Cercei is walking into a trap ?

Cersei's thinking about this case has become very uptight.

I also think there's no reason the HS would tell Tommen a "secret" if he didn't think he would tell Cersei the moment he had the chance. I think he's just setting her up to fail.

I hope it's something like this. The other alternative seems to be Cersei setting a trap for Olena by baiting her to bring her army in to attack the faith and get Loras and/or Maergery killed, this basically ruining the Tyrells. Her having Kevan stand aside means the Lannisters can then wash their hands of any involvement or even attack the Tyrell and claim to be defending the faith. I don't see why Kevan would agree to that after, but this is show world where likely Cersei would be able to command the Lan army and City guard to her bidding.

I just don't see Olena being that stupid, even with her pride at stake. It'd be yet another character assassination and I'll be upset. Mainly because I could see blustery Mace falling for it, and It'd have been so easy to have him agree instead of Olena. I just hope it is a trap set by the HS or she is up to something or has some hand in what's happening.

The way it's going though I can see it being that the HS likely expected both houses to act because of Tommen and it'll back fire and be an easy way to start wrapping up and curtting the Tyrell stories for the end game meanwhile Cersei can be unopposed psycho queen of KL again :/

I had the feeling the HS was going to tell him who mummy and daddy really were, but then that would be odd as it would mean that the faith know the truth and are ignoring it. I imagine it was something like he's trying to get Tommen on his side so he gives him a talking to or offers up some special advice. It seems that Tommen, although he's young and naive is not a complete idiot and can see that his mum is bad news. I think he sees how right the HS is but just doesn't have the guts to go through with it yet.

I get the distinct impression the HS is trying to turn Tommen over to the side of the Faith so that he effectively gives up his own mother etc to them.

As for setting a trap for the Tyrells, hmmm, well telling them to  bring their entire army into the city is not going to end well if they want to kill off the heads of that house. I doubt the Lannister army can survive against the larger Tyrell force especially onces it's inside the city walls. Surely not even Carol is that dumb is she?

I agree it will inevitably end with more dead and further weakening of the general situation in westeros just as we are expecting a white walker invasion.At this point I doubt westeros is set up to survive even  a bad winter, never mind an invasion.  Cersei will outlive her children, it has been prophesied. So somewhen in the course of this Tommen is toast. Could be this series, with things going wrong at the sept or in the struggle afterwards.

The HS might be after a direct attack on him/the sept as an excuse for total revolt. It would be sensible in his world view to give tommen the chance to see if he can be trusted, and then when he proves otherwise to overthrow the lot of them.

Really we have no idea how GRRM planned this to go, so no guide at all. The Tyrells seem relatively untouched by destruction at this point, so they are overdue some destruction. As indeed are the Arryns currently being drawn into war in the north.

33 minutes ago, sandpiper said:

The Tyrells seem relatively untouched by destruction at this point, so they are overdue some destruction. 

I have a feeling that the Ironborn may come a knocking fairly soon, if we are indeed following vaguely where the books tread.

Sam is heading to Oldtown/Horn Hill, we've got the Tyrells seemingly in little danger, but we know what the Kingsmoot may mean based on the books.

Once the Ironborn land in the Reach then the Tyrells will high-tail it south to protect their homelands, leaving KL to fend for itself. Maybe Carol goes all "Mad King" and burns it to the ground?

If I had to guess i'd say Sam, Euron/Yara/Theon, the Citadel (possibly Faceless Men?) all merge together at some point into one plot. The Ironborn will stop off to raid Oldtown, the Maesters (Marwyn) want to go to Danny, the Ironborn want to go to Danny, the Maesters make a deal with the Ironborn, Sam ends up going with the Ironborn to Danny. Something like that wouldn't surprise me at all right now.

I had the same feeling. I think that the HS is out witting out manouvering the entire "small council". I bet the HS knew exactly that Tommen would tell it to Cersei.

I also have the feeling that poor Jamie and co. will fall flat on their face when confronting the HS with all those Tyrell soldiers. I am sure the HS has something up in his sleeve.

1 hour ago, watcher of the night said:

I had the same feeling. I think that the HS is out witting out manouvering the entire "small council". I bet the HS knew exactly that Tommen would tell it to Cersei.

I also have the feeling that poor Jamie and co. will fall flat on their face when confronting the HS with all those Tyrell soldiers. I am sure the HS has something up in his sleeve.

I completely agree. I like the HS - I want him to outsmart the bitch.

The way Marge was talking, it looks like she's decided that the only escape for her and her brother is to 'repent of their sins' and join the Faith Militant. That will take the wind out of the sails of the forces led by Jaime to liberate them, but it will also mean Marge giving up her marriage to Tommy, and no hope of a Tyrell heir.

I can see this leading to a humungous barney between Cercei and Olenna, because there needs to be an implosion in the KL power-struggle now that I think Dany is gathering her forces to take it.

3 hours ago, Kris370 said:

I hope it's something like this. The other alternative seems to be Cersei setting a trap for Olena by baiting her to bring her army in to attack the faith and get Loras and/or Maergery killed, this basically ruining the Tyrells. 

It's both (IMHO). Obviously, Cersei is crudely manipulating the Tyrells into self-destructing (it's a pity that it seems to be working). And she is being played like a fiddle by the High Sparrow.

Generally, I predict in this seasons wins and further wins for the bad guys (Cersei in KL, Ramsay Bolton in the North, Euron Crow's Eye in the west), which will go on until around episode 8, maybe even 9 of this season. Then their karma will catch up with them (Ramsay will die, Cersei probably not yet, but she will get broken again), big win for the forces of good, o frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Then in the last minutes of episode 10, the Wall goes down and the army of white walkers march south. Credits.

I felt really confused by the KL scenes this episode. My guess is:

It is a trap. But I don't know what HS hopes to achieve. He definitely said Tommen about Margaery doing the walk of shame because he knew that Tommen would tell Cersei. That's apparently lie or a trick imo, because Margaery didn't confess. So unless she would do the walk as a confirmation of her innocence (a wierd way to confirm it but ok), it doesn't make much sense to me. So maybe the scene between him and Margaery was to hurry up with Margaery's confession to have a reason to do the walk?

My best guess is that HS hopes that the Crown would try to stop the walk which he would later use to provoke an uprising against the Crown (the Crown doesn't respect the will of the gods etc) and he could seize the power and create a realm led by the church, not by kings.

Cersei might make a few complication if she manages to make the Tyrells attack without any involvement of the Lannisters (aka the king). That would mean that the king doesn't defy the will of the gods, only one family does. But considering the trailer, Jaime was there together with Mace Tyrell, so it probably won't happen without any Lannister.

3 hours ago, Kris370 said:

I hope it's something like this. The other alternative seems to be Cersei setting a trap for Olena by baiting her to bring her army in to attack the faith and get Loras and/or Maergery killed, this basically ruining the Tyrells. Her having Kevan stand aside means the Lannisters can then wash their hands of any involvement or even attack the Tyrell and claim to be defending the faith. I don't see why Kevan would agree to that after, but this is show world where likely Cersei would be able to command the Lan army and City guard to her bidding.

I just don't see Olena being that stupid, even with her pride at stake. It'd be yet another character assassination and I'll be upset. Mainly because I could see blustery Mace falling for it, and It'd have been so easy to have him agree instead of Olena. I just hope it is a trap set by the HS or she is up to something or has some hand in what's happening.

The way it's going though I can see it being that the HS likely expected both houses to act because of Tommen and it'll back fire and be an easy way to start wrapping up and curtting the Tyrell stories for the end game meanwhile Cersei can be unopposed psycho queen of KL again :/

This is probably how things will play out, although Ollena would never fall for such an obvious ploy. Cersei has to remind the Tyrells that they have an entire army outside the city walls? An army they never thought to use even when their only heir(Loras) was captured, brutally tortured, and will be most likely sentenced to death? This makes no sense unless they delayed so much to give Cersei time to hatch a ‘masterplan’.

At this point in time, Cersei has nothing to lose. Even if the people attack the soldiers, they are Tyrell, so she won’t lose much. She will take this chance to kill a couple people anyway. Kevan for starters, maybe Pycelle, and some birds to kill Loras and Marg. Or she might try to keep Marg hostage to keep the rest of the Tyrell in line. And she’ll succeed, because she’s the KL version of Ramsay. She can’t fail until the last moment.

I wonder what her line will be. Ellaria got weak, Dany got small. I think puny might work. Puny men will never rule KL again. Calling it right now.

EDIT: Forgot the fact that she believes to be smarter than everybody else. I think she'll use stupid instead of puny.

We didn't hear what HS told Tommen and what Tommen told Cersei. Cersei might have been as well be lying or witholding information from the Small Council, telling them what she needs to antagonize them to the Faith. For example: Marg is pregnant and Cersei wants the conflict quickly. Although I think it's HS who is emerging from this on the top, seeing how he is styled as the invincible villain this season.

1 hour ago, House Cambodia said:

I completely agree. I like the HS - I want him to outsmart the bitch.

The way Marge was talking, it looks like she's decided that the only escape for her and her brother is to 'repent of their sins' and join the Faith Militant. That will take the wind out of the sails of the forces led by Jaime to liberate them, but it will also mean Marge giving up her marriage to Tommy, and no hope of a Tyrell heir.

I can see this leading to a humungous barney between Cercei and Olenna, because there needs to be an implosion in the KL power-struggle now that I think Dany is gathering her forces to take it.

Not necessarily, if Marg/HS can convince Tommen to join with the Faith as well. I think the HS has already started laying the groundwork for that with his conversation with Tommen. If Tommen and Margery convert, I'm sure the HS will allow their marriage to stand, but Cersei will probably do everything she can to screw up those plans; she hates the Tyrells and Margery especially...she's only agreeing to work with them now because it serves her best interest(getting out of her trial).

Consider that whoever is pulling the strings, and with whatever motivation, Cersei and Jamie have just invited a very large army into the city. The Tyrells are allied with the Lannisters only for convenience. If Margery or Tommen die the alliance goes poof and Cersei has no more children to marry to Tyrells. And does anyone have any doubt Tommen is doomed?

Whether it's a HS trap or not, Cersei may have just made an enormous mistake. 

Peasants shouldn't stand a chance against the well armored Tyrell host. "Shouldn't" being the key word.

The High Sparrow might be in cahoots with the alchemist and is about to pour wildfire against that army while it's in constricted ground (narrow streets), but that's unlikely because Jaime is later seen at Riverrun. Or he might be trying to copy Che Guevara and incite a peasant revolt (doesn't work IRL). Or he's willing to sacrifice himself and the sparrows to have a excuse to kill Margery and Loras and cause a sucession crisis in the Reach.

8 hours ago, Lord Jeffrey said:

Cersei's thinking about this case has become very uptight.

I also think there's no reason the HS would tell Tommen a "secret" if he didn't think he would tell Cersei the moment he had the chance. I think he's just setting her up to fail.

That's fucking interesting, man!

Archived