[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

3 hours ago, The Golden Wolf said:

Just thought of something, Carol says the Tyrells have the second largest army in Westeros...who the hell has the largest? Why did it take Mace and Olenna having to be told by carol of all fucking people to bring heir army into Kingslanding to get the Queen and the Heir of Highgarden (because we can't have full families around here) away from religious fanatics?

That stood out to me as well. Unless she still holds onto some notion that the Lannister army is the largest or trying to portay that its the largest to not give the Tyrells all the cards.

3 hours ago, The Golden Wolf said:

Just thought of something, Carol says the Tyrells have the second largest army in Westeros...who the hell has the largest? Why did it take Mace and Olenna having to be told by carol of all fucking people to bring heir army into Kingslanding to get the Queen and the Heir of Highgarden (because we can't have full families around here) away from religious fanatics?

The main reason would be because the Tyrells bringing their army into King's Landing without permission would be an act of war.  

This does raise the question whether the Lannisters will live to regret the decision to let a large army they don't control inside the capital.  Last time that happened it didn't work out very well (for the Targs anyway). But that would be par for the course with Cersei's decision-making.  Right up there with re-arming the Faith Militant.  

12 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

I would probably keep it a secret, especially from people like Tormund and Mance.

Well, at the point of asking, they would be either prisoners or Jon's allies.

1 hour ago, Locksley said:

Why is Kevan Lannister such a bitch in the show?

He's not part of the main cast, therefore it is forbidden to have any scenes with him as the primary focus.  This would take away from the screen time for other cast members, where we would miss scenes with Peter Dinklage making cock jokes and small talk with other intriguing cast members.

Does it bother anyone else at how much of a toady Jaime has become? When, and more importantly why, did his story take this turn? They were on the right track until S5 -- driving the wedges between him and his family members, playing up his desire to do the right thing by the Stark girls even to House Lannister's detriment -- but this was all abruptly dropped and now he's just his sister's yes-man again. He's absolutely nowhere near the turning point in his story arc, the string of experiences that lead him to strive for a bit of personal redemption and eventually break away from Cersei. 

I know they haven't been kind to his character in the show (rape and kinslaying weren't additional sins he needed to bear), and his mangled corpse was one of many victims recovered from the Dorne train wreck, but until now it hasn't felt like they just don't have a plan for him at all. 

19 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

The rest:
The Wall: Oh dear God, they WILL be slashing Jon and Sansa. Look at all the hand touching! Btw., Sansa feels like yet another personality now. How many does she still have in her?

Ha! Multiple personalities! That's it.

In the show none of the Stark children have any special skills/abilities except for Bran, who can "warg" into living beings. They leave out Arya's and Jon's "warging skills" completely - but now they finally show that there are other Starks with awesome prowess: Sansa has multiple personalities and can change her character ever so often!

Great. And also: empowering!

13 hours ago, Trinket2 said:

They should just have Ramsay kill everybody. Ramsay goes on a one-man killing spree, from Winterfell to the south, sweeping across Westeros, down and up until he reaches and claims the Iron Throne. The series ends with him feeding Dany's dragons to his dogs, drowning Tyrion in a barrel of wine and killing all the White Walkers in single combat, bare chested.

The end scene is Ramsay sitting on his throne in the Red Keep, smiling, the banner with the Flayed man flying in the wind, and snow falling over King's Landing. The end.

Come now.  I don't think there is any way Ramsay could do this on his own.  However, with the assistance of 20 good men he not only conquer all of Westeros, but Essos as well.

PS. I don't think I will ever get tired of any joke involving Ramsay and his 20 good men.  I know I should stop, but I can't help myself.

2 minutes ago, Jamie Lannister said:

Does it bother anyone else at how much of a toady Jaime has become? When, and more importantly why, did his story take this turn? They were on the right track until S5 -- driving the wedges between him and his family members, playing up his desire to do the right thing by the Stark girls even to House Lannister's detriment -- but this was all abruptly dropped and now he's just his sister's yes-man again. He's absolutely nowhere near the turning point in his story arc, the string of experiences that lead him to strive for a bit of personal redemption and eventually break away from Cersei. 

It bothers ME immensely - he is now downright insufferable and hateful. I think the Dornish air didn't become him  (or wearing Oberyns old clothes somehow ruined him) - but he is god awful - and I feel sorry for NCW who has to act out the nonsense D&D write for his character.

I think it all started going downhill at the end of season 4, when he forgot to mention the truth about Tysha while freeing his brother, who then in return should have told him the truth about Cersei (I sooooooo wanted to see that scene!!!:angry:). Or maybe it was when Cersei shamelessly seduced him again in the White Sword Tower after telling Tywin about all the incest.

Nope, it might already have been in that episode with the ridiculous "kung kung kung beetle smash" dialogue (which of course was stunning and briiiiiiiiiiilliantly written:D).

Anyhow, it makes me sad - and angry.:angry2:

33 minutes ago, Jamie Lannister said:

I know they haven't been kind to his character in the show (rape and kinslaying weren't additional sins he needed to bear), and his mangled corpse was one of many victims recovered from the Dorne train wreck, but until now it hasn't felt like they just don't have a plan for him at all. 

Yes they had his character taking several steps forward and then decided to go back all those steps and he's the Jaime from season 1 again. I gave up completely.

16 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

I think it all started going downhill at the end of season 4, when he forgot to mention the truth about Tysha while freeing his brother, who then in return should have told him the truth about Cersei (I sooooooo wanted to see that scene!!!:angry:). Or maybe it was when Cersei shamelessly seduced him again in the White Sword Tower after telling Tywin about all the incest.

Why oh why they didn't include that? It contributes to Tyrion's breakdown and shows Jaime's regrets over the awful things he's done and his path for atonement!
His charater is completely useless and empty now. I feel like they have no idea what to do with him. 

47 minutes ago, Jamie Lannister said:

I totally agree with this. They've 100% derailed Jaime and I don't see how he can get back on track. He's Cersei's lapdog, just as he was in season one.

I think I need to just make peace with show Dany being a magical fireproof unicorn. After this episode it's going to become canon to show people and no amount of 'but George says she isn't fireproof...' will help. I have to just let it go or it will drive me to distraction.

I loved Tormund eyeing Brienne. He seems like he would go for Brienne. I miss vulnerable Brienne.

The scene with Brienne, Davos and Mel irked me. He's only NOW asking about Stannis and Shireen? He absolutely dotes on Shireen, I can't believe he would just let it go after what Mel said (which was extremely vague). I know not much time has passed between their arrival, Jon dying, everything that happened in the aftermath and now, but Davos' reactions just seemed off. I would have thought he'd be pretty devastated.

The scene with Dany made me roll my eyes (not including the fireproof issue) because I feel like we've seen this scene a thousand times already

Archived