[Poll] How would you rate episode 604?

Ran

How would you rate episode 604?  

524 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

@Darkstream:

I have quite specifically not responded to your posts anymore (partially due to your request to respect your opinion, and partially because there was nothing left to say without repeating myself), so don't pretend that I've continued arguing with you when I most certainly have not done so.

10 minutes ago, Vastet said:

@Darkstream:

I have quite specifically not responded to your posts anymore (partially due to your request to respect your opinion, and partially because there was nothing left to say without repeating myself), so don't pretend that I've continued arguing with you when I most certainly have not done so.

Yes, but you did support a response that was directed at me. That's the reason I tagged you. 

1 minute ago, Vastet said:

I didn't see your name mentioned in that post. You don't have to take every dissenting opinion as a personal attack you know.

Take another look, I was directly quoted. 

2 hours ago, Darkstream said:

@GilletteMace

@Vastet

Ha, ha, ha, you guys are so hillarious. You keep coming back with the exact same, irrelevent argument. Nothing you guys ever say, trying to defend your precious show has anything to do with my actual criticism. 

What does any other show have to do with the quality of Got? I don't base my rating on other shows that I don't even watch. Does the lack of quality in some other show magically make D&D's plot make sense? Does it magically turn their cheesy, juvenile dialogue into smart, inteligent, witty dialogue? Does it have some sort of power to correct the countless inconsistencies found, not only from season to season, episode to episode, but also from scene to scene? Well, judging from the comprhension levels shown in interperating my posts, I'm not convinced any of you will be able to awnser, so I'll tell you. No it does not. At the end of the day, D&D have shown, in my honest opinion, that they are terrible writers, that put out a terrible show, period. 

I'm so flattered that you all hold my opinion of the show in such high esteem that you just can live with the fact that I think Got is a bad show. I hope I haven't cost you to lose to much sleep over it. You love the show and want to rate it high, fine. I disagree and rate it low. Get over it and stop trying to invalidate my opinion and paint me as some hate mongering troll. And don't worry, their not going to cancel you favorite show just because it got a few low ratings on some random, meaningless fan poll. 

i think its rather hillarious that you keep coming back to a forum for a show you think is bad. i just stated my opinion on why i think rating this show 1-3 is not fair comparing it to other shows. i dont want to change anyones opinion on the show, i just stated what i think is obvious. now i understand if you would love the show but you think one episode is very bad among the other episodes, but discussing the show on its forum while you think its bad and doing so over and over again is just extremely lame. in fact you are the one bringing on the negativity.

i really like the show and i even like it with inconsistencies and logical flaws. i dont care at all, because compared to all the crap out there it still is one of the best. i dont rate all episodes the same and do criticize what i think is weak, but i am able to put this show in a context. its not the only one existing. if you feel like giving an episode a 1-3 thats totally ok, it just doesnt make any sense if you keep returning to a board just to brag about how stupid it is.

even if you rate only based on game of thrones episodes a 1 shouldnt slip out easily and if it still does, i dont care, its your problem, your rating and your choice.

17 minutes ago, GilletteMace said:

i think its rather hillarious that you keep coming back to a forum for a show you think is bad. i just stated my opinion on why i think rating this show 1-3 is not fair comparing it to other shows. i dont want to change anyones opinion on the show, i just stated what i think is obvious. now i understand if you would love the show but you think one episode is very bad among the other episodes, but discussing the show on its forum while you think its bad and doing so over and over again is just extremely lame. in fact you are the one bringing on the negativity.

i really like the show and i even like it with inconsistencies and logical flaws. i dont care at all, because compared to all the crap out there it still is one of the best. i dont rate all episodes the same and do criticize what i think is weak, but i am able to put this show in a context. its not the only one existing. if you feel like giving an episode a 1-3 thats totally ok, it just doesnt make any sense if you keep returning to a board just to brag about how stupid it is.

even if you rate only based on game of thrones episodes a 1 shouldnt slip out easily and if it still does, i dont care, its your problem, your rating and your choice.

Ok, that's fine. You quoted me, so I responded

"Take another look, I was directly quoted."

I'll take your word for it. But know this: I don't just sit by and let others fight my battles for me. If I agree with someone that doesn't mean I'm assailing someone else. I do my own assailing. :)

Edited by Vastet

9 hours ago, GilletteMace said:

Don't worry its all attention grabbing. Nothing more. Theres no logical basis behind it. I don't think a 10 or a 1 is really ever a realistic score for the show. 

5 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Don't worry its all attention grabbing. Nothing more. Theres no logical basis behind it. I don't think a 10 or a 1 is really ever a realistic score for the show. 

Man, how many lines can a guy have in the water at one time. 

On 5/20/2016 at 9:53 AM, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I don't think a 10 or a 1 is really ever a realistic score for the show. 

For the show overall, this is true.

For individual episodes, GoT has come pretty close to deserving both 10s and 1s. It's a very long time since it deserved anything close to a 10 though. I've only ever dished out the singular 1 rating and that was for S5:09 The Dance Of The Dragons. I strongly believe that episode deserved a 1. My last 10 rating was probably in season 3 if it wasn't for Blackwater.

6 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

For individual episodes, GoT has come pretty close to deserving both 10s and 1s. It's a very long time since it deserved anything close to a 10 though. I've only ever dished out the singular 1 rating and that was for S5:09 The Dance Of The Dragons. I strongly believe that episode deserved a 1. My last 10 rating was probably in season 3 if it wasn't for Blackwater.

Season 5 would have had a few episodes I'd have marked quite low, but none would be a one, mainly because there would always be a few scenes or storyline that were still good, despite Dorne etc

6 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Production value one wouldn't make that episode a 1. You obviously don't take everything into consideration when being critical. Stannis fanboy i take it?

7 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Season 5 would have had a few episodes I'd have marked quite low, but none would be a one, mainly because there would always be a few scenes or storyline that were still good, despite Dorne etc

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Production value one wouldn't make that episode a 1. You obviously don't take everything into consideration when being critical. Stannis fanboy i take it?

We have some stubbon forumites here, right? You guys, yes both of you -apparently the highest authorities on public polls and voting- tell them repeatedly that they shooooould nooooooot vote 1 under any conditions, yet they still dare to express their personal opinions! How dare they do this? Who will stop this heresy?!!?!? It seems that your " Any particular reason why you aren't understanding" bulgeon is not very efficent any longer; you have to take harsher measures!!!

ps. since when do we have thougth police on these forums?

1 minute ago, watcher of the night said:

We have some stubbon forumites here, right? You guys, yes both of you -apparently the highest authorities on public polls and voting- tell them repeatedly that they shooooould nooooooot vote 1 under any conditions, yet they still dare to express their personal opinions! How dare they do this? Who will stop this heresy?!!?!? It seems that your " Any particular reason why you aren't understanding" bulgeon is not very efficent any longer; you have to take harsher measures!!!

Stannis was a secondary character at best and got MORE than he deserved.

23 minutes ago, watcher of the night said:

Keep throwing those toys out of the pram. 

Going for 8 with this one. There are still holes and weak links; but I was on the edge

of my seat almost the whole time.

Wall, etc.: There's one biggish hole here: Jon wants to go "home", but he doesn't want to fight? There's no way to go home without fighting. Maybe he's just confused after being dead. I like the reunion (it's about time someone Starky met someone else Starky) and that Sansa, after a season or so being the helpless victim, has a bit of spine now. Davos vs. Mel promises to be good, although it was immediately dissipated

because Brienne has a score of her own.

Littlefinger has brainwashed Robin; well, the latter is weak and not terribly savvy and a child; but LF continues to rely more on (momentary) plot armour than on cunning. Still, hopefully some build-up for the North remembering. It seems to have had a fit of amnesia lately. Must confess to getting a bit excited.

Ramsay: bleh. We know he's bad already. Still, we did get a "Pink Letter" out of it; but at some cost. I think it might have made more sense for Karstark to be the one to deliver Rickon. Iron Islands: brief but good. Although, how is Theon going to help Asha/Yara? Maybe he'll speak for her at the Moot.

KL remains a weak link. Pryce (the High Sparrow chap) is good, but talks too much. This segment felt rather diffuse. Possibly building up to a major confrontation between sparrows and bigwigs, which might be cool, or not. Cersei is still whitewashed-ish, but is also a master manipulator. I don't get Jaime.

Meereen: At least now the conflict between Tyrion and GW/Miss has some substance, w/ some movement of events. Much better than last episode, if still not the strongest segment.

Vaes Dothrak: That was intense. I guess Daenerys is still the Unburnt, and is now getting scary. I do wonder if the same effect couldn't have been obtained in more epic manner with a dragon. Where's Drogo? I liked Omara or whatever her name was, the younger khaleen type. Daario is still a jerk.

On 21 May 2016 at 4:37 PM, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Not remotely. The storytelling in every scene was woeful in that episode.

Production value means precious little to me. Like... Wow... They've got money to spend on making it look good. Well done. Some of the worst films I've ever seen had good production values. By the same token, some of the best films I've ever seen had relatively poor production values.