Little finger threatening Lord Royce

3legImp

9 hours ago, Pies are coming said:

For what we know of Littlefinger lands at the fingers in the books, they are hardly an inexpugnable fortress. You're telling me the Boltons can't send one ship with thirty soldiers to some forsaken, undefended, disheveled tower right next to the sea?

So, not only do these 20 good Bolton men reasonably land in the Fingers and kidnap Sansa without being seen by anyone, Royce immediately lacks any suspicion of Littlefinger (even only they only believed him about Lysa's death was because he had Sansa with him then), and is intimidated by him accusing Royce of betrayal with no evidence whatsoever. I mean, this convinces Robin, the child lord of the Vale who needs a regent, and doesn't have that much more authority than Royce. If Royce and Waynwood decide that Littlefinger is making this up and accusing lords of betrayal with no evidence, he could be deposed. But nope. they all believe him because reasons.

On 5/21/2016 at 5:35 AM, Valetudo said:

Lanniters sigil is the Lion. Manderlys is a merman,... so I suppose they're common at their houses too, lol

A castle they just sacked? Winterfell was sacked in season 2, approximately at the same time that Myrcella went to Dorne. You know, the girl who said that she stayed there "for years" last season.

But even if it was sacked yesterday, you realize that the point of displaying a dead man body in public is to send a message, right?

He executed the guy because he refused to pay his taxes, the point was to tell the other lords: "pay your taxes, or be flayed".

And you do realize that the small-folk at winterfell are not all Bolton's men (see random guy that Brienne asked for help at the nearby inn). I don't believe that seeing a flayed corpse is something they're that accustomed to see.

I also don't think the visual point of displaying a flayed man is "LOOK AT HOW BAD RAMSEY IS" either. 

• 3 months later...

I think that LF threatening Royce, and then lying about selling Sansa to the Boltons are all points that will lead to his demise. Even when he was addressing Robin he had a way out. LF did not give the order to mobilize the Vale army, Robin did and all LF did was deliver the message.

For those who dismiss Royce as some minor lord, you need to redefine the term of minor. The Royce's like the Karstarks have the bulk of the Vale forces. Remember when the Karstarks abandoned Robb, he lost half of his army. It would be the same if House Royce abandoned the Vale.

To my point, LF is falling victim to his own hubris as he garners more power. All of his mistakes taken by themselves are survivable. When you put them all together, well not so much.

Archived