Bride of Fire: The Corpse with Bright Eyes is Daario Naharis

Lost Melnibonean

On 5/18/2016 at 10:55 AM, Lost Melnibonean said:

I have never been able to see the Daenerys-Victarion thing. 

Dany gets turned on by large, violent brutes. Victarion is the Drogo of the sea: he is EXACTLY her type.

On 5/19/2016 at 9:03 AM, Lost Melnibonean said:

If marriage is the element and not love, how can you exclude Hizdahr? If marriage and love are both elements, doesn't Daenerys need to fall in love with Euron for him to fulfill the elements of the vision? 

It's children IMO. She doesn't have to LOVE Euron, she just has to bear him a child.

On 5/18/2016 at 3:04 PM, LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse said:

Victarion is a Greyjoy... grey lips smiling

I always figured this as well. Grey joy = sad joy.

In general, we are only half way through the series and this Aeron chapter has huge clues in it. I don't think the bright blue eyes has to be from someone we have already met, but who is to come. Aeron made note that he was being strapped to the prow of the ship (because he cannot stand) and that the lashings were made of leather which would tighten in the salt water. I suspect that means Aeron will die, "claimed" by the drowned god which makes he greyjoy lips smile sadly, and possibly Euron does something to turn Aeron into a wight of some sort. (Oily black stone???) He is collecting all types of religious figures and he does have both a blood sacrifice and person with "king's" blood ready to sacrifice in his unborn baby being carried by Falia.

On 5/22/2016 at 8:45 AM, norwaywolf123 said:

Bittersteals sigil had a fiery stallion. Coincidence?

Targaryen+Blackfyre/Bittersteal?

I think so ;), especially when we also have lines like this, "From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire." Shadow fire = Blackfyre

I think equating Victarion to Drogo, or even Daario, is a rather facile analogy.  Both of Dany's lovers exude confidence, something Victarion clearly lacks when it comes to women, for obvious reasons.

I think whoever it is, they will die on the way to Westeros. I don't see why Daario couldn't come down with something (pale mare) on one of the ships. He goes to a quarantined ship away from Dany, but she sees him standing on the prow...smiling at her, pale (grey) from sickness, his eyes gleaming, tying to put on a good face as he dies...

Damn, imagine how that would affect her right as shes about to start off her conquest. 

9 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

It's children IMO. She doesn't have to LOVE Euron, she just has to bear him a child.

Ah, ok... So, if Drogo/Rhaego were one, and Euron/Euro will be another, which is the last? Hizdahr/Miscarriage at the end of Dance? Jon/Jono? 

2 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Ah, ok... So, if Drogo/Rhaego were one, and Euron/Euro will be another, which is the last? Hizdahr/Miscarriage at the end of Dance? Jon/Jono? 

IMO, there was no miscarriage with Hizdahr. Her three children will be with Drogo, A Greyjoy (still unsure which) and Jon.

45 minutes ago, Damon_Tor said:

IMO, there was no miscarriage with Hizdahr. Her three children will be with Drogo, A Greyjoy (still unsure which) and Jon.

Very reasonable. What do think was going with Daenerys at the end of Dance? Just the burnin' squirting with a touch of dysentery? 

Well I think GRRM wants us to know she's menstruating again.

Very reasonable. What do think was going with Daenerys at the end of Dance? Just the burnin' squirting with a touch of dysentery? 

They already introduced a major illness to the story, the bloody flux, and the symptoms match. I don't see any reason to read more into it than that.

16 minutes ago, Damon_Tor said:

Well I think GRRM wants us to know she's menstruating again.

They already introduced a major illness to the story, the bloody flux, and the symptoms match. I don't see any reason to read more into it than that.

I agree with this at least. 

Just read that Aeron chapter again and thought of your theory.  I disagree that the chapter puts a dent in Daario being the guy from the vision.  Now that we know Euron likes to strap people to the prow of ships, we have a good idea what he would probably do to Daario if he gets his hands on him imo.   

I remember some foreshadowing that pointed towards Dany being attacked by a Kraken as she crossed the Narrow Sea.  I used to think it was symbolic of Victarion, but now that we know Euron is heading her way I think it is about him.  

There are dangers at sea as well...The next storm could sink or scatter us, a kraken could pull us under

Jorah talking to Dany in ASOS

The chapter in ASOS where Arya crosses the river with Sandor looks like it foreshadows the same thing for Dany's journey across the sea. Copying another poster's analysis of it here:

When Arya and Sandor cross the trident they use a ferry called 'the two headed water horse' (it's a wooden boat with a horse head at each end and a hut with a fire in the middle), cost of passage is three dragons and part of the way across they need to fend off an uprooted tree that Arya thinks looks like a kraken. It's just before the red wedding if anyone wants to read the chapter, and it's a very short chapter.

When Sandor describes the ferry Arya reflects that she's never heard of a horse that can run on water - an echo of Ned: 'I'll fear the Dothraki when they teach their horses to run on water'.

I'd be interested if amyone thinks Arya/Dany/Dothraki on a boat vs a kraken/ironborn is a possibility?

-by LSB

So, basically I think Euron will attack Dany as she crosses the Narrow Sea, which will provide the opportunity for him to strap her lover to the prow of his ship, thus fulfilling the HOTU vision.  I'm still on board with your Daario theory even if you ain't  ;)    

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping because I found another line during a reread that made me think of this theory.

Lord Celtigar had many fine wines that now I am not tasting, a sea eagle he had trained to fly from the wrist, and a magic horn to summon krakens from the deep. Very useful such a horn would be, to pull down Tyroshi and other vexing creatures.

A kraken taking down a Tyroshi; couldn't help but think of Daario.  :D  

On 5/18/2016 at 10:26 AM, Lost Melnibonean said:

The corpse and the dead face would be the foreshadowing of Daario's. Standing in the prow of the ship suggests that his death will occur at sea, or perhaps Daenerys will recall her love when she sees a similar figurehead on whatever ship she uses to cross the Narrow Sea. The grey lips suggest that he might die of greyscale. 

This is quite interesting. The corpse could also be JonCon, Vic, and Aemon 

• 5 months later...

Hmm... It seems there is one more extremely intriguing character with bright eyes, well one of 'em anyway...

The torches along the walls were burning bright, and so was he, blue lips, blue eye, and all. 

Euron’s smiling eye was bright with mockery. “Or do I ask too much of you? It is a fearsome thing to sail beyond Valyria."

The Reaver, Feast 29

• 1 month later...

I've read of eyes being "fever bright." So anybody's eyes could potentially get bright if they were sick. Are the wight's eyes described as bright?

I came across a passage that might be of interest here during research for my Daario theory about Dany dreaming about Hizdhar... 

Beneath her coverlets she tossed and turned, dreaming that Hizdahr was kissing her … but his lips were blue and bruised, and when he thrust himself inside her, his manhood was cold as ice.

Sounds more like Euron with the blue lips, but a wighted Hizdhar would also work. I didn't write down which chapter but it's from ADWD. Of course it could just indicate that Hizdhar isn't going to live very long.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I believe Dany did have a miscarriage. Pregnant women are advised not to use hot tubs or take very hot showers or baths. I think the heat from dragons can be dangerous for pregnancies, and Aenys I was weak as a baby because his mother wouldn't stay away from her dragon while carrying him. Rhaenys rode the most of the three siblings so taking nine months off would have been difficult for her even if she knew there was a risk involved. This works nicely with Dany's three mounts: the silver "to bed" with Drogo, Drogon "to dread" in all kinds of situations, and a third which is not Drogno because she won't be able to ride him while pregnant (which means Drogo doesn't have to die. YAY!) so "to love" can then be love for her child, whether she loves the father or not.

Given that she'll get Drogo back when she bears a living child (which can pretty much only mean she dies in childbirth and is thus reunited with him) I don't think she'll be having three children unless she manages triplets. And there's no history of triplets in the Targaryen family.

20 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I've read of eyes being "fever bright." So anybody's eyes could potentially get bright if they were sick. Are the wight's eyes described as bright?

I came across a passage that might be of interest here during research for my Daario theory about Dany dreaming about Hizdhar... 

Sounds more like Euron with the blue lips, but a wighted Hizdhar would also work. I didn't write down which chapter but it's from ADWD. Of course it could just indicate that Hizdhar isn't going to live very long.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I believe Dany did have a miscarriage. Pregnant women are advised not to use hot tubs or take very hot showers or baths. I think the heat from dragons can be dangerous for pregnancies, and Aenys I was weak as a baby because his mother wouldn't stay away from her dragon while carrying him. Rhaenys rode the most of the three siblings so taking nine months off would have been difficult for her even if she knew there was a risk involved. This works nicely with Dany's three mounts: the silver "to bed" with Drogo, Drogon "to dread" in all kinds of situations, and a third which is not Drogno because she won't be able to ride him while pregnant (which means Drogo doesn't have to die. YAY!) so "to love" can then be love for her child, whether she loves the father or not.

Given that she'll get Drogo back when she bears a living child (which can pretty much only mean she dies in childbirth and is thus reunited with him) I don't think she'll be having three children unless she manages triplets. And there's no history of triplets in the Targaryen family.

As to the three mounts she must ride, "one to bed and one dread and one to love," most of us suspect the first is her silver with Drogo to the grassy place beside a small stream, and that the second is Drogo’s namesake Drogon. Well, you know what? The third one just might be the smoky stallion Daenerys will ride to join her sun-and-stars in the Night Lands. 

Archived