[Poll] How would you rate episode 604?

Ran

How would you rate episode 604?  

524 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

1 hour ago, Vastet said:

I care because it's bs. So you don't enjoy it, that's fine. But rating it a 1 implies much more than you don't enjoy it. It implies the camera work is shoddy, that the scoring is poor or nonexistant. That the effects are like something from the 1950's. That the makeup and wardrobe is completely out of place. That ALL the acting is wooden and could be better done by kindergarteners. That the sound is off. That the writing is horrible and incapable of tying plots points together. That there is no plot. And a lot more. It's an insult to everyone who works on the show and everyone who enjoys it.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I have to agree with Vastet, at least for this part of his post. The show(or any show for that matter) is not only about acting and storyline. Yes, some might put a higher emphasis on those two aspects, but there is much more than that with how a show is graded.

A 1 rating for a GoT episode should not exist. Also a 10 rating because others give it a 1. Both extremes are silly, and make the rating debate pointless.

Since this 1 or 10 trend is going to continue, I suggest we revamp the rating system. Make more polls, for sound, cinematography, acting,  effects, story, and calculate your average score. If someone gets a 1 or 10 average, he must be either trolling or certifiably insane.

EDIT: there might be a 1-3% chance of getting a perfect score, but a rating of 1 should not exist. 

Edited by Xcorpyo001

On an off topic in other comparisons of shows that I am currently watching, apology for being off topic and maybe a troll because it is non topic, except in showing comparisons. Shows that I rate highly, probably rating in the high 8- 10 rating from what I have seen.

Billions. A show that replies heavily on its use of witty dialogue and acting, even when its characters argue and swear it is awesome. I have only seen the pilot but it was immersing. I have the box set I need to watch it now, but my box is getting so full of content. It was a very enjoyable pilot. 9.5

Penny Dreadful Season 3. I am enjoying a lot more than past seasons.  The second season I didn't like very much at all, and the first didn't have much of an ending, it has some violence and nudity which some might consider over the top, but it serves a purpose. The dialogue used and the acting make it a very enjoyable show with a decent fantasy plot. I grimaced with the Daywalker and mirrors. It is enjoyable. 8.5

Colony; The action and dialogue make the plot enjoyable. 8

Banshee; I don't like this season as much as previous seasons and it contains a lot of violence action swearing and nudity. It is enjoyable. 8

I do enjoy Game of Thrones when it is having better day's, and no not every episode is as good as the next. This episode discussed was miles off its usual mark

Edited by House Toad

56 minutes ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I have to agree with Vastet, at least for this part of his post. The show(or any show for that matter) is not only about acting and storyline. Yes, some might put a higher emphasis on those two aspects, but there is much more than that with how a show is graded.

A 1 rating for a GoT episode should not exist. Also a 10 rating because others give it a 1. Both extremes are silly, and make the rating debate pointless.

Since this 1 or 10 trend is going to continue, I suggest we revamp the rating system. Make more polls, for sound, cinematography, acting,  effects, story, and calculate your average score. If someone gets a 1 or 10 average, he must be either trolling or certifiably insane.

EDIT: there might be a 1-3% chance of getting a perfect score, but a rating of 1 should not exist. 

Sure, you can say that there are aspects of the show that may not deserve a one, but here's my issue with this. Amongst a multitude of other things that I stated I rate the show on, I said the most important to me was whether I enjoyed it and was entertained. If certain aspects of the show are soooo bad that my immersion and suspension of dis-belief are constantly broken, then it's impossible for me to apreciate anything that I'm watching. 

As an example, you can have an amazing cgi dragon that looks cool, and argue that that is worth more than a one rating, but if I find everything in the scene with that dragon to be utterly stupid and non-sensicle to the point that I'm shaking my head and rolling my eyes before the dragon even shows itself, then I'm not going to enjoy the scene no matter how good of a job they did with the dragon. If I don't enjoy the scene, than I have a right to give it a one. 

Also, on the other side, you can have an awfull scene with absolutely nothing worth a high rating, but people will rave about how great it is and give it a ten, just because two of their favorite characters were re-united. Never mind that the whole concept of the scene, or the characterization is ridiculous and lacking any common sense or reason. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Game_of_Thrones

You have the right to give it a 1 I guess, but some critics might disagree with you.

My last posts in the 'criticize without...' thread are over a page or two pages long, but as entertainment value, I rated these last episodes with ratings between 7 and 9(had to round it up to a number, but not by much)

5/10

It had some good moments but even these were weakened by what surrounded them. Danys scene was spectacular but the logic behing it pretty bad. And the Jon/Sansa reununion fell flat pretty quicke when they started having meaningless smalltalk about old Nans pies instead of sharing news about things like Arya, Bran and Rickon being alive or Sansa showing any curiosity about the fact that Jon has fuckin' risen from the dead recently.

Tyrions negotiations were Ok but his offer sounded ridicolous to me. Let's hope this is just him starting the bargain deliberately far from away from a possible compromise aiming to drag things out as long as possible until Dany comes back.

Seing Tormund having the hots for Brienne was a fun moment, but please leave it there.

The Tyrells taking action to get Marg and Loras out by force and Davos questioning Mel about Stannis felt awkward, because it was so long overdue. But at least it happened.

Otherwise: Ramsay kills another side character, The high sparrow has another eeeeeendless monologue (showing that his motivation is basically "I partied hard once and didn't like it, so now I don't want other people to have fun either"), Littlefinger continues to somehow get away with his foolish plans. Same old, same old.

I gave it an 8.  Watched it twice and each time I choked up when Jon and Sansa came together.  Tormund eye-humping Brienne made me laugh and I hope they go at it.  The Pink Letter!  Finally!  I like how Sansa said she'd retake the North with or without Jon and I like how Edd gave Jon shit about leaving them.  Dude!  You know what's out there!  You have a VS sword, you can't leave but you don't have to retake the vows or be LC.  I enjoyed the look on Mel's face when Brienne confronted her.  I don't understand why Marg has to do the walk of shame, Cersei admitted to a few things and the walk was her getting bonded out, so to speak.  Marg is to be tried by the Faith and the proof against her is more flimsy IIRC. 

Osha!  Nooooo!  I will miss her and I am afraid for Rickon.  Is he really in the dungeons? 

Unburnt, badass.  It did seem a little cheesy bc it went on for so long, but she now has her Dothraki hoard. 

Tyrion is always comical but I fear he's going to end up seriously pissing off Missandei and Grey Worm. 

On 17/05/2016 at 2:37 AM, GilletteMace said:

after 6 seasons there are still people who didnt get that the books and the shows are two different entities, its just sad. if each episode would be a 1 or a 2 for me, i would have simply stopped watching the show, long ago. pathetic.

It's unfortunate that you can't accept that this is supposed to be an adaption, not fan-fic. If D&D are so convinced that they can write such a superior story, then they shouldn't have commissioned the rights to a story with such a strong following of fans that love the books. Why didn't they just write their own story if they wanted to change and butcher this one so much? Oh, that's right, they would have never made it past the pilot episode. If it weren't for the book fans, you wouldn't even have your presious show to watch and rave about. 

Edited by Darkstream

31 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

It's unfortunate that you can't accept that this is supposed to be an adaption, not fan-fic. If D&D are so convinced that they can write such a superior story, then they shouldn't have commissioned the rights to a story with such a strong following of fans that love the books. Why didn't they just write their own story if they wanted to change and butcher this one so much. Oh, that's right, they would have never made it past the pilot episode. If it weren't for the book fans, you wouldn't even have your presious show to watch and rave about. 

Anyone who gives ANY episode less than 5/10 is just trolling IMO. Butthurt book purists who really shouldn't watch the show if they hate it that much. Why don't you fund a kickstarter fund to produce a word for word, page by page adaptation  (that no one apart from hardcore book fans will watch). 

Every episode is at least a 5 just for the quality of acting, production values, special effects, costume design, music and direction alone. 

Have any of you actually watched a movie that has scored 5 or less on imdb? 

I love the books but they are a completely different animal from the show. I love the show as well.

This episode was easily a 8 or 9 out of 10. Great entertainment.

There are always going to be changes to such a massive story. The clue is in the word adaptation. Adapt/adapting the original source material to tell the story in a different medium. Some folk need to grow up and chill the hell out. 

2 minutes ago, Ser Flynn said:

Anyone who gives ANY episode less than 5/10 is just trolling IMO. Butthurt book purists who really shouldn't watch the show if they hate it that much. Why don't you fund a kickstarter fund to produce a word for word, page by page adaptation  (that no one apart from hardcore book fans will watch). 

Every episode is at least a 5 just for the quality of acting, production values, special effects, costume design, music and direction alone. 

I love the books but they are a completely different animal from the show. I love the show as well.

There are always going to be changes to such a massive story. The clue is in the word adaptation. Adapt/adapting the original source material to tell the story in a different medium. Some folk need to grow up and chill the hell out. 

You might want to look up the difference between adaption and fan-fiction.

I liked the pink letter scene , I liked Brienne in all scenes , I liked Ramsay scene (cause Ramsay at least kept being himself) rest of episode was a bit well I didn't liked the dialogues the vocabulary was poor (of course as there is no book dialogues to use anymore quality in dialogues will fall but sounded much like talking just to talk) the last scene with Daenerys I didn't liked it at all not because she burnt them and then got out unburnt but because it wasn't organised  well , how the fire spread that quickly why no Khal go straight to her to strangle her (they are fighting for fun after all and don't afraid death) Khals running away scared from fire was weird while they are violent and savage but not cowards though getting scared cause she didn't got burnt makes sense to me I believe it should be done differently maybe hold in hand some burning coals in front of them to impress them cause dothraki are afraid of magic , anyway I might blabbering nonsense but the last scene was like Rambo fires a gun and all bullets find target killing about 40 ppl .... so for me is 3/10 , pity cause the actors are great and when given nice dialogues they do great job

22 minutes ago, Ser Flynn said:

But this is not imdb, their scale doesn't apply here.

This is a discussion board specifically dedicated to the Song of Ice and Fire. If there is any forum where it is completely valid to be a hypercritical "butthurt book purist" it's right here.

If people want to rate the show not in comparison to other TV shows, but solely based on how well it did adaping the books, that is their right. And the opinion that it did so very poorly, a valid one.