Queen Unburnt Rises Again...Yes there shall be SPOILERS

22 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

this started out as a discussion of the fire scene and where the show is heading for daenerys...specifically things like will she return to meereen or head straight for the west coast of essos in preparation of getting her ass to westeros...will she decide to flay tyrion living for fucking with her dragons...or will she decide to give him one...

then IT happened...

another love her / hate her debate was birthed like a shadow baby from some real bad pussy...

why don't we try something different for a change and discuss the action, events, and speculation about upcoming action and events

some of us hate her, some of us love her... move on, there is nothing to see here

:smoking:

Well you cherry picked my post and didn't address the parts where you knew you were wrong. Nice try.

i'll start....

i think that the 100,000, or so, dothraki will be willing to follow her unburnt self as long as they stay in essos but to get them to want to go to westeros, that is another issue...perhaps she will use the power of the dosh khaleen to influence the lower level captains who are left after the purge...

thoughts?

17 minutes ago, hallam said:

Who cares if Danny is a Mary Sue?

Is GoT a good read? If yes, that is all that matters. 

If GoT is a good read AND Danny is a Mary Sue, then maybe we should re-evaluate the idea of whether such characters are as bad as it is imagined. Isn't James Bond the original Mary Sue? Oh wait, Bond was based on Ian Flemming himself and the people he worked with in SOE during WWII.

As for expertise in multiple fields. It isn't exactly unusual. Go down to MIT and you will find people who are top notch musicians and at the top of their fields. 

As for being fireproof and riding dragons, well the first is arguably a necessary precondition to the second and the second is pretty much inevitable in any story that includes dragons.

my thoughts exactly... thanks

15 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Well you cherry picked my post and didn't address the poubts where you knew you were wrong. Nice try.

no clue what you mean...i did not quote you or make any points or address any doubts... i just politely (i hope) asked everyone to stay on topic...what do we think about the scene and where do we go from here...

18 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

1. She will absolutely return to Meereen.  100% certainty.

2. Tyrion will get his own dragon.  They may clash over his compromise.

3. There will be a huge battle, the Ironborn will show up in the nick of time with Dany Sue's fleet, some bandaid on how Meereen will survive in the future will be applied and all will sail to Westeros.

4. More people will die, maybe Grey Worm, Missy may be left in charge, Daario might die, I feel that Jorah will NOT die since he needs to infect Westeros or someone important with checkov's greyscale.

There, how's that.  

perfect...

:lmao:

11 hours ago, Neds Secret said:

I think they're referring to shadow babies in empowerment language or speak!

Right. Thanks.

11 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Is there a reason why you aren't understanding something so basic?

I honestly didn't know he was referring to the season 2's shadow baby. Is there something wrong with that? :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, Steelborn said:

Right. Thanks.

I honestly didn't know he was referring to the season 2's shadow baby. Is there something wrong with that? :rolleyes:

Well you were being snarky with the played out bad pussy line. How does bad pussy equate more to vagina babies then the actual you know...shadow baby born from a vagina.

34 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Well you were being snarky with the played out bad pussy line. How does bad pussy equate more to vagina babies then the actual you know...shadow baby born from a vagina.

Except nobody said babies. Given how the overall tone of term used is snarky AND bad pussy is still fresh on my mind unfortunately - there you have it. 

If you want to continue talking about vaginas with me, feel free to pm. Otherwise, cut me some slack and let's get back to Dany.

38 minutes ago, Steelborn said:

Except nobody said babies. Given how the overall tone of term used is snarky AND bad pussy is still fresh on my mind unfortunately - there you have it. 

If you want to continue talking about vaginas with me, feel free to pm. Otherwise, cut me some slack and let's get back to Dany.

Bad pussy was almost a year ago. They've won multiple awards for "Mother's Mercy". One of which is a writing Emmy. It's time to move on.

8 minutes ago, Elaena Targaryen said:

I want to know why Dany is fireproof, how does it help her going forward and what purpose will it serve in the future? 

For party tricks. 

If seriously, I think the fireproofiness has served her well already and it saved her life. At least on two major occasions. 

On 5/18/2016 at 10:06 PM, Vastet said:

I'd say you're right on that count, but I don't think the number of Khal's seemed too small. All the men in the building were the Kings of the Dothraki. It wouldn't make sense to have 40 of them.

They're not exactly Kings except the most powerful ones - a khal is just a leader of his khalasar, a warlord. Khlasars can be fairy small (Dany's ragtag group being referred to as such is more of a polite fiction, but the smallest ones would be probably just a couple of hundred people warriors + assorted people) or huge like Drogo's. Drogo's own khalasar splintered into a dozen smaller ones after his death - but none of these people are apparently at this meeting. And the meeting shouldn't be private in any case - all these people came here to witness the meeting of the khals - they don't want to be staring at a door. Even Dany eating a horse heart was a public event.

Khal Moro's bloodriders are present in that meeting as well, which makes the headcount even less impressive. With 2-3 bloodriders per khal, this great gathering of khals features  a grand total of maybe three or four of them. Not exactly something people would be excited about?

39 minutes ago, Elaena Targaryen said:

I want to know why Dany is fireproof, how does it help her going forward and what purpose will it serve in the future? 

I doubt Dany is actually fireproof. She may have used blood magic to make herself look like one. Before, it happened due to Dany burning Mirri that enable Dany to be immune to fire once. Now she used the Khals' blood for the same reason.

15 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

I doubt Dany is actually fireproof. She may have used blood magic to make herself look like one. Before, it happened due to Dany burning Mirri that enable Dany to be immune to fire once. Now she used the Khals' blood for the same reason.

She's fireproof. Are you watching the same show?

16 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

How did she know t was going to work? 

Does khal blood count as king's blood if they are just weak men?

2 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

She's fireproof. Are you watching the same show?

I have. I just offer a reason why I don't think she's fireproof. Take it a grain of salt if you want.

3 minutes ago, Maid So Fair said:

How did she know t was going to work? 

Does khal blood count as king's blood if they are just weak men?

She used Mirri's blood for the immunity. Mirri gave her the idea of the whole blood magic with this. Due to burning her which transfer her blood along with fire to give lifer to the dragons and allow Dany to be immune to fire for once.

And considering Mirri does not have King's blood, I think this applies for anyone in general.

1 minute ago, The Arthur Smith said:

I have. I just offer a reason why I don't think she's fireproof. Take it a grain of salt if you want.

She used Mirri's blood for the immunity. Mirri gave her the idea of the whole blood magic with this. Due to burning her which transfer her blood along with fire to give lifer to the dragons and allow Dany to be immune to fire for once.

And considering Mirri does not have King's blood, I think this applies for anyone in general.

Sure, but if her first try at dabbling with blood magic revealed anything it was that magic is a sword with no hilt and that your actions can have very unintended and serious consequences. It's unpredictable. It's not a zero sum game. She wanted to save Drogo and ended up killing her own child. Having learned her lesson the hard way, she should be hesitant to try again but the way it plays out she knows exactly what will happen - how?

"They're not exactly Kings except the most powerful ones - a khal is just a leader of his khalasar, a warlord."

A Khal is by definition a King. There is no higher status in Dothraki society.

"Khlasars can be fairy small (Dany's ragtag group being referred to as such is more of a polite fiction, but the smallest ones would be probably just a couple of hundred people warriors + assorted people) or huge like Drogo's."

Conjecture. It is most certainly true that not all Kalisaars are the same size, but we have absolutely nothing to determine how many there are.

"Drogo's own khalasar splintered into a dozen smaller ones after his death - but none of these people are apparently at this meeting. And the meeting shouldn't be private in any case - all these people came here to witness the meeting of the khals - they don't want to be staring at a door. Even Dany eating a horse heart was a public event."

Oh really? When was the last time you were invited to the UN? And how do I get an invite?

The Dothraki are there because their Khal's are there. Not because they are permitted any participation in the discussions.

And how do you know exactly what happened to Drogo's Kalisaar anyway? Are you a writer for the show? GRRM in disguise? Unless the answer to one of those questions is yes, you know nothing.

"Khal Moro's bloodriders are present in that meeting as well, which makes the headcount even less impressive. With 2-3 bloodriders per khal, this great gathering of khals features  a grand total of maybe three or four of them. Not exactly something people would be excited about?"

More conjecture. Those were all Khal's, not blood riders. Unless, again, you're a writer or GRRM in disguise.

On 5/16/2016 at 9:23 PM, Winter Blues said:

I have never been so intrigued by Dany's story--on the show or the books, but tonight was awesome! The entire episode was great, but I was NOT expecting her to end it so badass! I actually found myself cheering. 

Agreed.  Watching her be boring and ineffectual for such a long time, it was nice to see her get things done in spectacular fashion.  Her story has actually moved along at a pretty good clip so far this season.

3 hours ago, Elaena Targaryen said:

So they could provide a "realistic" way for a 120 woman to take out a room full of hardened warriors alone & unarmed.

3 hours ago, Elaena Targaryen said:

Because she is a true dragon. It's likely that other Targaryens also had this immunity, and some didn't liek Viserys.

2 hours ago, Maid So Fair said:

They're not exactly Kings except the most powerful ones - a khal is just a leader of his khalasar, a warlord.

Other than the Dosh Khaleen, Khals are the highest rank in Dothraki society. They do qualify as kings.

Khlasars can be fairy small (Dany's ragtag group being referred to as such is more of a polite fiction, but the smallest ones would be probably just a couple of hundred people warriors + assorted people) or huge like Drogo's. Drogo's own khalasar splintered into a dozen smaller ones after his death - but none of these people are apparently at this meeting.

Because they've been killed and absorbed into the khalasars of the 10 Khals that currently existed. 

And the meeting shouldn't be private in any case - all these people came here to witness the meeting of the khals - they don't want to be staring at a door. Even Dany eating a horse heart was a public event.

Dany eating a horse heart was different. This is a meeting between the Khals about what their plans are until the next meeting. 

Archived