[No Spoilers] EP606 Discussion

Ran

Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the show begins airing.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the episode was that impressive. Obviously it was interesting to see the flashbacks and finally see coldhands but i was waiting for something amazing to happen. I imagine we will be waiting until around episode 8 for the big bombshell as per. I don't think that i'm going to be a fan of the faith/crown storyline. 

Dany needs to get over to Westeros ASAP; it's been dragging on too long he messing about in Mareen etc. 

I agree. The last episodes were kind of slow, not the boom boom boom from other seasons (maybe to buy time and allow GRRM more time for writing? ;)) but I always thought the show could have spent a bit more time on characters and background rather than developing the plot so quickly, so I don't mind.

I think this episode was a nice built up though, especially in the North. So Sansa wants to attack Ramsey and counts on the Tully men Littlefinger promised. But these men will now be besieged in Riverrun by Jamie so probably won't be of any help. Not good for Sansa.... Will Brianne meet Jamie there?

And if the captured Lord Edmure as well as Blackfish happen to be killed, who will make a claim to lead house Tully? Sansa vs Baelish/Robin?

Also the new development in King's Landing is interesting. Is the faith/crown relationship real? Or is it just a charade? In the last episode it was obvious that Margaery just faked her belief and penance and now she was relieved about escaping the walk. Maybe it was not the High Sparrow who outplayed Cersei/Jamie but actually Margaery (and Tommen) outplaying everyone?

But my favourite scenes were the one with Arya. I was right for a change again, she's not no-one and I'm glad. She kept her values and identity - and now decided in favour of them and against being a killer. I like it and I'm very much looking forward to her storyline.

Edited by valirpaz

On 5/31/2016 at 9:19 AM, sharding85 said:

Dany needs to get over to Westeros ASAP; it's been dragging on too long he messing about in Mareen etc. 

This, so much!

Her scene ruined what was a pretty good episode. Where did Drogon come from? How come she can all of a sudden control it? The last 6 episodes have been about rescuing her because of that very fact. It was just full of unanswered questions and rushed if you ask me.

I haven't read the books so don't know if she's more interesting in those, but I think she's consistently had one of the more boring story lines throughout the TV show. I was hoping the addition of Tyrion and Varys would have made it more interesting but instead it has split an boring story line into two and made me not care about one of my previously favourite characters (Tyrion).

1 hour ago, Phil17 said:

This, so much!

Her scene ruined what was a pretty good episode. Where did Drogon come from? How come she can all of a sudden control it? The last 6 episodes have been about rescuing her because of that very fact. It was just full of unanswered questions and rushed if you ask me.

I haven't read the books so don't know if she's more interesting in those, but I think she's consistently had one of the more boring story lines throughout the TV show. I was hoping the addition of Tyrion and Varys would have made it more interesting but instead it has split an boring story line into two and made me not care about one of my previously favourite characters (Tyrion).

Totally agree.  It was like a cheerleader at a pep rally.  How come she is the only one who knew Drogon was there? He's not exactly stealth.

The first season was amazing when she stepped out of the fire.  At the dosh khaleen it was less spectacular, and now this little speech was just a big yawn.  I am ready for Tyrion to get a chance to ride one of the dragons now.    I wonder if they come with cupholders?