Scott Lynch's THORN OF EMBERLAIN

Werthead

I always thought he worked on more than one, I thought book five was actually partially written? Or I may be thinking of when he had to change the ending in 3 because of something in 4?

I dunno I'm grumpy this week. At least he isn't hosting D&D podcasts and playing Overwatch.

8 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah pretty sure that is humor.

8 hours ago, Rhom said:

Humor based around an admission ToE ain’t seeing the light of day anytime soon.

I don't think it has anything to do with his progress, but is a jab at another author who caused some drama in the Romance writer's community. 

Some relatively unknown Romance writer trademarked the word "cocky" and is now threatnening other writers who use it in the title of their books with a lawsuit. https://the-digital-reader.com/2018/05/05/cockygate-faleena-hopkins-has-registered-a-trademark-on-cocky-and-is-using-it-to-threaten-other-romance-authors/

Here is also a twitterthread explaining  the issue: 

Scott's twee reads like he is making fun of this by claiming he will trademark a phrase that pretty much every writer uses at some point. 

1 hour ago, Queen of Procrastination said:

I don't think it has anything to do with his progress, but is a jab at another author who caused some drama in the Romance writer's community. 

Some relatively unknown Romance writer trademarked the word "cocky" and is now threatnening other writers who use it in the title of their books with a lawsuit. https://the-digital-reader.com/2018/05/05/cockygate-faleena-hopkins-has-registered-a-trademark-on-cocky-and-is-using-it-to-threaten-other-romance-authors/

Here is also a twitterthread explaining  the issue: 

Scott's twee reads like he is making fun of this by claiming he will trademark a phrase that pretty much every writer uses at some point. 

I’m not in on the inner workings of the writers guild or Romance novels in general, so it makes more sense now.

• 3 months later...

http://scottlynch78.tumblr.com/post/176922517743/in-the-stacks-notes-new-release-updates

Other fun plans include the reinvigoration of my mailing list and a late September / early October rollout of a major website makeover.

Now why, you may ask yourself, is a writer who’s been in a frustrating shell for a while dealing with a long-term project suddenly busting his ass to spruce up his communications, online presence, neglected responsibilities, etc. in the next month or two? Heh. Interesting question.

3 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Is he working on this in lieu of The Thorn of Emberlain?

I suspect he has decided to - or been advised to - work on easier, smaller projects in order to build a sense of achievement and momentum for the project that he is struggling to complete.  I think it unlikely that he is able to complete multiple projects at the same time. 

Glad to hear he's feeling better. Keeping my fingers crossed he sorts his problems out and can get back to "normal" life as soon as possible. If that happens to include Thorn of Emberlain (and more Gentleman Bastards books) being published that would be great. If not, we'll find some other books to read. We can always enjoy rereading currently published Gentleman Bastards books.

http://scottlynch78.tumblr.com/post/177173871718/any-update-regarding-the-thorn-of-emberlain

Anonymous asked: Any update regarding the thorn of emberlain?

I don’t have any updates I can give at this time, sorry. I get a lot of these, and I wanted to at least answer one. This is the only answer I can give for now.

37 minutes ago, Jussi said:

That's not a good thing in my estimation.  TLoLL was a fantastic, quick read.  TRoT on the other hand was much longer and really dragged along.

Do I recall correctly that Scott has said that he will only have flashbacks in the odd numbered books?

17 hours ago, Rhom said:

That's not a good thing in my estimation.  TLoLL was a fantastic, quick read.  TRoT on the other hand was much longer and really dragged along.

Do I recall correctly that Scott has said that he will only have flashbacks in the odd numbered books?

Yes, but he is adding a couple more major characters, with their own pov.

Archived