Osha a self-sacrifice as part of the GNC?

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

I don't think Reed would know about any hidden proof down in the crypts... But even if he did, the show didn't seed this at all. Reed was barely mentioned before, and even this year it hasn't been established in any way that he would know about some potential hidden proof. And it really doesn't make sense to me that while the Smalljon would think trying to sneak into the crypts would get them killed, but delivering them to Ramsay with a bow tied around the package wouldn't? It was also never established that Rickon knows the secrets of Winterfell better than anyone else; in the books, that's Bran, but even that hasn't been established in the showverse. How could Rickon have been sure he would be able to escape? How could they know that Ramsay wouldn't kill Rickon immediately? Ramsay is a psycho mad dog, everyone knows this, and I think that for any character to make such a HUGE gamble, take such a HUGE risk with such a valuable asset is completely insane and illogical. But as you say, we'll see. 

Well, it would not be the first time the show made such a move, in sense of having something happen without forshadowing and preping the stage. Just a sudden twist. In this case, a double twist. Huge twist.

if they were cought sneaking, there is a high chance they would be killed on spot. If turned in by Umbers, Umbers have Ramsay's trust. Further, Ramsay never killed anyone important without planning it. But, important aspect here is that Umbers are in WF and able to help Rickon out.

We'll see.

1 minute ago, Magog said:

Well, it would not be the first time the show made such a move, in sense of having something happen without forshadowing and preping the stage. Just a sudden twist. In this case, a double twist. Huge twist.

if they were cought sneaking, there is a high chance they would be killed on spot. If turned in by Umbers, Umbers have Ramsay's trust. Further, Ramsay never killed anyone important without planning it. But, important aspect here is that Umbers are in WF and able to help Rickon out.

We'll see.

I absolutely agree that the fact it wasn't seeded or foreshadowed is not proof that the show wouldn't do it. Just the opposite, in fact, it's the only thing that makes this specific twist even remotely possible, imo. Because that's how they roll, they don't do foreshadowing and stuff well at all; it's either completely ignored so when it happens it's more shocking, or it's... Olly. 

Ramsay never killed anyone important without planning? What about Roose? There's also the fact that Ramsay is a known psycho, and psychos are unpredictable. So handing such a major asset to mad dog Ramsay is a huge, huge risk, and it seems like an extremely dumb plan imo. And there's no reason to believe that the Umbers will just stay in Winterfell. 

Killing Roose was planned. That Karstark knew it would happen, he was so calm. I think the only thing that could save Rolse was a dead child being born.

I guess they will go soon, but some could stay.

I would love to see a GNC revealed. I do think SJU not kneeling is significant.

But I think the fact that they just gave the last surviving male Stark (as far as they know) to Ramsay is more significant. Hard to see any logic in that.

As somebody above stated, we are all assuming that this won't be stupid in the end. There could be a GNC, but this is a dumb way to make it happen.

10 minutes ago, Magog said:

Killing Roose was planned. That Karstark knew it would happen, he was so calm. I think the only thing that could save Rolse was a dead child being born.

I guess they will go soon, but some could stay.

Well, Michael McElhatton has a different opinion, and I'll go with his take on it since he was there with the director and the other actors involved. 

TVLINE | Do you think Roose giving Ramsay the Bolton name emboldened him? Do you think the Ramsay of a few seasons ago would’ve been able to kill his father?

Well we kind of came to a decision when we were filming it that it really was a spur-of-the-moment thing. And the information that is given is that it’s a boy that had been born. Now if it had been a girl, I may still have been alive, because his position would not be threatened. But in the moment that we find out that Walda has given birth to a boy, for me, Ramsay is no longer needed. And for him, he knows that, and he strikes quicker than I do.

1 hour ago, The Dragon has three heads said:

"Bad pussy".

your argument is invalid.

Bad pussy was last season. I said this season.

Your argument is invalid.

And even so, people blow that line out of proportion. In fact, the episode with that line in it won a writing Emmy!

Oh and I'll leave you with "I am of the night!", or "where do whores go" repeatedly,  how about "fat pink mast", or diarrhea Dany?

22 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Bad pussy was last season. I said this season.

Your argument is invalid.

And even so, people blow that line out of proportion. In fact, the episode with that line in it won a writing Emmy!

Oh and I'll leave you with "I am of the night!", or "where do whores go" repeatedly,  how about "fat pink mast", or diarrhea Dany?

*just because it won an Emmy doesn't mean it's any good.

This season, last season. Forever. Dorne ruined for some "empowerment"? Pfffft

A women can be empowered without stabbing her relations in the chest.  And you're book bashing to cover for the show? Shhhhiit son! I've never EVER seen that before. 

The show is good in parts. Others it's far worse than shows like Black Sails and The last kingdom.

GOT suffers for narcism at times and it's quality control has slipped because of it.  Season one was a truly epic piece of TV, I only wish they could recapture that feel, as they expand the world and story, instead of stumbling from one 'main event'(or repeating them) to another. 

You want to empower a woman? Empower Sansa to lead the north in her own right, not defer to Jon, let Jon join HER, be HER man, HER sworn shield and allow the she wolf to take back winterfell.. 

And stay the fuck out of Dorne, because you fucked it.

Anyway.

23 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I absolutely agree that the fact it wasn't seeded or foreshadowed is not proof that the show wouldn't do it. Just the opposite, in fact, it's the only thing that makes this specific twist even remotely possible, imo. Because that's how they roll, they don't do foreshadowing and stuff well at all; it's either completely ignored so when it happens it's more shocking, or it's... Olly. 

Ramsay never killed anyone important without planning? What about Roose? There's also the fact that Ramsay is a known psycho, and psychos are unpredictable. So handing such a major asset to mad dog Ramsay is a huge, huge risk, and it seems like an extremely dumb plan imo. And there's no reason to believe that the Umbers will just stay in Winterfell. 

The Red wedding was heavily foreshadowed, heavily heavily. When Robb decided to break the Frey deal and not marry one of his daughters as agreed so that they could cross the bridge it was very clear that some bad shit was going to go down.

On 5/17/2016 at 9:25 AM, kissdbyfire said:

If that were the case, they could and should have given Ramsay a FAKE Rickon, there, no risk of having the actual heir and last surviving son (as far as they know) of Eddard Stark killed by the mad psycho they all know Ramsay to be. 

Exactly.  Fake!Rickon and a normal wolf's head, turn their cloaks against Ramsay during the inevitable confrontation with Sansa and Jon, then the big reveal:  Here are Rick and Shaggy, safe and sound.

I suppose it's too much to hope that "Rickon" is an expendable ally under a glamour, with Osha to provide credibility...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived