Long time SanSan shipper now open to JonxSansa ship in the show

Hello, I'm a book reader who quit the show last season due to my frustrations with Sansa being thrown in to Jeyne's plot and the circumstances of Shireen's death (to be consistent, for a long time I've felt I wouldn't keep reading if George writes a rape scene for Sansa in the books).  After hearing what season 6 has done with Jaime's character arc in contrast to his character arc in AFFC (which I love, favorite thing about the books following ASOS) I felt comfortable continuing along with my decision to stay away from the show, however I heard that Jon and Sansa reunited tonight and I had to watch the scene.  I loved it.  In the books I'm a passionate SanSan shipper but so much of the crumbs that support that ship in the books aren't quite in the show, which has left me feeling like the show won't take that direction, even if GRRM is going there in the books.  Jon seems to have an affinity for redheads and Sansa always wanted a top-of-the-line prince.  Why not the prince that was promised?  Sounds like a great match to me.  Especially if R+L=J

I think, at least as far as the show goes, I am now a JonxSansa shipper.  With the books, I still like and ship SanSan but even strictly discussing the books I've had my doubts of that relationship ever coming to fruition.  So if George does this direction in the books, I will be satisfied.

That is all.  Just wanted to let you all know.  I'm sure you care.

What are we calling JonxSansa?  Jansa?  Jonsa?

I've have never been a fan of Sansa on the show. Too whiny and not enough Stark wolf's blood in her for me. But Sophie's/Sansa's chemistry with Jon/Kit was undeniable and she was amazing this episode.  Simply amazing. I hope they keep Jon and Sansa together for a while because I think Sophie's acting and Sansa's character are finally ready to take flight. And I'm ready to recognize her as a true Stark. 

I haven't picked up any erotic vibes either, only family warmth and wonderful friendship, heartwarming sibling banter.

But I am totally open to an erotic turn - which will  probably not happen before Jon is not established as her cousin instead of brother. Though maybe guilty looks and blushing......The chemistry of those two actors was great, sigh, these young actors have learned soooo much during the show!

Just watching that scene, it would be so difficult to pair Sophie with Kit given their respective heights. She is rather tall and that hug looked as almost as she was hugging younger, not older brother. They need someone taller for her ;)

I didn't get any sort of erotic vibes, nor do I see the point of it. 

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

I've have never been a fan of Sansa on the show. Too whiny and not enough Stark wolf's blood in her for me. But Sophie's/Sansa's chemistry with Jon/Kit was undeniable and she was amazing this episode.  Simply amazing. I hope they keep Jon and Sansa together for a while because I think Sophie's acting and Sansa's character are finally ready to take flight. And I'm ready to recognize her as a true Stark. 

If you count whining as "anti-Stark", what is Jon? If Sansa was the Queen of whining, Jon was its King. :)

And, just in case people forgot, she was born as a Stark, raised as Stark, she always remained a Stark. Regardless how much people hate her femininity or naivete or wrong choices she made, those simply are not enough to make anyone (not just Sansa) any less *insert any family name*

2 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Ewww

But George had written in a letter to his publisher back in the early 90s that Jon and Arya would fall in love until he changed the story.  I hope they don't go in that direction because incest is not okay or normal.

Ned Stark's parents were cousins 

there's a lot of incest in nobility, it's pretty normal of you want to stay true to medieval times 

3 hours ago, lidsa said:

JonxSansa in the show is a neat way of not spoiling JonxArya in the books.

I hope so! I'm a complete Jon/arya fan and pray to the gods it happens. The old and the new. With that being said, Sansas storyline would fit almost toooo well into the original arya character in terms of her love life. Married tyrion, who thinks of her as a child bride but yet when he leaves westeros in the books he still thinks of his wife (who I think isn't referring to Tysha, but his current wife, Sansa). Hinting to him actually loving and wanting her. Skip to her at the wall and them falling in love.. then there is a small story to be told about the rivalry between Jon and Tyrion. I don't know. Am I rambling? Everyone's posts on here are always so great it's intimidating to post something *submit reply* *sweaty hands* 

I can't see the romantic undertones and took the reunion as a broken girl finding a lost remnant of a time where things were much simpler and she must've wished she could return to. However, ship who you like. That's part of the fun.

I am team SanSan, all the way to the bitter end :cheers:

1 hour ago, Risto said:

Just watching that scene, it would be so difficult to pair Sophie with Kit given their respective heights. She is rather tall and that hug looked as almost as she was hugging younger, not older brother.

That's because he had lifted her off her feet, no?

Either way, the comments that there's zero romantic vibe between the two and 6000% familial are dead on. There's absolutely nothing there to ship. Less than nothing even.

Just now, Davrum said:

That's because he had lifted her off her feet, no?

No, Miss Turner is quite tall. In fact, she is taller than most of her male colleagues. In that scene, she actually had to lower her head and body so it would look as if she jumped into his arms like a younger sister.

1 hour ago, Risto said:

Just watching that scene, it would be so difficult to pair Sophie with Kit given their respective heights. She is rather tall and that hug looked as almost as she was hugging younger, not older brother. They need someone taller for her ;)

You are joking aren't you........ I hope so.

After all there are some famous movie romances - Rick and Ilsa from Casablanca being the most iconic - where the actors were even more different in height (male-female)  than Harington and Turner. Ingrid Bergman was as tall as Turner and Humphrey Bogart shorter than Harington!

Apart from Bogart marrying Lauren Bacall who was for sure one head taller than he was.

And your  approach would declare any romantic perspective for Brienne or Tyrion impossible, while their actors are in fact hugely sexy.

i think the height approach is as old fashioned as declaring gay relationships impossible, so I really hope I was  only too dense to get the joke.

26 minutes ago, Woman of War said:

After all there are some famous movie romances - Rick and Ilsa from Casablanca being the most iconic - where the actors were even more different in height (male-female)  than Harington and Turner.

The romance in Casablanca is not Ilsa/Rick, it's Ilsa/Laszlo. And in the film they definitely made sure that Ilsa always looked like she was shorter than Rick.

26 minutes ago, Woman of War said:

i think the height approach is as old fashioned as declaring gay relationships impossible, so I really hope I was  only too dense to get the joke.

I think he just meant Sandor.

40 minutes ago, Woman of War said:

You are joking aren't you........ I hope so.

After all there are some famous movie romances - Rick and Ilsa from Casablanca being the most iconic - where the actors were even more different in height (male-female)  than Harington and Turner. Ingrid Bergman was as tall as Turner and Humphrey Bogart shorter than Harington!

Apart from Bogart marrying Lauren Bacall who was for sure one head taller than he was.

And your  approach would declare any romantic perspective for Brienne or Tyrion impossible, while their actors are in fact hugely sexy.

So, you ship Brienne and Tyrion these days? Nice...

No, obviously I wasn't thinking seriously. The world is full of the examples of such pairings. Remember Tom and Nicole? It is just that the physical component of tonight's hug (little sister-big brother) was a bit lost due to Sophie's height. Like, in first season, we had Jon/Arya hug, how she cutely jumped and hugged him. I believe this was meant to evoke those feelings and it did to some extent. 

16 minutes ago, lidsa said:

I think he just meant Sandor.

One more reason why Sandor is perfect for Sansa :)

8 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

What the heck is all this "shipping" stuff? I see it all over this forum but never anywhere else  :unsure:

Westeros.org fandom loves its ships and we care for no one else :) 

I doubt the height difference is going to make a nickel's worth of difference if this is indeed the story that they want/need to tell.  From a production standpoint, barring a huge discrepancy in height,  the quality of the actors is more important. 

As for Jon/Sansa,  I've been thinking it since they sent Sansa to Winterfell in season 5.  I'm a little surprised that they dropped as many hints of this potentially developing initially out of a romantic pairing rather than a political one,   but a Jon/Sansa endgame has seemed like a good possibility to me for a while.  

Archived