[Poll] How would you rate episode 604?

Ran

How would you rate episode 604?  

524 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

2 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

Seeing as, in this thread, you are frowned upon if you don't follow the heard, praising all the ridiculous stuff in this show, blindly ignoring the countless plot holes, character assassinations (by this I mean in show, nothing to do with the book characters), cring-worthy dialoge, and utter stupidity of it all, I won't list all the things I hated about this episode. Most are in denial about any legitimate criticism any way and just ignore it. (kind of how D&D do with all reason and logic) instead, I will only list what I did like. 

1. I thought Sophie and Kit did a good job in the Castle Black yard scene. This was the first time in years that this show was able to illicit any kind of emotional response out of me. It was very touching, and as they didn't say anything, I didn't have D&D's awkward, mind numbing dialogue to break my immersion. 

2. Uhhmm... Uhh... Yeah sorry, that's all I got. 

Most people just take issue with those who constantly complain about how much they think something sucks but yet insist on watching it just to go on the internet and complain about it. It would be like me going on a Taylor Swift forum to complain about how much I fucking hate her music.

10 minutes ago, DarkAndFullOfTurnips said:

Most people just take issue with those who constantly complain about how much they think something sucks but yet insist on watching it just to go on the internet and complain about it. It would be like me going on a Taylor Swift forum to complain about how much I fucking hate her music.

No, it's nothing at all the same.

In response to your post, I would again like to share, as someone who now hates the show, why I still watch it. 

1. It's like watching a train wreck, it's a horrible thing,  but  as per human nature, I just can't turn away. 

2. Got used to be, and is supposed to be an adaption of one of my favorite stories ever. At first I watched it for that reason, how awesome to have your favorite books adapted to a visual medium. Unfortunately, D&D have ruined that for me. So as a  fan of Asoiaf, I feel a desire to know how D&D are butchering this story, as well as a right to voice my displeasure with it.  

3. As ubsurd as I now know it is, a small part of me still hopes against hope that the show will get back to being a quality adaption, and away from being a show about cheap shocks, juvenile dick jokes and gratuitous sex and nudity. 

Edited by Darkstream

I don't get why ppl like this episode.  I really don't understand. One of the poorest episodes ever.

Stark Reunion - Okay nice and decent played.

Greyjoy Reunion - big, big, big plothole. How does Theon get there in time? His plane just landed? O.K. fine. The scene itself was okay. Good acting from Alfie again, that broken Theon look still fits him perfect. 

Osha's death - a little bit out of nowhere, but I liked they gave Osha the warrior's death her character deserved. It's sad Ramsey has this Valeryen Steel plot armor. Would have been a nice ending for him.

Kings Landing - the scenes lack the gravety they had when Tywin was still alive. I don't buy the story anymore. Back when Tywin and Oleanna where arguing - that was brilliantly even when it was funny. That has gone.

Meeren - lame, lame, lame. Still only fillers. Tyrions character simply doesn't work in the enviroment. Put him back to Westeros.

Sweetrobin - that's the plot Littlefinger? Telling everyone the Boltons took Sansa when hundreds of ppl now they didn't? That's the master of conspiricy? Realy? Was that poor. Sweetrobin is a nice dickhead by the way. Liked how his character was portrayed.

Danys BBC - Have the dosh khaleen poured their hut in gazoline entirely? How did she start the fire with a handfull of burning coals, again? How did the fire catch the men that quickly? Oh yeah, everybody likes it burning, I get it. But a little bit of plausebility, just a little bit. As it was done I could only laugh. Reminded me of the "A team" or "Mc Guyver" from the eighties. Who needs a story if it's burning and exploding.

15 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

3. As ubsurd as I now know it is, a small part of me still hopes against hope that the show will get back to being a quality adaption, and away from being a show about cheap shocks, juvenile dick jokes and gratuitous sex and nudity. 

They have noticeable less gratuitous sex and nudity now than back in the halycon days when the show followed the books more faithfully.

Don't get me wrong season 5 was my least favourite season, but if your only yardstick is how faithful an adaption is to its source material then you will rarely enjoy an adaption.

13 minutes ago, JagLover said:

They have noticeable less gratuitous sex and nudity now than back in the halycon days when the show followed the books more faithfully.

Don't get me wrong season 5 was my least favourite season, but if your only yardstick is how faithful an adaption is to its source material then you will rarely enjoy an adaption.

My complaints with this show have absolutely nothing to with how close it is to the books. Sure, I would like to see it as close as posible, but if it was completely different, but actually good, then I would be happy, and give it praise. Got is a bad show all on it's own. 

Great. Best episode so far. 8/10.

There's war a brewin' on all-sides! All the main characters are ready to go all in. And the Dany scene is the one that just switched the season into top gear. It gonna go mental from here on in.

That High Sparrow is kinda getting on my nerves now, though. Although I guess he is meant to.

And sad Osha died.

Still... Jon and Sansa! Yay! Loved it.

A solid 8. Should have named this show "The Reunion" since we had like 4 or 5.

Hard to beat 2&3 since so much went on in those two episodes, but I think this episode had a lot of good moments. Obvious one is the first proper Stark reunion, which is just crazy to even hear myself say... two Starks in the same room... talking, even hugging. Weird, but what a great moment and I like that they touched on their prior relationship since the show just chose not to give us any insight. They also finally developed Sansa's character while they're holding off on Jon. I thought after dying Jon would be all "fuck it, fuck everyone I'm going to run shit now", but I guess they're going down the broken man trying to build strength again. 

Ramsey scene was great as always and he's still one of my favourite characters even though I think his time is up soon. No Rickon which surprises me and they killed off Osha too - this is leading to a simple conclusion and I think they'll kill Rickon off to get Sansa and Jon even more riled up. I enjoyed the Daario and Jorah scenes, but the final Dany scene was meh. Tyrion was fantastic and they're finally going somewhere in Mereen... fucking finally. King's Landing was a let down this week, too much of staying in one place, but at least Theon is getting somewhere close to his "normal" self. 

3 hours ago, Joan Jett said:

Sorry for misinterpreting you, but you still haven answered my question. What red herrings quotes were you referencing? 

Also can you elaborate more on these Jon/Sandor parallels? Facial disfigurement? That's it?

And like I said before, when GRRM writes incestuous relationships it's always with a close sibling bond as the foundations. That's his pattern. I already gave you examples.

You're saying I have no insight and yet you're the one who said that GRRM will write Jon marrying Sansa and raising Ramsay's kid.....OK.

I never once mentioned red herring quotes, you put forward the notion that George alluded to Jon having romantic feelings for Arya and provided quotes I then stated my opinion that if George intended to give that impression about their relationship then it would ultimately be a red herring because for me as a reader it wouldn't hold true to who Arya is or serve any purpose in the overall story. You then put forward the relationship Sansa had with the hound as being an obstacle in the way of Jon and Sansa becoming romantically involved I pointed out to you that Sandor has parallels with Jon that would serve Sansas character/story progression via Sansa transfering her feelings for Sandor on to Jon. Sandor and Jon have a few things in common actually, both partially disfigured yes, both over shadowed by an older brother in childhood both brooding outsiders ,Jon went off to serve the nights watch which is essentially a monastery  Clegane served as joffereys bodyguard and later on the kings guard he then presumably became a monk on the quiet isle, both never actively tried to have sex even before they joined their respective orders with the exception of Sandor wrestling with his urge to have sex with Sansa and of course Jon being with yigritte, Sandor and Jon have both essentially been resurrected. We already agreed that the relationship wouldn't be incestuous or at least considered to be at that time so of course it wouldn't have the same style as the incestuous relationships he has written.

Edited by darksellsword

Solid 6.  That's my highest rating since season 3.  The Starks getting back together is something I have always wanted to see, they could've done a better job with that reunion but it was good enough.  Littlefinger rollin in in the hooked up coach lookin like a pimp took it from 5 to 5.5.  The way he handled Royce was pretty well done.  A bit too transparent for Lord Baelish but its probably the best we can hope for from these writers.  Subtley completely escapes them.  Jamie layin the smack down on the small council gave it another half point.  I'm over the Ramsey and Tyrion nonsense.  Wasting a character like Osha just to show us once again how badass Ramsey Sue is was painful to watch.  Saint Tyrion is getting boring and nonsensical, and now that Dany has 100k screaming Bloodriders, his entire season has no point.  Jorah and Darrio was just dumb, seemed alot like Jamie and Bronn in Dorne to me.

It would've got a 8 if they would've flown the dragons in over the burning hut.  I'd have given a 10 if it was Arya reuniting with Jon but they fucked the possibility of that up a long time ago.

A solid 9 from me.

Any suggestion the show was getting worse or couldn't live without the books are starting to look very stupid right now. 

This is maybe one of the best episodes there has been. So full on incident and fantastic scenes, well written, well acted! Loved it. 

Its making its own path and doing it really well actually 

1 minute ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

A solid 9 from me.

Any suggestion the show was getting worse or couldn't live without the books are starting to look very stupid right now. 

This is maybe one of the best episodes there has been. So full on incident and fantastic scenes, well written, well acted! Loved it. 

Its making its own path and doing it really well actually 

I agree. But i gave a 10 because Jon/Sansa reunion brought tears to my eyes and it was just so goddamn nice to see Starks reunite. Sansa feeling bolstered and Pink Letter happening, yeah it was a fucking good time. Even though we lost Osha, i couldnt ask for a better on-screen way of her going out while still being consistent with what is going on in the show right now. We cant have her mutual kill Ramsay because Bastardbowl is coming.

Just now, Florina Laufeyson said:

I agree. But i gave a 10 because Jon/Sansa reunion brought tears to my eyes and it was just so goddamn nice to see Starks reunite. Sansa feeling bolstered and Pink Letter happening, yeah it was a fucking good time. Even though we lost Osha, i couldnt ask for a better on-screen way of her going out while still being consistent with what is going on in the show right now. We cant have her mutual kill Ramsay because Bastardbowl is coming.

Honestly, I think none of the episodes would get less than a 9 from me if they nuked Dorne and had aliens abduct Ramsay.

Was thinking about an 8 during the more leisurely parts, but the last twenty minutes sealed a 9. I'm responding late, though, so I won't bother reviewing the episode, but nice to see Jon about to confront Ramsay at last, and our mother of burnt off clothing getting her mojo back again.

Edited by The Killer Snark

11 hours ago, God-Emperor of Yi Ti said:

in a way that Drogon ex machina wouldn't have been? 

Of course Drogon's showing up sometime soon would neatly address the challenger aspect too..

No, I do think Drogon would have been a simple way out aswell.

But to be fair it would make more sense to me. Taming wild animals is usually seen as a way to demonstrate your strength and (male) dominance so when you can even tame a dragon that could be seen as ultimate show of strength. I also think that people who like to follow the strongest leader in war would follow someone who has a dragon on his side.

Not being burned by fire is something I'd associate more with witchcraft than strength. That's why the reaction of the crowd didn't sit right with me. 

43 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

I never once mentioned red herring quotes, you put forward the notion that George alluded to Jon having romantic feelings for Arya and provided quotes I then stated my opinion that if George intended to give that impression about their relationship then it would ultimately be a red herring because for me as a reader it wouldn't hold true to who Arya is or serve any purpose in the overall story. You then put forward the relationship Sansa had with the hound as being an obstacle in the way of Jon and Sansa becoming romantically involved I pointed out to you that Sandor has parallels with Jon that would serve Sansas character/story progression via Sansa transfering her feelings for Sandor on to Jon. Sandor and Jon have a few things in common actually, both partially disfigured yes, both over shadowed by an older brother in childhood both brooding outsiders ,Jon went off to serve the nights watch which is essentially a monastery  Clegane served as joffereys bodyguard and later on the kings guard he then presumably became a monk on the quiet isle, both never actively tried to have sex even before they joined their respective orders with the exception of Sandor wrestling with his urge to have sex with Sansa and of course Jon being with yigritte, Sandor and Jon have both essentially been resurrected. We already agreed that the relationship wouldn't be incestuous or at least considered to be at that time so of course it wouldn't have the same style as the incestuous relationships he has written.

Technically it is still incest. They're cousins. It's just incest that is allowed. Also Jon and Sansa still grew up siblings. When it comes to siblings falling in love, there is always a close bond as foundation. My point still stands. 

And those Sandor/Jon parallels are impressive, but it's really not an indication of Jon/Sansa at all. There is no foreshadowing or hints in the books that Sansa and Jon will ever be together. 

Edited by Joan Jett