

Edited by lakin1013

Easily a 9.  Jon and Sansa reunion, Kings Landing plot progressing, pink letter and DANY!  I loved the last scene.  Instead of running for her life, she hatches a brilliant plan to kill every Khal and win over the entire Dothraki to her side as well.   I'm surprised some people here hate this scene (Ok, not really... this board is ridiculous) since her being "UnBurnt" is not only part of her titles but it also comes straight from the mind of GRRM.  It's not like that scene was stretching what is already known.   Dani knows that she is impervious to fire and used it to her advantage.  Now, she has her unsullied, freed men, Second Sons and a whole horde of Dothraki at her disposal.  

I'm really interested in seeing her take of Tyrion's attempt at a truce with the slavers.  Especially since she now has a force large enough to wreck slavers bay if she wants to.

22 minutes ago, Drogonthedread said:

Yeah one saying I will take back my home by waging war is epic ...not to mention demanding that wildlings owe Jon 

But that same rule can't apply to another ..

And where did the right to throne ever came ....it was this or end up being raped by every dothraki and horses or live out the entire life in a hut .she chose  a way out ..

You guys really need to stop with this right to throne..it's getting tiresome... Incase you haven't noticed every character speaks about it 

Fanboy spotted.

Sansa had reason, as I stated.

The boltons will not stop, they will come for her as stated by Ramsey.

D&D need not have her comically push over lamps. They made her a murderer..

Taking the dothraki by fear, using Drogon is much more justified and better than showing the Dothraki who supposedly hate witches, bow to one.

"A flying stallion" is what they would bow to..

The way D&D took that storyline is shit. I know many people dont cate..they all just want "drama", fuck logic.

Edited by robasp2

I'd have to give this episode a 9.3. I thought it was pretty good episode, especially when Jon and Sansa met up. Best line was "I'll do it myself." I earned more respect for Sansa in that one line than I did in six seasons. When you think about it, she's been through a lot. Definitely loved her in this episode. Wasn't much into the High Sparrow arch that the Lannisters and the Tyrells are involved in, but then again I've never liked that arch and have always found it quite boring. I did like when Tyrion was negotiating with the slavers, reminded me a lot of Abe Lincoln tbh.

EDIT: And when Littlefinger incepted Robin Arryn, that was hilarious.

Edited by YoungGriffIsAegonBlackfyre

7 minutes ago, robasp2 said:

Fanboy spotted.

Sansa had reason, as I stated.

The boltons will not stop, they will come for her as stated by Ramsey.

D&D need not have her comically push over lamps. They made her a murderer..

Taking the dothraki by fear, using Drogon is much more justified and better than showing the Dothraki who supposedly hate witches, bow to one.

"A flying stallion" is what they would bow to..

The way D&D took that storyline is shit.

And the khals will leave her just alone right ..again where did the right to throne came 

Yeah youhave read the TWOW right ..

We already have vision of all dosh khaleen bowing to her not to flying stallion..

Am proud fanboy ...am not a hater who just keep complaining whatever happens and claim ridiculous things every now and then ..

I gave it a 10. For everyone worried about the quickly spreading fire, the other women could have easily helped prepare the floor just as they bolted the doors. I have to go back and see if there was a hint of that. 

I think that Dani is going to put a quick end to Tyrion's 7 Year Deal when she returns with the Dothraki hoards united and her dragons. Slaver's Bay is gonna burn! 

The Jon - Sansa reunion was excellent and well done. I even liked the Ramsay scene and King's Landing. In the latter, you know something big is coming. . 

1 minute ago, missingm said:

I gave it a 10. For everyone worried about the quickly spreading fire, the other women could have easily helped prepare the floor just as they bolted the doors. I have to go back and see if there was a hint of that. 

Dany asked one of the ex-Khaleesis for help beforehand so I assumed that she'd spread something flammable on the floor.

1 hour ago, lakin1013 said:

How could I never have thought of Tormund and Brienne - they must do this!!!!! Torienne?  Brimund?  Torbri?  Let's have Jaime be the loser. 

I know, right? I vote for Torienne! hahaha

Best episode of the season so far! So that's an 8/10 for me.

Con's:

• Osha getting killed after 5 minutes of screentime. Natalia Tena played that her part remarkably and for her to get offed so soon was a real shame. I wish she had more of a part to play. This also means that shaggydog is likely dead :(
  • The only person who really cares about the Others/Whitewalkers seems to be Edd. Why in seven hells has Jon not even mentioned this to Sansa? All he could think of before he got stabbed was warning the rest of Westeros about impending doom... yet now he's all like "nah, I'm just gonna take a long ride south".

Pro's:

• Overall we have plot progression, that's got to be one of the most exciting things about this episode.
  • Jon/Sansa reunion ^_^ finally! We have a reunion, it's the most exciting thing to happen all season. It's history in the making. Makes me excited to see how they will work together as leaders, not necessarily as man and wife, but either of them are potential rulers of the North and it's time to see how much they've grown in the years apart.
  • Margaery - forget growing strong, she's staying strong! It'd be a real bummer if she were to die.
  • LF back at it with the scheming and manipulating. I really enjoyed seeing how well he can handle little robin. It's amazing really.
  • Tyrion FINALLY has some decent dialogue! Doing what he does best - politicking.
  • Dany being the total badass she was born to be. Yes, it got a bit cheesy and a little too convenient for her at times, but it was inspiring to see her fight for / defend herself than have someone else come save her. It made me truly believe she is a formidable ruler.
  • That Brienne / Tormund love interest tho.

39 minutes ago, missingm said:

I think that Dani is going to put a quick end to Tyrion's 7 Year Deal when she returns with the Dothraki hoards united and her dragons. Slaver's Bay is gonna burn! 

The Jon - Sansa reunion was excellent and well done. I even liked the Ramsay scene and King's Landing. In the latter, you know something big is coming. . 

Doubt very seriously that they all would have walked to where they were sitting and not notice oil on the floor. IMO the help she needed was her barring the door, that's all.

As for Dany ending Tyrions slave deal, it hasn't even been accepted yet. My guess is Dany will send word to the slavers that the Dothraki are going to turn her over and for them to have gold and horses ready, then they swoop in, kill the masters who are there and take it all. Maybe the meet is in Volantis and she gets their fleet as well.

1 hour ago, StarksNTargs said:

Right after I stated that this board is ridiculous, you come along minutes later and prove it!  Cheers!

Yeah, how could anyone think this made her a murderer? They just told her that she is going to be raped by all of them, basically all of the Dothraki, and their horses if she is still alive. Yeah, but they didn't actually do it so that makes her a murderer. Stupid, just stupid.

15 minutes ago, Fexyr said:

I know, right? I vote for Torienne! hahaha

Yeah, the way he looked at her in the yard when she arrived was great. Can't believe I didn't see it coming. Finnier thing is a friend who watches the show missed it entirely, she just thought he was watching her eat!!!

10 hours ago, darksellsword said:

Georges Characters in the books are far more layered and the relationships they have with each other are far more intricate, the story in the books is also more expansive. I always took most of Jons musings about Arya as bread crumbs, little clues to help the reader keep in mind how similar Jon, Arya and Lyanna looked nothing more than that.

Not really how George works as a writer. Typically he has the message that one has to marry someone completely outside of one's own tribe to earn points in his greater writing universe. He has a lot of characters in his writing career who are frequently having sex with a woman or a man who looks exactly like them (only of the opposite gender), and it's typically a sign that the characters are stunted as individuals, narcissistic, and selfish. The critique being that they're so absorbed with themselves, that they like to have sex with a mirror image of themselves, essentially.

It's a critique of all the old pairings of "boy/girl meets his/her exact match in the opposite gender and marries her or likes her upon first sight". You know like how Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse or Donald Duck and Daisy Duck are essentially the same characters, the only distinction between them being their genders. It's a trope that was very very popular in cartoons, but also our live action entertainment (I seem to recall every "chunky" or "overweight" couple find an equally "chunky" or "overweight" person to match off with (the second stepsister in the film Ever After, and her new beaux who's the Prince's Captain of the Guards fall into this category easily--the film going out of their way to hammer the point home by having the two dress up for the ball both in horse costumes and grazing over the banquet table each when meeting). GRRM in his writing frequently writes about how people need to move beyond finding such pairings, as "pairing off" in that manner only encourages the "us vs them" mentality he rails against if one only intermarries within one's own tribe, and one's own likeness. His argument being if we as a people only marry and interact with "people like us" how else are we ever going to understand "people not like us". And if we don't understand "people not like us", what's to stop us from seeing them with hostility, and eventually wage war against them? Nothing, is what GRRM typically answers, as societies that don't intermarry with outsiders are typically portrayed as backwards and dying cultures that are locked in a constant struggle against an "other" that they don't understand, and need to desperately learn this lesson if there's any hope for survival. That they don't learn the lesson typically means death, tragedy and destruction sooner or later in GRRM's universe.

That the original plan was for a trilogy of books to have it start by a character (Ned) discovering and opposing an incestuous relationship between two individuals who are more typical of his greater ouvre (Cersei and Jaime), and have "corrupted the Kingdom" by planting their own children instead of the King's--only to originally intend to end said trilogy with a similar such relationship blossoming among his own "children" (one natural and one adopted) tells me everything that I need to know about the original idea of Jon and Arya--even if they are cousins, it's George's way of saying not much has changed over the course of the novels, beyond the people who sit on the throne. A rather depressing ending, truth be told.

Personally, I'd prefer if Jon were to remain unattached at the end of the novels, or if he HAS to be with someone, put him with Val.