Brienne with Jaime or Tormund?

i find that the tormund brienne awesome im usually not a shipper and really don't care if the ship sails or not, but it makes for a fun side plot.

tv tormund its a different animal from book tormund, i hope they include some of book tormund's sense of humor he had better dick jokes than tyrion.

6 hours ago, iceheart91 said:

As for Tormund, I'd imagine he'd probably tag along with Jon and Sansa when they go to Bear Island, so I'm assuming him and Brienne won't get to see much of each other until they meet again to fight for Winterfell. I REALLY hope both of them survive the battle, because I'd genuinely like to see what could happen between the two of them. Given how GoT refuses to let anyone have a happy ending though, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was killed.

geeezz,I can't believe my first reaction to reading this is NOOOOOOO!  I am so into the Brienne and Tormund idea that my first thought was  Hey! Bear Island's women are also very strong, burly, warrior women and then

Tormund is gong to fall in love with one of their women and forget all about Brienne after he convinces her that they should be together......NOOOOO!!!  and then I feel sad for Brienne's doomed love...

I think I need to get a life......

As cool as Brienne and Tormund might be, I don't see it happening. Brienne has got way to big of a cobb up her ass to ever tolerate someone as raunchy and rough around the edges as Tormund. We have seen from her love of Renly and Jamie that she likes the prissy pretty boys, not the rough unwashed barbarian type.

Its a fun idea but no, not happening. Besides, there aren't really any positive lasting relationships in the show (or book) is there anyway? Its not really what the series is about. There seems to be only broken relationships (where someone dies), bad relationships (where one is a psychopath) or sex-buddies. Or incestuous relationships. Romance and healthy relationships aren't GRRMs jam. 

On 17/5/2016 at 0:59 AM, iceheart91 said:

Let me first start off by saying I think Brienne alone is badass and I love that she's such a strong woman without the need of a man by her side. That being said, the hopeless romantic in me can't help but imagine a man for her. Ever since season 2, I have always just automatically paired her with Jaime simply because I believe they have a pretty rare, electrifying dynamic together. I have always loved the scenes they shared and do think that they both are in love with each other to some degree, whether they both admit to themselves or not. If someone had the capability of changing me and my way of thinking, especially if it was for the better,  how could I not love them? That's my way of looking at their relationship.

After Sunday's episode though, I really noticed that there was a pull for a Brienne/Tormund ship, and the more I think about it, the more I really like it. Tormund seems to be the first man that has a genuine interest in the woman part of her, if that makes sense. I mean, the way he just pinned her with that sultry stare during the PL scene was an obvious hint that he was enamored by her in some way. Jaime hasn't ever looked at her like that...at least, not yet.  

So, I guess my question is, who do you think wold be better for her and/or who do you think she should end up with, if she was to end up with anyone? I think, at this point, my answer if still with Jaime, but if he doesn't get his head out off his ass and stop effing around with Cersei, then I have to say Tormund will definitely surpass him. 

Any and all comments welcomed!

That depends. If I have in my mind the first seasons I totally want Jaime for Brienne. I wanted that then and  after reading the books, I wanted it more.

Then the show froze what should have happened after they said goodbye, and only Jaime remembers Brienne in one ocasion, but, at the same time, he becomes the puppet of Cersei, which has nothing to do with his POV story in the books after that goodbye scene.

Brienne's story is totally changed as well. In the books is undeniable she is in love with him (and we would think she was as well in the show considering what Cersei asks her in the Purple Wedding and Brienne's answer) but, for no apparent reason, she apparently forgets Jaime and becomes a cold fighter.

So, If I was new to the show and hadn't seen Brienne with Jaime before, I'd prefer Tormund for her. 

But considering the first seasons and my experience with their POVs in the books, I only hope Brienne to finally have something for Jaime; but not this Jaime, but the one we had in S3, S4 and in the ship watching Tarth. I want that Jaime back again and him meeting Brienne.

16 hours ago, Neds Secret said:

Show Jaime is a worthless joke of a character, Brienne would be better off with a Tree than show Jaime. Tormund is Worth a hundred show Jaime's and it would be far from the worst thing the D$nces have done!

Nay, Brienne is better off with Pod. Tormund doesn't have Pod's sex power.

3 hours ago, Net-Viper X said:

As cool as Brienne and Tormund might be, I don't see it happening. Brienne has got way to big of a cobb up her ass to ever tolerate someone as raunchy and rough around the edges as Tormund. We have seen from her love of Renly and Jamie that she likes the prissy pretty boys, not the rough unwashed barbarian type.

It's not happening. Sackheim said so.

3 minutes ago, Johnston said:

I wouldn't be surprised if in show Brienne Tormund replaces the Alys Karstark wedding. 

Jaime would be Cersei's champion.

And that will be the end of JB story,.

On 18/05/2016 at 1:23 AM, LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger said:

This.  Jaime needed Brienne to help him turn away from being a sister fucking shit head, and Brienne needed Jaime to realize that Renly wasn't the only man in the world that she could care about.  But they aren't right for each other in the long run.  They kind of emotionally used each other, but in a way that has positive results for each.  Now Tormund can appreciate everything about Brienne - her size, her power, her ability & desire to fight for what she believes in and her beauty.  She's a born wild woman and deserves someone like him.  I don't know if I want Jaime to end up with anyone,   

This. Well said.

a playful random scene may become a solid lovestory in a show thats living from its actors. if neither tormund nor brienne die this season, magic can happen. and even if one of them dies, tormunds passion for her is on par with ygritte and jon. so far we know that there is little space for love in this show, but i think if there was any its on torienne.

6 minutes ago, GilletteMace said:

a playful random scene may become a solid lovestory in a show thats living from its actors. if neither tormund nor brienne die this season, magic can happen. and even if one of them dies, tormunds passion for her is on par with ygritte and jon. so far we know that there is little space for love in this show, but i think if there was any its on torienne.

Brienne and Jaime have unfinished business. 

Archived