Queen Unburnt Rises Again...Yes there shall be SPOILERS

I thought the temple went up in flames a bit too quickly. IMO Dany had been planning this for a while. She knew she would need to burn the place down while keeping the Khals inside, but it was only when Jorah and Daario showed up (and after she saw that at least one of the Dosh Khaleen might be sympathetic to her) that she thought she could pull it off.

Maybe she coated the place with something flammable. She clearly had someone bar the doors on the outside. I thinks that's why none of the Khals took action. They were already surprised that she was able to touch the braziers without showing any pain, and then when the temple started burning like crazy they became shocked.

But what I liked about this scene is that Dany needed help to escape, but she knew exactly what to do, and she also knew that she couldn't do it alone.

Plus I have to admit I'm a sucker for these "ultimate badass" moments.

2 hours ago, Faint said:

My take is that they needed to conserve the CGI budget. 

My thoughts exactly. I think it so-happens that D&D twist it into saying Dany wrecked shit up all by herself to hide the actual fact that they decided to write out a costly Drogon CGI budget. Does their current portrayal work? Sure. Do I think it would have been more effective to use Drogon, yes. 

It's wouldn't have been Drogon saves the day thing, it could have been written out to show that SHE controls this gigantic, fire-breathing dragon AND can survive fire! 

But it was easier on the budget and the special effects crew to have someone grabbing a flaming hot pyre and then CGI some flames around Dany.

11 minutes ago, Lord Jeffrey said:

I thought the temple went up in flames a bit too quickly. IMO Dany had been planning this for a while. She knew she would need to burn the place down while keeping the Khals inside, but it was only when Jorah and Daario showed up (and after she saw that at least one of the Dosh Khaleen might be sympathetic to her) that she thought she could pull it off.

Maybe she coated the place with something flammable. She clearly had someone bar the doors on the outside. I thinks that's why none of the Khals took action. They were already surprised that she was able to touch the braziers without showing any pain, and then when the temple started burning like crazy they became shocked.

But what I liked about this scene is that Dany needed help to escape, but she knew exactly what to do, and she also knew that she couldn't do it alone.

That place was made entirely of wood. The place was pretty flammable. And I don't think she'd planned it all already. Certainly not the mass slaughter. She lucked out there. If they hadn't come she could've done something else like pour the fire on to her or something like that.

13 minutes ago, Lord Jeffrey said:

Either Dany can control fire or Sir Friendzone and Super Darrio rigged the place up to burn quicker. The way she knew that last pyre would go straight for the door, every flame blocked the Dothraki's path.

If the Khals were going to die anyways, don't you think at least one of them would've just said 'Fuck it, I goin after this crazy white-haired witch'

I thought it was freaking awesome. She made a Drogo Pyre out of all the khals. Leave the diplomacy and politics to Tyrion, Dragon Queen. Your job is to change the world by burning down the parts you don't like. Get back to it.

Just now, RedEyedGhost said:

:lmao:  Do all of you "they did it for the cgi budget" people think that that scene was cheap?

Realistically, yes. A CGI scene with a dragon flying in lighting shit up PLUS Dany walking out of the fire unburnt, boobies and all, yeah I'd think that would've been more expensive :eek:

I'd love to be able to claim I saw it happen before it happened, but I cannot. I did think Dany was somehow going to become THE Khaleesi, and I did think she was going to do it without much or any help, but I didn't put the pieces together. Just as well. It wouldn't have been quite as entertaining.

3 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

yes to all of these remarks...i was happy to see her talk trash then follow it up herself...i also cheered

and i was extremely happy they didn't have jorah and daario just kill her a path out of the masses or drogon swoop in 

and i am convinced that she isn't fireproof because she is targ, she is fireproof because she is Azor Ahai

:smoking:

Totally agree, except I think she is Lightbringer, and I think Jon is AA. But it is definitely possible she could be AA.

Loved that scene. And I loved the SILENCE before Khal Hot Man laughed. Then she touched the brazier and....... badassery commenced. 

3 hours ago, Neolaina said:

I've long been a proponent that - even bookwise - Dany would basically be bringing back all of the Dothraki behind her. Like, all of 'em.

Of course, I'd also thought that Drogon would be the tool she'd use by which said power would be gained.

I can't express how happy I am to have been wrong about using Drogon.

1) Lightin' that somebitch hut up and watching her enemies burn's always a plus, but when...

2) She walks out of a god damn pyre, stark naked - which, bonus points for solid, tasteful use of nudity - I'll be god damned if that's not spine-tingling.

Twas a big ole' GG.

Thank you for summing it up perfectly. YES!

1 hour ago, jbob said:

That place was made entirely of wood. The place was pretty flammable. And I don't think she'd planned it all already. Certainly not the mass slaughter. She lucked out there. If they hadn't come she could've done something else like pour the fire on to her or something like that.

The floor wasn't, and the flames spread really quick there too.

6 minutes ago, Lord Jeffrey said:

The floor wasn't, and the flames spread really quick there too.

There was some kind of oil in it. Greek fire. Wildfire of some sort. Or who knows, maybe the was some kind of chemical on the floor. Alcohol from all the parties there. Some of kind of ceremony perfume or whatever.

Archived