Pictionary XXXI - Summer Days, Drifting Away! - REPLACEMENTS NEEDED, PLEASE SIGN UP

HexMachina

You should all now have a sentence to draw. If you do not please let me know by PM. Your deadline is 17/06/2016 12:00 BST.

Also, big thank you to Stoned Heart, because she has put up with several mess ups by me and still been speedy to get them sorted.

I've had computer problems.

My motherboard blew up.    (well one of the chips kinda exploded, but no real blowing up Hollywood style)

I've a new motherboard and working PC now,  I'm just running linux not windows since MS want more money.  

this means I'm having learning curve issues and need to set up a few things.  I will send a Picture today.  I may have to emial it if I can't upload.  we shall see.  Got to work out how to draw it yet.

Edit  Drawing sent

1 minute ago, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

I thought it was like 12 rounds or something.

It cannot be more rounds than players because that would mean everybody gets the same chain more than once, which would make the reveal waaaay less exciting.

In our case, there can be 9 rounds (5 sentences + 4 drawings) top. I drew two, and was replaced for one, which means there have been three drawing rounds already. Which makes me think there should be one more.

However, Helena is free to cut the game short if she feels so.

4 hours ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

It cannot be more rounds than players because that would mean everybody gets the same chain more than once, which would make the reveal waaaay less exciting.

In our case, there can be 9 rounds (5 sentences + 4 drawings) top. I drew two, and was replaced for one, which means there have been three drawing rounds already. Which makes me think there should be one more.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I forgot there were only so many players and you are correct, Helena can administrate however she wants.

5 hours ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

You're correct, actually, that there is more than one round left. I was speaking from memory and hadn't checked my word doc

Thats just not good enough BB.   No shock probes for you.

I've had an idea about maybe the next game.   Something a little different that could go really wrong.

Pictionary - Captions.

So instead of sentences describing the Pictures.  We write a Caption for the picture, then the next person has to draw a picture that would fit the caption.

We would start with captions.

For exarmple   "Percy the pig no longer thinks he was lucky after Dave rescued him from the abattoirs."

Which might result is someone drawing  something like

or it might lead to something NSFW?

Well there is a slight difference.  An abattoir is a slaughter house.

So its implied in that sentence/caption that Percy things whatever Dave has in store from him is worse than being turned into sausages.   But the drawer would not have to draw a slaughter house or Dave rescuing him, only needs to show the situation Percy is in now.

You wouldn't get sentences like   "2 men drink beer while German swans fly overhead and dogfight against spitfires."   - thats a description not a caption.

A caption might be   "Farage tells George that even the Luftwaffe (I think that’s what they are called) are not what they once used to be."

It means using a little more imagination, but I think it could work.

ok this has been an unbelievable cluster fuck and for some reason a 4 gig photo card will not accept a 400K photo as it exceeds memory...so i will be home tomorrow night i have my pic ready but can't get it to yall til i get home...

probe away pebs i could use the pleasant distraction...

:smoking:

Archived