Long time SanSan shipper now open to JonxSansa ship in the show

... Seriously why does almost everyone want Jon/Sansa to happen? Why? That scene was nice with good acting but at the same time there was something off about it. I think because Sophie and Kit have never had a scene together before, and then suddenly Sansa is this assertive person when she never really was. I do not see any " romantic chemistry" between them. 

Its going to be hard for me to watch Sansa anymore. They have changed her character too much IMO. And it'll be Jon/Arya or none of the sisters will get together with him. Even if it's a political marriage I still can't see Jon/Sansa happening. 

9 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Yes, Jon has whined but he also has taken a stand and fought back. Like I would expect a wolf to do.

Well, allow me to say you that fighting back during danger is just one of the reactions wolves express. Pulling back in front of stronger enemy (read: Sansa in KL, Jon with wildlings, Arya in Harrenhal). Expecting of Sansa to pick up the sword and cut through Lannisters is basically having unrealistic expectations from not only Sansa, but any human being. Sansa fought the only way she could. She fought to survive. She fought by being meekly, obedient creature, but at the same time never forgetting who she is, where she came from, what makes her stronger. 

Another story is well, expecting of humans to behave like wolves. Martin writes about humans, not animals and even though he uses metaphors, parallels, symbolism etc. at the end of the day, the Starks, just like others (remember how Illyrio offered to Tyrion to meet a real lion) are humans and they are bound by their nature.

GRRM's original outline clearly listed Sansa as a turncoat and traitor who's actions and decisions got some of her family killed. So he initially portrayed her as anti-stark. 

And we have 5 incredibly large tomes to make said outline, especially wrt Sansa, completely irrelevant.

Though that original premise has changed a lot, Sansa is nearly the only character in the entire series that has never stood up for herself or her family.  Even young, spoiled, and pampered Myrcella loves her family... 

1. Sansa pleading to Small Council for Ned

2. Sansa pleading to Joffrey in front of the court for Ned's life

3. Sansa manipulating Joffrey so he wouldn't beat her as often as he pleases.

4. Sansa remaining throughout the books loyal to her family - quotes about Robb and Catelyn, snow castle scene

5. Sansa standing up for Dontos

6. Sansa taking control of frightened women during Battle at Blackwater bay and calming them down

7. Sansa actively trying to escape from KL throughout two books.

I am sorry, but you really have no point here.

Her connection with Jon showed me she's ready to be a true Stark by standing up and fighting for and beside her family. 

She was a Stark since the moment she was born. There are no true and false Starks, just like there are no true or false *insert any family name, imaginary or not*

6 minutes ago, WolfQueenArya said:

... Seriously why does almost everyone want Jon/Sansa to happen? Why?

Almost everyone? A lot of people on this thread expressed their dislike of the idea. 

7 minutes ago, WolfQueenArya said:

Its going to be hard for me to watch Sansa anymore. They have changed her character too much IMO. And it'll be Jon/Arya or none of the sisters will get together with him. Even if it's a political marriage I still can't see Jon/Sansa happening. 

While I agree and I do think that entire season 5 arc was as stupid as you get, this season's Sansa is something Martin already told us to expect. He did refer to her as someone who is/can be as smart as LF.

13 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Yes, Jon has whined but he also has taken a stand and fought back. Like I would expect a wolf to do. Sansa has never fought back until this episode. Even her rescue at the hands of Brienne, she had to get Theon's permission or approval... And though she was born, raised, and remains a stark in name only, GRRM's original outline clearly listed Sansa as a turncoat and traitor who's actions and decisions got some of her family killed. So he initially portrayed her as anti-stark. Though that original premise has changed a lot, Sansa is nearly the only character in the entire series that has never stood up for herself or her family.  Even young, spoiled, and pampered Myrcella loves her family... I come from a family with a strong bond and I have a brother that has turned his back on us every time he meets a new friend or gets a new relationship.  They and their families become his family over us. And every time, they end up eventually casting him aside because they don't respect or trust a person who will turn their back on their own.  I still love him but I know I can't trust him. Yet we (his real family) always take him back. Though the act is wearing thin now.  Maybe that's why I've never liked Sansa's character. She reminds me of my fair weather brother. Not until this episode that is... Her connection with Jon showed me she's ready to be a true Stark by standing up and fighting for and beside her family. The rest of it and everybody that ain't team stark be damned. Welcome to the pack Sansa, and it's about damn time...  

...And after her indeed not so glorious S1, what was she supposed to do? Slay Joffrey, Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion, Meryn Trant, Tywin, LF and the rest and emerge from burning KL Daenerys style? Or at least slay Ramsay and Roose and have their heads on pikes in WF?

Why is Robb never getting any flake for being anti-Stark and not exchanging his sister for Jaime? (funnily, it's Catelyn who is seen as the bad guy there). And don't give me 'war and politics' when talking about the guy choosing a hot piece of ass over his kingly promises and aliances.

9 hours ago, Robb_Warged said:

Hello, I'm a book reader who quit the show last season due to my frustrations with Sansa being thrown in to Jeyne's plot and the circumstances of Shireen's death (to be consistent, for a long time I've felt I wouldn't keep reading if George writes a rape scene for Sansa in the books).  After hearing what season 6 has done with Jaime's character arc in contrast to his character arc in AFFC (which I love, favorite thing about the books following ASOS) I felt comfortable continuing along with my decision to stay away from the show, however I heard that Jon and Sansa reunited tonight and I had to watch the scene.  I loved it.  In the books I'm a passionate SanSan shipper but so much of the crumbs that support that ship in the books aren't quite in the show, which has left me feeling like the show won't take that direction, even if GRRM is going there in the books.  Jon seems to have an affinity for redheads and Sansa always wanted a top-of-the-line prince.  Why not the prince that was promised?  Sounds like a great match to me.  Especially if R+L=J

I think, at least as far as the show goes, I am now a JonxSansa shipper.  With the books, I still like and ship SanSan but even strictly discussing the books I've had my doubts of that relationship ever coming to fruition.  So if George does this direction in the books, I will be satisfied.

That is all.  Just wanted to let you all know.  I'm sure you care.

What are we calling JonxSansa?  Jansa?  Jonsa?

I know technically not brother and sister and the Lannisters would approve, but after growing up brother and sister? Too weird.

18 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Yes, Jon has whined but he also has taken a stand and fought back. Like I would expect a wolf to do. Sansa has never fought back until this episode. Even her rescue at the hands of Brienne, she had to get Theon's permission or approval... And though she was born, raised, and remains a stark in name only, GRRM's original outline clearly listed Sansa as a turncoat and traitor who's actions and decisions got some of her family killed. So he initially portrayed her as anti-stark. Though that original premise has changed a lot, Sansa is nearly the only character in the entire series that has never stood up for herself or her family.  Even young, spoiled, and pampered Myrcella loves her family... I come from a family with a strong bond and I have a brother that has turned his back on us every time he meets a new friend or gets a new relationship.  They and their families become his family over us. And every time, they end up eventually casting him aside because they don't respect or trust a person who will turn their back on their own.  I still love him but I know I can't trust him. Yet we (his real family) always take him back. Though the act is wearing thin now.  Maybe that's why I've never liked Sansa's character. She reminds me of my fair weather brother. Not until this episode that is... Her connection with Jon showed me she's ready to be a true Stark by standing up and fighting for and beside her family. The rest of it and everybody that ain't team stark be damned. Welcome to the pack Sansa, and it's about damn time...  

I don't think you're appreciating character growth. Sansa started as a silly little child, whose naivety got her father killed. Since then she had continued to be weak, but now she's becoming a woman and starting to demonstrate more of her mother's characteristics. She's growing, she changing as any good literary character should. It's one of GRRM's strengths and we're seeing a number of characters at mid-way points in their development - weak becoming strong, strong becoming weak, bad turning good, good turning bad. Maybe TV can't do that as well as a novel, but that's what we're seeing on TV too with the likes of her, Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Tommen, Brienne, Jamie and many others.

I'm not a "ew, incest" kind of person, but I still can't see Sansa and Jon as a couple - or at least a couple that would be interesting to me. I understand that there's literally no-one else alive or eligible on the show to ship Sansa with, so I get where other people are coming from. I'm not a hater, but I'm not convinced either. 

Even if being first cousins isn't already gross, they grew up together as brother and sister. Finding out that there is just a little more of a gap in their blood relation isn't going to make them change how they see each other. 

1 hour ago, LifeRuiner said:

I understand that there's literally no-one else alive or eligible on the show to ship Sansa with, so I get where other people are coming from. 

Hey!! What about Littlefinger?

2 hours ago, lojzelote said:

I remember how last year may people in the fandom were convinced that Sansa will uncover the mystery of R+L=J and tell Jon (and then they will fuck... at least this part remained the same). Their evidence? Sansa stading in front of Lyanna's statue.

Really? That's hilarious, even for our fandom. George pls release TWOW.

As for me, from where I'm from first cousins are eligible for getting married. So I'm okay from that angle. However, the thing is, Jon and Sansa don't know that. They were brought up as half brother and sister, but now they're considering themselves FULL brother and sister, IMO. And that bond is only going to get deeper. Even if they somehow miraculously find out R+L=J it would be extremely forced and somewhat unbelievable for a romance to happen between them.

But of course, if you think Jon is forever stuck to redheads nothing is going to dissuade you, is it? :P

13 minutes ago, messem said:

Old, psychotic, creepy, shorter (apparently a serious business), not actually related to Sansa, but can give off that incestous feel and, hey, he is her in-law!

Absolutely perfect by every GoT standard.

If you're stuck on Jon only hooking up with red-heads I can think of another one at the wall... & she is definitely DTF with Jon Starkgaryean. Only thing that stopped him a season or two back from boning down with Mel was his vows to the NW & we all know how he feels about those vows these days. I could see them trying some sex-magic to fight the WW.

BOOK STUFF:

SanSan is definitely set-up in the books but I'd rather see the hound as Lord Comander of Sansa & Tyrion's Kingsguard.

& before you call me crazy, think about how good of a ruling pair the two would make plus they're already married. 

8 minutes ago, Lord of Bongs said:

If you're stuck on Jon only hooking up with red-heads I can think of another one at the wall...

For a moment I thought you meant Tormund.

Btw., reading JonxSansa shipping threads yesterday really poisoned watching their reunion scene to me.

Oh, and I'm with 'Briennemund' all the way ;) Think of this strong offspring.

4 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

For a moment I thought you meant Tormund.

Btw., reading JonxSansa shipping threads yesterday really poisoned watching their reunion scene to me.

Oh, and I'm with 'Briennemund' all the way ;) Think of this strong offspring.

Har!

20 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Old, psychotic, creepy, shorter (apparently a serious business), not actually related to Sansa, but can give off that incestous feel and, hey, he is her in-law!

Absolutely perfect by every GoT standard.

All that,  plus the fact that he betrayed her father and was a major reason why she got to view Ned's head on a spike. 

12 hours ago, Robb_Warged said:

Hello, I'm a book reader who quit the show last season due to my frustrations with Sansa being thrown in to Jeyne's plot and the circumstances of Shireen's death (to be consistent, for a long time I've felt I wouldn't keep reading if George writes a rape scene for Sansa in the books).  After hearing what season 6 has done with Jaime's character arc in contrast to his character arc in AFFC (which I love, favorite thing about the books following ASOS) I felt comfortable continuing along with my decision to stay away from the show, however I heard that Jon and Sansa reunited tonight and I had to watch the scene.  I loved it.  In the books I'm a passionate SanSan shipper but so much of the crumbs that support that ship in the books aren't quite in the show, which has left me feeling like the show won't take that direction, even if GRRM is going there in the books.  Jon seems to have an affinity for redheads and Sansa always wanted a top-of-the-line prince.  Why not the prince that was promised?  Sounds like a great match to me.  Especially if R+L=J

I think, at least as far as the show goes, I am now a JonxSansa shipper.  With the books, I still like and ship SanSan but even strictly discussing the books I've had my doubts of that relationship ever coming to fruition.  So if George does this direction in the books, I will be satisfied.

That is all.  Just wanted to let you all know.  I'm sure you care.

What are we calling JonxSansa?  Jansa?  Jonsa?

You have been watching the show all along! Admit it :)

1 hour ago, messem said:

LOL! Probably not because a creepy guy who creeps on you because he had a crush on your mother isn't the stuff of anyone's dream ship.

32 minutes ago, Lord of Bongs said:

If you're stuck on Jon only hooking up with red-heads I can think of another one at the wall... & she is definitely DTF with Jon Starkgaryean. Only thing that stopped him a season or two back from boning down with Mel was his vows to the NW & we all know how he feels about those vows these days. I could see them trying some sex-magic to fight the WW.

BOOK STUFF:

SanSan is definitely set-up in the books but I'd rather see the hound as Lord Comander of Sansa & Tyrion's Kingsguard.

& before you call me crazy, think about how good of a ruling pair the two would make plus they're already married. 

Sandor can perhaps work for Sansa or try to protect her. Sansa has a teenage infatuation with the bad boy damaged persona type of Sandor. But I really dont see it happening in the book, it would be an absolutely terrible relationship. 

How would Sansa and Tyrion have any claim for the throne? And who would fight for them or back their to claim the throne?

Tyrion will always be a political player behind the throne, that is his role. I think it is interesting to note that Sansa might be heading in the same direction as Tyrion. It seems like she is going to support Jon as leader of the North. She has learned from Littlefinger, and he has always been a political player behind the throne. It almost seem as if they are both moving in a direction to become a hand of the King. 

I think we can perhaps start to see which directions characters are heading towards. Dany has always been the conqueror, she has the ability to really make people follow her. I could see Dany becoming an Empress of a few different countries, perhaps she will not remain in Westeros. They have unfortunately not explored Jon's leadership that well on the show, but Jon potentially makes for a good ruler/ King. He trains people in order to better defenses, he takes out a loan in order to feed people during the winter (I think he is only one who does something like this), he commissions building projects, and he listens and works on day to day problems. 

Of course they could also all be killed off at the end, but I dont know it seems like they are all slowly moving towards their predetermined directions.  These are the directions their characters have been working towards and gaining experience towards. 

As for Jon and Sansa, you cannot exclude it because of incest, GRRM was perfectly happy to make Arya and Jon a romantic pair, so there is no reason to exclude Jon and Sansa on the grounds of incest. The Sansa and Jon pairing has always been a possibility,  I think it is also currently the most favorite pairing in fanfiction, so people have seen this as a possibility for a very long time. 

I ve also seen it mentioned that the scenes between Jon and Sansa were similar to Ned and Catelyn. Where Catelyn wanted Ned to go South, and get involved with the politics in Kings Landing. Jon is now also dressed like a Stark, and his hair is similar to how Ned wore his hair. 

Anyways we'll have to see how this develops, it is still too early to judge. They are not my favorite pairing, but they are also not the worst. 

Please no more incest. In this episode I really couldn't see any romantic overtones between Jon and Sansa. Besides they are raised as brother and sister. For me at least it doesn't go with their characters to suddenly go from sibling relationship to oooh romance. They are not Jamie and Cersei or Targs. Sorry but I just don't see it. As for Jon/Arya, just, no. Even more so because of the books. They have one of the purest, strongest familial bonds in the series, why ruin that with romance? For me at least it is not a step forward in their relationship. Any relationship.

Archived