Ran

Just now, CrypticWeirwood said:

Edd's line of “Don't knock it down while I’m gone” to Jon sure seems like that means he will, doesn’t it now?  I wonder whether Edd will be at the top when that happens.

This! We know the WW's attack before the end of the season, and I don't think Jon is going back.

20 minutes ago, Tooms said:

Anyone know what 3ER was showing Bran when it all went down at the end... What was the point of all that? Was it a young Ned being sent to the Vale? What was so important about that moment that 3ER had to show Bran? Or was it just that the 3ER knows what happened in the past, he knew Bran had to be there for it to go down? Argh!

14 minutes ago, Dudu42 said:

I'm asking myself exactly that. All I saw was what I believe Richard talking to Ned. Why that momment holds such fundamental role I have no idea.

He went back to a "happy" time.

9 minutes ago, Fez said:

I also think we haven't seen the last of the 3ER either. I think somehow Bran will continue to see him through the Greensight somehow; whatever the Greensight version of a Force Ghost is.

Definitely. 

The only question is whether Bran will only find Bloodraven in the weirnet, or whether Bran is carrying Bloodraven’s spirit as Bloodraven's "second life".

Just now, Darkstream said:

I fear, if you read the books and think that is all they are to the story, you've missed out on some of the most beautiful parts of the books.

Not sure where you got that impression? Clearly the books stand on their own and there is a reason the direwolves exist. Yes, I remember GRRM stating that when he originally thought up the first fragments of the story he got the image in his head of the Stark children chancing upon their direwolves. So yeah, they're kind of a big deal. Notice how I said strictly speaking? Down to bare plot essentials(which is what the show is concerned with) what point do they have going forward? 

I'm merely saying that people should really lower their expectations(especially for the show), as this could be an unfortunate sign that the direwolves may be nearing the end of their road in the books too. Sorry, but it's true.

Edited by Fredwin

Just now, CrypticWeirwood said:

Definitely. 

The only question is whether Bran will only find Bloodraven in the weirnet, or whether Bran is carrying Bloodraven’s spirit as Bloodraven's "second life".

According to "inside the episode" Bran can now control what he sees.

1 hour ago, PirateVergo said:

If they kill Ghost I'm dropping this show.

Btw you can bet we're not gonna get the Tower of Joy scene now that Bran is out of this mess.

Just because he left the tree doesn't mean he no longer has his powers.  He was greenseeing long before he made it to the cave.

6 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Edd's line of “Don't knock it down while I’m gone” to Jon sure seems like that means he will, doesn’t it now?  I wonder whether Edd will be at the top when that happens.

ships only sink when I'm on them, question is, will he go down with it?

13 minutes ago, Fredwin said:

Not sure where you got that impression? Clearly the books stand on their own and there is a reason the direwolves exist. Yes, I remember GRRM stating that when he originally thought up the first fragments of the story he got the image in his head of the Stark children chancing upon their direwolves. So yeah, they're kind of a big deal. Notice how I said strictly speaking? Down to bare plot essentials(which is what the show is concerned with) what point do they have going forward? 

I'm merely saying that people should really lower their expectations(especially for the show), as this could be an unfortunate sign that the direwolves may be nearing the end of their road in the books too. Sorry, but it's true.

Fair enough. my apologies.

1 minute ago, Lady Kitty Heartless said:

All puppies must die.

I need to see one of them munching on Ramsay...but really, enough already. I really felt that the DW's fates were tied to they respective masters...So is Bran "dead"? Bahhh

And the penis wart? Why? Cause we only see lady parts all the time?

Other than that, very good show. Hodor's death...gut wrenching. 

1 minute ago, Tinker Tanner said:

So how did Hodor hear Meera? I thought at first Bran War...skin changed into (past) Hodor but Brans eyes didn't go white when Hodor's did. Did (past) Hodor do that by himself? It's not clear to me what happened. 

They locked eyes which caused him to go into a seizure and, well , we saw the rest. The reason may be that since Bran was already in a dream, Hodor saw a vision, thus...I can't quite articulate it. A dream, within a dream kinda shit.

2 hours ago, Lord Jeffrey said:

Yup, that's a penis. Butters would not approve.

I don't understand why it was at all necessary to show the young man's penis close up - he was not even a minor character; and he and his appendages were insignificant in terms of the episode and the story.  Useless and gratuitous.  

4 minutes ago, Tinker Tanner said:

So how did Hodor hear Meera? I thought at first Bran War...skin changed into (past) Hodor but Brans eyes didn't go white when Hodor's did. Did (past) Hodor do that by himself? It's not clear to me what happened. 

I was confused by this as well. I'm assuming that somehow he heard her through his future self? (because Bran had warged into him while also being in the past?)

1 minute ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I don't understand why it was at all necessary to show the young man's penis close up - he was not even a minor character; and he and his appendages were insignificant in terms of the episode and the story.  Useless and gratuitous.  

I'm sure to appease the people complaining about alot of female nudity. Cause, it was absolutely useless. 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

This really needs to be said. Bran and Meera completely fucked up this guys entire life.

It's a time paradox....so I guess it wasn't ever avoidable. Methinks this won't be the last time Bran does this.