Is the song Rhaegar sings at Harrenhall "Jennys song"?

Rhaegar sings a song at Harrenhall which makes Lyanna Stark and probably other people cry. If I'm correct he also sings a song at Casterly rock which makes Cersei Lannister and others cry. Could this song be "Jennys song"?

This song seems to be significant because it could outline what happened at Summerhall, while others have theorized that the prophecy of the Prince that was promised or the song of ice and fire is Jenny's song. 

I'm a believer of the theory that Rhaegar made the song for The Woods witch who I believe is now the ghost of high heart. I believe he made the song on one of his trips to summerhall. And maybe he went there to actually went there to spend time with the ghost and this is how he learned of thep prophecy

Certainly possible that he wrote it & that it contains the prophecy, its also possible that its the song he wrote & sang but not the 'song of ice and fire'. I have a crackpotty thought that Bael the Bard wrote tSoIaF..

I would be of the opinion the song of ice and fire is not an actual song, more of a metaphorical one.

It is however entirely possible that Rhaegar sang "Jenny's Song" and maybe even wrote it, although I doubt he met the Ghost of High Heart at Summerhall. Given her obvious trauma over the events that occurred there it is unlikely she returned after the tragedy. In fact Barristan thinks she died there so she probably disappeared completely. There are strong hints that Rhaegar learnt of TPTWP after reading of it in a book. He also corresponded with Aemon, who was also aware of the prophecy. It is possible Aemon met the woods witch but I doubt Rhaegar ever did. We will probably have to wait for later Dunk & Egg tales to fill in the blanks.

3 hours ago, Mick of House Guinness said:

I would be of the opinion the song of ice and fire is not an actual song, more of a metaphorical one.

It is however entirely possible that Rhaegar sang "Jenny's Song" and maybe even wrote it, although I doubt he met the Ghost of High Heart at Summerhall. Given her obvious trauma over the events that occurred there it is unlikely she returned after the tragedy. In fact Barristan thinks she died there so she probably disappeared completely. There are strong hints that Rhaegar learnt of TPTWP after reading of it in a book. He also corresponded with Aemon, who was also aware of the prophecy. It is possible Aemon met the woods witch but I doubt Rhaegar ever did. We will probably have to wait for later Dunk & Egg tales to fill in the blanks.

Oh I definitely agree that the song of ice and fire could be metaphorical just like the dance of dragons. But I was reading someones theory and they essentially said that its possible that the song of ice and fire could actually be Jenny's song, and that Jenny's song was about the tragedy of summerhall and why summerhall happened and about the prophecy. I quite liked that. 

As for Rhaegar never meeting the ghost of high heart. I feel that she could have returned there just because it haunted her and reminded her what she caused. I also think she could have foreseen Rhaegar being at summerhall for he was the Dragon born there. Aemon says Rhaegar read the prophecy somewhere but it doesn't mean Rhaegar told him the truth of it. He could have read it somewhere but then heard it. I just believe that Rhaegar wrote and sang Jenny's song for the ghost and that's why after all these years she still yearns to hear it 

6 hours ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

What does the Song of Ice and Fire mean? I never really understood. Does it mean a literal song, or what?

Can someone elaborate for me?

I think it's meant to a metaphor or even poetic just like the dance of dragons. But "Jenny's song" doesn't have an actual official name I think some people just know it as Jenny of oldstones, but what if the real name of that song is the song of ice and fire. I'll send you a link where this is all discussed 

17 hours ago, ThePrinceThatKnewNothing said:

Thanks man

11 hours ago, Damp Hair - The Prophet said:

I just know the tv show should have a flashback that finally shows Rhaegar & reveals him playing a sad version of the GoT theme song on his harp.  You're welcome HBO.

I just gotta say, your username and profile pic is awesome. 10/10 lmao

Archived