[Poll] How would you rate episode 604?

Ran

How would you rate episode 604?  

524 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

7 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

Cousins are still related, so it's still incest. Acceptable incest. 

I'm afraid you are mistaken.  Incest is incest precisely because it is unacceptable. If it is acceptable then it is not incest — by definition.

From Oxford, incest means:

Sexual relations between people classed as being too closely related to marry each other.

If they can marry, it’s not incest. Cousins can marry, and therefore it is not incest.

Q.

E.

E.

So far in GoT: 6x1: 6/10 / 6x2: 8/10 / 6x3: 5/10 --> average: 6,3/10

Episode 3: 9/10 --> altogether: 7/10

Woah that was great. After seeing a quite mediocre season so far, this episode finally was GoT material again. 

Also a lot of book spoilers what i liked. The only negative aspects were the time-killing HSparrow speech and the lame Bolton-scene

HBO-teaser for next week looks great as well!

7 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I'm afraid you are mistaken.  Incest is incest precisely because it is unacceptable. If it is acceptable then it is not incest — by definition.

From Oxford, incest means:

Sexual relations between people classed as being too closely related to marry each other.

If they can marry, it’s not incest. Cousins can marry, and therefore it is not incest.

Q.

E.

E.

Ok, but personally I still consider it to be incest since they're related by blood. 

On 16/05/2016 at 11:58 AM, Stonelands said:

-Osha being killed whilst trying to kill Ramsay makes me worry that there isn't any plot on behalf of the Umber's to betray Ramsay (if there was then surely she'd wait for it to come to fruition rather than jump the gun). This is only a concern for me because it will mean that Shaggy Dog is definitely dead.

Agree with this, although maybe she thought she had no choice but to act straightaway, contrary to any plan that might have been in place. When Ramsay sends for you it's never going to end well. I expect I'll be living in denial of Shaggydog's death right up until Rickon buys it too.

On 16/05/2016 at 11:58 AM, Stonelands said:

-People were complaining that it seemed like Jon hadn't lost anything of himself as you are supposed to when you come back from the dead. Well it seems to me that his reluctance to fight might be a sign that D & D have actually acknowledged that and incorporated it in this way. Now people are complaining about that, haha.

And with this. Jon's reluctance to storm into another fight is perfectly logical to me here. 

I gave this episode a 9.  I loved the Sansa/Jon reunion.  I know we had the trailer with Sansa & Co. arriving at Castle Black but I felt sure Jon would already have left. Finally a Stark reunion, it did bring tears to my eyes. 

Dany at her best since I can't remember when. 

I hope Theon hasn't forgotten about making amends to House Stark. Alfie Allen played this scene really well. 

Hopefully all the forgetfulness we've been criticizing has now been turned on the Sand Snakes and we can hear in some episode (very quickly so we don't waste screen time) that they've all drowned or swallowed their own poison or ... anything really so they don't come back. 

The downside of this episode is what has been happening since Season 4 but I'm losing patience: Why are they making Jaime so boring and pointless?  Waste of a good character who was developing really well, and a great actor. 

Edited by Nymeria's pack
correction

On 16.5.2016 at 4:52 AM, Lord Buckethead said:

I don't know... I kind of bought part of it.

I mean, the way the fires rose so quickly, and caught everyone inside the Dosh Khaleen temple was quite rediculous, But her self confidence in that situation made sense. It was as if she already knew what the consequences would be (Just like the season 1 finale)? And that they would be favorable to her. Perhaps she had had a vision beforehand?

And like others have said: I expected Drogon would do it. I like surprises.

8/10

Pretty sure Daario and Jorah prepped the temple beforehand, making everything extra flammable and extra locked.  I thought the scene was pretty good, but I think a dragon showing up and burning everything would have been more realistic and more convincing to the Dothraki, who admire horse riders above all else.  What better steed than a fucking 100-ton fire-breathing monster with wings who just snuffed out a half-dozen khals in one minute?  Daenerys would have still been bad-ass, walking out of there unburnt and naked, but if she'd also had a dragon to mount, that'd would have been so metal.

Oh, I give the episode a 9.

Edited by Talking Hodor

Best episode for Dany in many seasons, and great that she came up with the solution and not the shining Knights or dragon. The Stark reunion was great, the hug, much like Rob and Jon's parting  in the first season, spoke so much to their deep inner feelings for each other. Too much HS he has got to go. LF manipulating was great again, he's still the real power player they have to all conquer to get to the Iron throne, and better for Tyrion but still not like the season 2/3 machinations.

53 minutes ago, dbunting said:

You need to reign it in a notch Toad. I was just trying to play nice and be the middle man to explain why he said what he said.

Here is my exact post, I don't see anything here to offend you or to give you reason to lash out. 

I don't need to be anything that you want me to be. The devil is in the details, but you must have missed that? I get responded with a troll for the sake of it, saying, what if they keep the thousands of horses hidden, or they have secretly transported the millions of tonnes feed from where to feed their hidden horses.

I will tell you that a horse costs about 50 quid a day, today, to keep and maintain, sometimes more depending on the breed, because they cannot just eat grass as a diet, and a horse for war and riding cannot stay enclosed or it won't charge.

But you have the nerve to place me in the wrong? Because you think you can communicate like that to me and you tell me that I need to what. I'll tell you what I need to do is report your post, and I will the next time you try to respond to me. Blocked and goodbye.

Edited by House Toad

I expected the scene to maybe use the Dosh Khaleen, on the mountainside as the only building, because they live in tents, as they are constantly on the move raiding. Apart from when returning to their city. A city that has no real structuring in Vaes Dothrak, except for the temple structure needed to house its crones on that mountain side. What is at the top of the mountain that the crones live? A beautiful lake where Khal Drogo stole her love. Nevermind that.

Using the spies to infiltrate from a boat via a market, because there is no way that the hobbits walked to Isengard. If you are going to show an aerial screenshot, it better include the primary thing that the Dothraki revere the most or it is pointless to show it from that landscape using that horizon which showed an endless landscape of a barren desert mountainous wasteland, where their raiding horses would their break legs.

So how should that scene have been shown? Using a simple temple on a mountain. Ending with Jorah and Daario looking up at a burning building, or even the same building it didn't matter apart from the placement of that aerial screenshot when showing that expanse of their encampment. Did it need the death of Aggo, using a squish squish squish splatting sound, after his knife attack? Or couldn't they have witnessed something on their arrival, we didn't even learn anything from them, nothing that we didn't already know, except that they were there to help her get home.

Its final scene was something out of Mazalan, reminiscent of hobbling, come Sinn the girl who burst into an inferno?

Edited by House Toad

I felt a bit mixed about this episode.

I really enjoyed most of Castle Black (the dinner scene is the funniest they have had in what feels like ages, the humour  aspect has been missing recently from the show) and although I found Brienne interrupting Davos and Melisandra a bit awkward I can see why they did it. 

Littlefinger scene I liked, it's been a long time since we've had someone play a scene out like that, although I despite his magical transportation carriage.

Kings landing stuff was good, building things nicely. and I like the Dothraki scenes although I'm not quite as vested in that storyline. 

But some things still seem rushed or out of place. I still feel like the writers have lost a bit of control over the plot and are desperately trying to get it back on track. Something is still missing. 

Oh and I almost forgot! Thought they did the Osha and Ramsay scene really well, they gave you enough hope that she might do something with the knife, and I myself had totally forgotten Theon had told Ramsay how Osha helped Bran and Rickon escape. Just really well played out. 

Also liked the Pyke scene between Asha/Yara and Theon. They both acted it very well. 

22 hours ago, Cz-99 said:

The Good:

+ Castle Black

+ Sansa in a better place/mood

+ Jorah and FakeDaario

+ Brothaki

The Shite:

- Seeing Brienne's face in the first 3 minutes

- Brienne

- Brienne's undeserved screentime

- Ramsay produces a dagger from his arse yet again - predictable shank

- Littlefinger reminds everyone of his idiotic plan

- Scrub Robyn being all scrubby

- They made Loras and Royce little bitches in the show

- Dany's immunity to fire

- Cheesy Dany rubbish (everything from her killing the Brothaki to walking out with everyone kneeling)

The Meh:

+/- Tyrion scenes were okay, Scrub Worm and his gurl need to shut the Shujinko up

+/- King's landing, High Sparrow gets more annoying with each episode

Overall, a generous 6/10: Certified Wank

Ramsay used the knife he was cutting the apple with. How did you miss that? You are ranting just to rant and that proves it. Please be more careful with future posts.

I have a question for several of you out there, as I keep hearing this accusation and don't understand this. Several posters, that are obviously unable to understand or accept that someone might have a differing view than them, constantly spout out, "you just hate fore the sake of hating" I really don't get this. What does this even mean? Are you implying that someone thinks something is good and really likes it, but claims that they hate it? What is the point of this? What would even motivate someone to do this? I don't see what there is to gain from doing something like that. 

I think people just say this because they have no response for the legitimate criticisms of a show that they love, not because it's a quality show, but because of their emotional attachment to it. They find it difficult to admit that something they are passionate about, has sunken so low. 

I've been accused of this several times on these forums, and its pretty ridiculous. I don't want to hate this show. I want this show to be the great, iconic masterpiece that it once showed it had the potential to be. I would love nothing more than to come on here and give Got nothing but high scores and praise. Alas, that is honestly not how I see this show anymore. 

As I've stated several times before, I have absolutely no problem with people coming on here raving about how great Got is and giving high scores to something that I obviously feel doesn't deserve it. I respect your right to your opinion, and your right to rate the show as you please. 

What I ask is for that same respect. My dislike of this show in no way inhibits your ability to enjoy it. I have the same right to come on here and give this show a one, and voice my displeasure with it as you have to give it a ten. Please stop making baseless assumptions about other people's motives, just because you, for some reason, feel threatened that somebody disagrees with you. It would be real nice if I could come onto this public forum to share my opinion, without several people calling me a troll, insisting that my opinion isn't valid, and acting like they are the reigning authority on how everybody is supposed to vote. 

"Ramsay used the knife he was cutting the apple with. How did you miss that? You are ranting just to rant and that proves it. Please be more careful with future posts."

Actually he didn't. He laid that knife on the table to tempt Osha. But he didn't pull a knife out of nowhere either. He planned that encounter completely. Every single detail.

@ Darkstream

I'm perfectly willing to accept some don't like the show, and their reasons for it are perfectly valid to them. I can't argue it, because I'm not them.

But anyone who would rate any episode a 1 is going well beyond disliking the show. They want to piss off the people who like it. They want to convince others to hate it too. They are still watching a show they hate just so they can tear it apart without it being obvious they don't even watch it. That is the very definition of hating for the sake of hating.

Edited by Vastet

12 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Ramsay used the knife he was cutting the apple with. How did you miss that? You are ranting just to rant and that proves it. Please be more careful with future posts.

I don't think that comment needs to be taken literaly.