Osha a self-sacrifice as part of the GNC?

Theory ...

SmallJon Umber brings Osha, Rickon and a large wolf head to Winterfell, as part of the wider northern conspiracy/rebellion against the Boltons. It's a risk but with the Boltons having the upper hand it is viewed as a risk worth taking.  SmallJon's plan, agreed (reluctantly by Rickon) and the Manderleys etc. is to bring Osha and Rickon to Ramsey knowing that Ramsey will first butcher Osha before killing or torturing Rickon (that is his nature).  The inevitable butchery of Osha is the moment the plan is executed.  Not sure exactly how this will happen but as Osha is being killed, Rickon is being sprung, probably via Winterfell crypts.  SmallJon has written the pink letter (borrowed this idea from another thread, thanks) and this interweaves with the Osha/Rickon plan in that it has the possibility of achieving success and saving Rickon, too, whilst marching on Winterfell with Ramsey and Rickon inside seems to have very little chance of success and no chance of Rickon surviving.  This explains why any northern family would allow Rickon to be handed over - a small chance of victory at great odds seems quite Stark-like.

Rickon's escape draws Ramsey out of Winterfell, the fact he has lost two captive Starks makes him as mad as an otter and any semblance of strategy and the logical martial correctness of staying in Winterfell (already mentioned by Roose on the show) deserts him. Boom.  

1. Northerners are great

2. Ramsey's goose is cooked 

3. Jon and Sansa retake Winterfell and Rickon is not dog-meat

... a brief Winterfell party ensues (not sure how we get Arya or Bran an invite) before the battle for the dawn begins ... 

Come on D&D, you know you want to ...

Thoughts?

I think it was just that D&D had no further role for her so they killed her off? If you bring back Rickon, Osha is likely to come back or the viewers might wonder where she is. But they had nothing for her to do/hadn't included her in the story and they cannot think anything better to write other than kill her off. And obviously since we are not yet getting it, we should be very subtly reminded that Ramsay is a mean mean man. 

TV Osha had no role left in the show, so as sad as it was to see her killed of, I can understand why it was done.  She was a minor character who's sole role was to help Rickon escape Winterfell and now that he's back and captured, she serves no further purpose.  So why continue to pay for an actress to keep appearing when they serve nothing to the end game of the series?  

Killing her off was the right thing to do, and will just add a touch more fuel to the fire.

whilst that would be a lovely story i dont think it'll happen for that very reason

"If you think this has a happy ending... you haven't been paying attention."

in this scenario, Small Jon is an 'orrible little oik who has betrayed Rickon. I think its too much of a gamble to use Rickon that way to facilitate the GNC

I hope i am wrong

It's fairly clear Osha came in aiming to kill Ramsey. She never seemed to be considering whether she could legitimately seduce him and get favor. She was eying the knife from the outset. So she seems to have a pretty good understanding of Ramsey and her situation. And it flashed through my head that she may have been sent to WF specifically to kill Ramsey as part of a larger plan. 

I think we can say that her behavior was at least consistent with a person with a (very dangerous) plan to kill Ramsey. It may also just be consistent with Osha's general bad-as-ness. But the fact that she was sizing up how to kill him before it was clear she had no chance made me wonder if there's more going on. 

The main argument against that, of course, is that such a plan would be so incredibly reckless  and desperate it's hard to imagine why it would have been done or how it could work out. But, on the other hand, Rickon is probably the character most likely to institute a reckless plan of he has any say in the matter. 

12 minutes ago, dantares83 said:

there is no GNC

D&D can't come out with that kind of greatness

Plus it would be very difficult to convey with so few pov's. I'm only aware of the GNC through fan site blog posts. I would never of detected it - other than from the defiance of Wyman Manderly, (Who I genuinely believe is George writing himself into the book) and White Harbor.

30 minutes ago, SevasTra82 said:

TV Osha had no role left in the show, so as sad as it was to see her killed of, I can understand why it was done.  She was a minor character who's sole role was to help Rickon escape Winterfell and now that he's back and captured, she serves no further purpose.  So why continue to pay for an actress to keep appearing when they serve nothing to the end game of the series?  

Killing her off was the right thing to do, and will just add a touch more fuel to the fire.

Would have been better if we don't see her for a bunch of episodes but then we find out later Ramsay has been flaying her this whole time.

Honestly I don't think the show is that complicated.  The Umbers sold out the Starks, as did the Karstarks.  Sansa thinks the Stark loyalists will flock to Jon, and maybe the Manderlays, Mormonts and Crannogmen will, but there are those that won't.  I really believe if this was part of the great northern conspiracy they wouldn't have just handed Rickon over and subject him to torture or flaying.  

I am a firm believer in the GNC, and I don't want to repeat all of the evidence for and against it as previously mentioned both in this post and others.  So, I will present my own wrench to throw into the gears here.  What if Smalljon also wrote the "Pink Letter" as a way to entice Jon to march South? 

The North Remembers

5 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Honestly I don't think the show is that complicated.  The Umbers sold out the Starks, as did the Karstarks.  Sansa thinks the Stark loyalists will flock to Jon, and maybe the Manderlays, Mormonts and Crannogmen will, but there are those that won't.  I really believe if this was part of the great northern conspiracy they wouldn't have just handed Rickon over and subject him to torture or flaying.  

I think people tend to forget that the show and the books are separate.  As you said, the show really isn't that complicated.  They are not going spend valuable screen time on creating some large, complicated Northern conspiracy plot involving dozens of houses.  The show is streamlining things into a very simplistic storyline.  

The *only* twist I can see is the Umbers turning on the Boltons, and that is simply because there are already hints/clues of the Manderly plot from the book being weaved into the Umbers...so I can see an Umber double-cross (with them opening the gates of Winterfell to help Jon and Co. breach the castle), but outside of that, this is it. 

2 minutes ago, King Tyrion Targaryen said:

I am a firm believer in the GNC, and I don't want to repeat all of the evidence for and against it as previously mentioned both in this post and others.  So, I will present my own wrench to throw into the gears here.  What if Smalljon also wrote the "Pink Letter" as a way to entice Jon to march South? 

The North Remembers

This is EXACTLY what I think.  SmallJohn wrote the letter to entice Jon to march on Winterfell, in which SmallJohn will double-cross Ramsey and wind up helping Jon/Sansa.

Archived