The Winds Of Winter?

Is this episode going to follow last season and name their 9th episode after one of the books in ASOIAF? Ostensibly, this episode is going to focus almost entirerly on the Battle Of The Bastards and Jon retaking Winterfell and killing Ramsay. I could also see them naming it "The Prince Who Was Promised" or something related to the prophecies. Or if the Others show up, if they don't go with the Winds Of Winter, perhaps "Nightfall" or "Winterfall" (Winterfell?).

Any other ideas?

13 hours ago, Marada78 said:

Maybe it will be the title for episode 10, assuming the cliffhanger for this season will be the WW breaking the wall.

Do you think it will be like a moses job - big crack and then a gap appears & they walk through? Or is the whole thing going to crumble....? Or the zombies just pile all up on top of each other to reach the top like in World War Z?

1 hour ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

Do you think it will be like a moses job - big crack and then a gap appears & they walk through? Or is the whole thing going to crumble....? Or the zombies just pile all up on top of each other to reach the top like in World War Z?

In last season's Hardhomme episode, they just poured off the cliff and bum rushed the gates. I would imagine they do the same thing. Maybe their divine wind zombifies some of the NW who then open the gates.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

It could be due to the use of the real horn of Joramun, but who knows?

15 minutes ago, chasing the dragons said:

In last season's Hardhomme episode, they just poured off the cliff and bum rushed the gates. I would imagine they do the same thing. Maybe their divine wind zombifies some of the NW who then open the gates.

I've always wondered how the Others are supposed to breach the Wall and threaten Westeros. The "divine wind" theory makes as much sense as any other, although I think the Wall is too tall for the wind to come to the other side. But I like the synergy with the title I suggested. :P

Heres a crackpot theory I just thought of. The Starks of old formed a pact with the white walkers to end the last long night.  The Starks would give their 3rd son to the Others who would become the next nights King. Benjen reneged on the deal. Lol. He's actually Daario Naharis or the tattered prince or someone in the sellsword companies. The white walkers are coming for that promised 3rd son. So this sets up the wild and potentially turned Cannibal (in the books anyway) Rickon to be the gift that will call them off. Talk about crackpot fanfic...  Lol. 

43 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Heres a crackpot theory I just thought of. The Starks of old formed a pact with the white walkers to end the last long night.  The Starks would give their 3rd son to the Others who would become the next nights King. Benjen reneged on the deal. Lol. He's actually Daario Naharis or the tattered prince or someone in the sellsword companies. The white walkers are coming for that promised 3rd son. So this sets up the wild and potentially turned Cannibal (in the books anyway) Rickon to be the gift that will call them off. Talk about crackpot fanfic...  Lol. 

Half of this will crumble in episode five :-)

My theory, that will also crumble soon, is basically that the wall was created by WW to protect themselves from humans that are way too much in numbers and were expecially dangerous in the past when the magic was strong. In the past they managed to escape annihilation creating the wall and escaping far north. Now they gathered sufficient forces to retaliate.

On 2016-05-20 at 9:53 PM, chasing the dragons said:

Nah. Gates are for kids, such as wildlings. White walkers cannot pass the Wall because of it's magic, not because it is high and wide. I do not remember if this was mentioned in the show somehow, but books are quite clear on it. So WW need something to destroy Wall's magic.

31 minutes ago, TheSmallOther said:

Nah. Gates are for kids, such as wildlings. White walkers cannot pass the Wall because of it's magic, not because it is high and wide. I do not remember if this was mentioned in the show somehow, but books are quite clear on it. So WW need something to destroy Wall's magic.

Bran's mark ?

5 hours ago, GeorgeIAF said:

Bran's mark ?

Defintely Bran's mark would let the Others breach the Wall - IF Bran himself goes south. It said so in ep 5.

So either Bran's in permanent exile north of the Wall now, or he has to learn more/ work out something/ stumble on something - about the NK to nullify the mark.

On May 22, 2016 at 4:01 AM, Smoke317 said:

I would prefer this theory.

Archived