Scott Lynch's THORN OF EMBERLAIN

Werthead

16 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So, I’m re-reading LoLL.  Why would Locke agree to go to Raven’s Reach with the Salvaras in the first place.  He knows they know he’s running a con because he told them he was.  Shouldn’t he have been suspicious that something was up when Don Salvara claimed to be tapped out?  Wasn’t that a huge tell?  Didn’t the GB’s thoughly research their target before starting their game?

Wouldn't part of the reason be that Locke *really* wants to check out Raven's Reach? It's too exclusive an offer to pass up.

4 minutes ago, The Wedge said:

Wouldn't part of the reason be that Locke *really* wants to check out Raven's Reach? It's too exclusive an offer to pass up.

Not if it ends up with him in the Palace of Patience.  Perhaps this can be chalked up to his instincts being very poor in that particular context.  His arrogance getting the better of him.

3 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Not if it ends up with him in the Palace of Patience.  Perhaps this can be chalked up to his instincts being very poor in that particular context.  His arrogance getting the better of him.

This is not an isolated case with Locke. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Scott has been talking on his Twitter feed about ToE, confirming that:

There's a new gay character in the book and he's keen on not messing up his characterisation.

He is also massively open and honest here about what happens when he's finishing and editing a book and the stress and anxiety which it puts him under (he states it is far worse than when he was a firefighter in actual hazardous situations). It explains a lot about why his estimates for finishing the book seem to go out the window as he gets closer and closer to the end.

18 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Scott has been talking on his Twitter feed about ToE, confirming that:

Hide contents

There's a new gay character in the book and he's keen on not messing up his characterisation.

He is also massively open and honest here about what happens when he's finishing and editing a book and the stress and anxiety which it puts him under (he states it is far worse than when he was a firefighter in actual hazardous situations). It explains a lot about why his estimates for finishing the book seem to go out the window as he gets closer and closer to the end.

Thank you for sharing.  That makes a lot of sense.

Mr. Lynch, 

If you happen to peruse this thread I love your work and hope your situation improves.  I’m looking forward to TToE. 

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 0:10 PM, Vaughn said:

Poor guy, those mental health challenges sound brutal. 

Eagerly awaiting ToE on any particular time frame that works out. I still think it will come out before Winds of Winter or the Rofhfuss book. 

Sadly, I do too.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah pretty sure that is humor.

Humor based around an admission ToE ain’t seeing the light of day anytime soon.

"This is shit and I should just delete this entire manuscript and go live in the middle of a remote desert,"

What part of that makes you think he will be publishing a book anytime soon? :stunned: 

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

"This is shit and I should just delete this entire manuscript and go live in the middle of a remote desert,"

What part of that makes you think he will be publishing a book anytime soon? :stunned: 

What makes you think he doesn't work on more than one manuscript at a time?

1 minute ago, Darth Richard II said:

What makes you think he doesn't work on more than one manuscript at a time?

Just not the vibe I’ve gotten from him over the years as he talks openly about his battle with anxiety and his unhappiness with his work.

Archived