Long time SanSan shipper now open to JonxSansa ship in the show

People see Jon and Sansa together on the screen at the same time and immediately start shipping. Good heavens! Let's wait a bit.

Although, I must admit, if I were writing this show, this is the point at which I would pair Jon up with someone. At least plant the seeds.

1 hour ago, WinterCloak said:

I can't see the romantic undertones and took the reunion as a broken girl finding a lost remnant of a time where things were much simpler and she must've wished she could return to. However, ship who you like. That's part of the fun.

I am team SanSan, all the way to the bitter end :cheers:

No, sorry @Robb_Warged. Not happening. I too am team SanSan all the way. The show has difficulty with showing meaning between people if they aren't in the same room with each other. But that doesn't mean that they haven't set it up, made Brienne have selective memory about "a man" that Arya was with. 

SanSan is a thing in the books. It's a thing in the show too. The show prioritizes boobs, guts and gruesome killing, along with their frat boy jokes. They've been using Sansa and Brienne has plot devices for some time now. 

But I will also say to the bitter end, SanSan will happen, and it will be sweet. 

I think it would be a terrible pairing. This was like their first interaction and spoken dialogue. It would just come out of no where. Jon has Arya whos supposed to be his beloved sister and the one who never leaves his thoughts. Sansa already has a protector and knight in Sandor.

55 minutes ago, Not a kneeler said:

People see Jon and Sansa together on the screen at the same time and immediately start shipping. Good heavens! Let's wait a bit.

Although, I must admit, if I were writing this show, this is the point at which I would pair Jon up with someone. At least plant the seeds.

Seeds planted tonight ;) 

I must admit the thought never entered my mind when I was watching the episode but after reading the suggestion afterwards, I can't unthink it now. To be fair though, it's never going to happen. Sansa needs to untangle herself from two marriages and Littlefinger. Politically, either Jon or Sansa can secure the North without necessarily marrying the other.

I'm just thankful we got a Stark reunion, I was certain we were going to have another near-miss. 

I'll add this from that other thread:

“It’s a fascinating thing, because … we’ve been watching these characters now for six seasons, and this is the first scene they’ve had together. Two of the most important characters in this show, and they’ve never been together on camera before. It just worked out … beautifully. And to learn where these two are gonna go with a relationship that really never meant too much to them before, but now means so much to them, because it’s all that they have.” 

“The idea that after all Jon and Sansa have been through, as characters,that they’re finally, that they’re finally able to put a foot back on solid ground … in terms of family, and someone with whom they have a bond that runs deeper than any other bond. It was a big moment for the two of them, and for us to see it played out. They’ve both suffered so much, and they’ve both been through so much, and it’s interesting to see the different directions which their individual sufferings have taken them.”

David and Dan's inside the episode comments. Talking about their bond that's deeper than anyone else and learning about where their relationship is going to go.

1 hour ago, bb1180 said:

As for Jon/Sansa,  I've been thinking it since they sent Sansa to Winterfell in season 5.  I'm a little surprised that they dropped as many hints of this potentially developing initially out of a romantic pairing rather than a political one,   but a Jon/Sansa endgame has seemed like a good possibility to me for a while.  

I don't get it. Where did anyone see anything else than two siblings being happy to be reunited again? This goes way over my head. But then, my reflexes are not fast.

1 minute ago, messem said:

I don't get it. Where did anyone see anything else than two siblings being happy to be reunited again? This goes way over my head. But then, my reflexes are not fast.

There were a number of things: the closeup of the handholding,  Sansa's need for Jon's forgiveness, and that she'd long thought about how she'd treated him,  emphasis on 'where do WE go',  and Sansa apparently wearing Jon's cloak from season 1 while they were alone talking in Jon's quarters.   Plus,  there were some things said by D&D in the inside-the-episode comments that seem to hint at a particularly deep bond forming between them.  

You're right, all of this is presented as just two siblings being happy to see each other.  And that may be all it is.   But it can also be interpreted as foreshadowing of something else developing down the road. We'll find out soon enough.  

5 minutes ago, bb1180 said:

There were a number of things: the closeup of the handholding,  Sansa's need for Jon's forgiveness, and that she'd long thought about how she'd treated him,  emphasis on 'where do WE go',  and Sansa apparently wearing Jon's cloak from season 1 while they were alone talking in Jon's quarters.   Plus,  there were some things said by D&D in the inside-the-episode comments that seem to hint at a particularly deep bond forming between them.  

You're right, all of this is presented as just two siblings being happy to see each other.  And that may be all it is.   But it can also be interpreted as foreshadowing of something else developing down the road. We'll find out soon enough.  

I agree. I don't really have an issue if they go that route,

17 minutes ago, messem said:

There is no such thing as siblings happy to be reunited again in the world of fandom. Or, more like in GoT 'siblings happy to be reunited again' mean a whole different thing than in our world. Now when Bran and Rickon are taller...

Also, people having bigger problem with the height issue than with the blood relation issue... :D

I'm not sure if incest is different in the UK to the US, but it R+L=J is true then this would NOT be incest the way I understand it. (Not that I'm a big shipper!)

Incest (in UK) is close blood relations, brothers/sisters, fathers/mothers but not first cousins.  It relates to relationships/marriages prohibited by law....in the UK there is no law against marrying your first cousin although it is fairly uncommon.  However, if this is against the law in the US then I can see the confusion. 

Anyway....all of this is irrelevant if Ned does turn out to be Jon's father, although I think that is highly unlikely. 

1 hour ago, the tower of albion said:

Just googled SanSan (WTF) Sandor & Sansa. Is that what it is? I was thought it meant a sandsnake and Sansa. 

Really? REALLY? There's more chance of A Dream Of Spring being released before The Winds Of Winter than that carbuncle or a relationship. EWWW.

Oh,  now you've done it. Our resident SanSans are going to descend upon you like a pack of hyenas. 

In their defense,  its definitely something GRRM has played around with in the books.  He even says as much in a few interviews.  But like you,  I have strong doubts that it materializes as an actual relationship,  but rather,  something that affects Sansa in some other way.  

Adoptees must love this kind of threads... they keep telling them they are not truly part of their family because only blood counts. Well, what, at least they have more people to fuck at their disposal.

Jon is Sansa's cousin, not her brother, because what do 13 years of believing they are siblings matter? Nothing, apparently. *shrugs*

7 minutes ago, lojzelote said:

Jon is Sansa's cousin, not her brother, because what do 13 years of believing they are siblings matter? Nothing, apparently. *shrugs*

More like 16 (?) and counting, they are not privy to L + R theories.

Just now, Tianzi said:

More like 16 (?) and counting, they are not privy to L + R theories.

Yeah, I just find it humorous how people say "but cousins are fair game!". But, sweet dears, Jon and Sansa aren't cousins, they are siblings.

I mean, do people really think that when a teenage boy finds out he was adopted he begins to lust for his sister or hot young mother because he's not really their brother/son? It makes zero sense.

Besides, I think Jonsa is BS, even on the show.

I remember how last year may people in the fandom were convinced that Sansa will uncover the mystery of R+L=J and tell Jon (and then they will fuck... at least this part remained the same). Their evidence? Sansa stading in front of Lyanna's statue.

9 minutes ago, lojzelote said:

Yeah, I just find it humorous how people say "but cousins are fair game!". But, sweet dears, Jon and Sansa aren't cousins, they are siblings.

I mean, do people really think that when a teenage boy finds out he was adopted he begins to lust for his sister or hot young mother because he's not really their brother/son? It makes zero sense.

Besides, I think Jonsa is BS, even on the show.

I remember how last year may people in the fandom were convinced that Sansa will uncover the mystery of R+L=J and tell Jon (and then they will fuck... at least this part remained the same). Their evidence? Sansa stading in front of Lyanna's statue.

Although it's technically not the incest that lots of people are shouting about (hence my previous post) I agree it would still be kind of weird for such a sudden change of heart.

However, I think Jon/Sansa has more potential on the show than Jon/Arya, purely because they are actually having scenes together!   It would also be marginally less weird in the books because at least they don't have quite the same brotherly/sisterly connection that Jon/Arya have. 

Personally it would be nice to see some strong female/male connections that don't involve sex/romance!

4 hours ago, Risto said:

Just watching that scene, it would be so difficult to pair Sophie with Kit given their respective heights. She is rather tall and that hug looked as almost as she was hugging younger, not older brother. They need someone taller for her ;)

I didn't get any sort of erotic vibes, nor do I see the point of it. 

If you count whining as "anti-Stark", what is Jon? If Sansa was the Queen of whining, Jon was its King. :)

And, just in case people forgot, she was born as a Stark, raised as Stark, she always remained a Stark. Regardless how much people hate her femininity or naivete or wrong choices she made, those simply are not enough to make anyone (not just Sansa) any less *insert any family name*

Yes, Jon has whined but he also has taken a stand and fought back. Like I would expect a wolf to do. Sansa has never fought back until this episode. Even her rescue at the hands of Brienne, she had to get Theon's permission or approval... And though she was born, raised, and remains a stark in name only, GRRM's original outline clearly listed Sansa as a turncoat and traitor who's actions and decisions got some of her family killed. So he initially portrayed her as anti-stark. Though that original premise has changed a lot, Sansa is nearly the only character in the entire series that has never stood up for herself or her family.  Even young, spoiled, and pampered Myrcella loves her family... I come from a family with a strong bond and I have a brother that has turned his back on us every time he meets a new friend or gets a new relationship.  They and their families become his family over us. And every time, they end up eventually casting him aside because they don't respect or trust a person who will turn their back on their own.  I still love him but I know I can't trust him. Yet we (his real family) always take him back. Though the act is wearing thin now.  Maybe that's why I've never liked Sansa's character. She reminds me of my fair weather brother. Not until this episode that is... Her connection with Jon showed me she's ready to be a true Stark by standing up and fighting for and beside her family. The rest of it and everybody that ain't team stark be damned. Welcome to the pack Sansa, and it's about damn time...  

Archived