Ran

1 hour ago, Lord Jeffrey said:

Hodor hodor hodor, hodor (hodor hodor) hodor...

Hodor hodor. Hodor, hodor hodor.

Hodor as derivative English.  Sounds like stuff I heard growing up.  I was hoping for some explanation of the name other than the obvious.  Why did he have to die?  

It was good to see Jon smile.  Is Sansa playing the GoT with Jon?  Is she planning on using him to take power?  LF is a creepy and devious guy.  I still don't understand him.

I'm tired of seeing Arya get beaten.  The Facelesss Men seem about as honorable as the KW and that isn't a high a standard.

I liked the Red Priestess.  She may have turned Varys into a believer.  I wonder if she knows about Jon?

There is no way the Stark family could have existed for 8,000 years.  The just aren't bright enough.  Bran could have asked more questions before he decided to interact with the projections he enters.

Just now, Dracarys Snow said:

I'm sure to appease the people complaining about alot of female nudity. Cause, it was absolutely useless. 

But it was so obviously useless.  If the young man had been stripping to change his clothes and they showed it; that at least would have made some sense in the context of the scene.  Or if he had been having sex with one of the actresses.  But just to move the camera in while the kid was complaining about warts - pointless.

24 minutes ago, sj4iy said:

Just because he left the tree doesn't mean he no longer has his powers.  He was greenseeing long before he made it to the cave.

We'll still get more visions, all he needs is weirwood trees to link to.

6 minutes ago, Tinker Tanner said:

So how did Hodor hear Meera? I thought at first Bran War...skin changed into (past) Hodor but Brans eyes didn't go white when Hodor's did. Did (past) Hodor do that by himself? It's not clear to me what happened. 

I think Hodor somehow got connected to the weirwood net through Bran warging into him? I assumed Meera trying to wake Bran may have stirred him a bit or the 3ER allowed Bran to come out of it a little. IDK, it was a very confusing scene; watched it twice and I'm still trying to make sense of it.

3 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

But it was so obviously useless.  If the young man had been stripping to change his clothes and they showed it; that at least would have made some sense in the context of the scene.  Or if he had been having sex with one of the actresses.  But just to move the camera in while the kid was complaining about warts - pointless.

I'm not saying that I agree, It's the only think that makes sense. I can see it: "So much female nudity, blah blah" Showrunners; "Let's have a close up of a diseased penis. They'll shut up"

2 minutes ago, Dracarys Snow said:

Right? Just...sacrificed him. 

Worse. His entire life was subverted so he could sacrifice himself to hold a door and die for Bran. And to add insult to injury that little prick made him carry him around everywhere.

No Stark has deserved to die more than this little punk.

7 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

It's this season's running gag. They've had a cock joke every episode thus far. Hell, I even wondered what cock joke they were going to use this episode, I never thought they would show a close up of an actual cock for the joke.

Edited by Ludo Kressh

Just now, lancerman said:

Worse. His entire life was subverted so he could sacrifice himself to hold a door and die for Bran. And to add insult to injury that little prick made him carry him around everywhere.

No Stark has deserved to die more than this little punk.

Yeah, that`s on him. Just cause he couldn't sit still. No pun intended. I bet he's gonna try and change things,

1 minute ago, Ludo Kressh said:

It's this season's running gag. They've had a cock joke every episode this far. Hell, I even wondered what cock joke they were going to use, I never thought they would show a close up of an actual cock for the joke.

Ahhh...totally missed that. So, next episode? Flashback to what happened to Theon?

14 minutes ago, Tinker Tanner said:

So how did Hodor hear Meera? I thought at first Bran War...skin changed into (past) Hodor but Brans eyes didn't go white when Hodor's did. Did (past) Hodor do that by himself? It's not clear to me what happened. 

So my husband and I have been talking about this for the past two hours.  I think when Meera tried to wake Bran and he heard her through the vision he then warged into present day Hodor and past day Hodor got warged into to too.  Does this make sense?  Then because they were linked, past day Hodor could hear Meera yelling at present day Hodor.  What makes me most upset is the thought that for the next 30 years Hodor was absolutely traumatized and he knew what was going to happen to him.  Then he had to live all those years with the Stark kids making fun of him, knowing the entire time that he would die because of them. I am also terrified to think of him showing up with blue eyes. 

I'm rewatching Bran's vision of the White Walkers/wights.  He went into vision mode on his own because he was bored and couldn't awaken Bloodraven to take him on another guided tour.  

So I blame Bloodraven for starting this mess.  He's supposed to be teaching Bran about warging and greenseeing.  Bran's a smart kid; and a strong talent; but he's still a kid who's only been doing directed time-travel vision-trips for a few months, a year at most; and Bloodraven has been doing it for decades.  Why didn't Bloodraven advise Bran not to go on his own, and if he saw the Night's King in a vision, to wake up before the NK could touch him?

Bran is now up the proverbial creek with no paddle and thousands of wights chasing him.

54 minutes ago, Fez said:

I think it was just that the 3ER somehow knew the future, and knew that Bran needed to be near Hodor in the past so that he could be 'Hodor-ized.'

I also think we haven't seen the last of the 3ER either. I think somehow Bran will continue to see him through the Greensight somehow; whatever the Greensight version of a Force Ghost is.

That makes some sense.

But now that I think about it, it seems to me Hodor was fated to get Hodorized wether Bran witnessed it or not.

The reason, I believe, was to show Bran that it could happen. It was a bombastic piece of info that I didn't focus when watching (Didn't digest those deaths easily man). The extent of his visions, they can reach the past. How huge is that? Bran might be one of the most important characters in this story afterall. Which is great, he was one of my favorites since first season.

Just now, Nymeria Pao said:

So my husband and I have been talking about this for the past two hours.  I think when Meera tried to wake Bran and he heard her through the vision he then warged into present day Hodor and past day Hodor got warged into to too.  Does this make sense?  Then because they were linked, past day Hodor could hear Meera yelling at present day Hodor.  What makes me most upset is the thought that for the next 30 years Hodor was absolutely traumatized and he knew what was going to happen to him.  Then he had to live all those years with the Stark kids making fun of him, knowing the entire time that he would die because of them. I am also terrified to think of him showing up with blue eyes. 

Yeah, but imagine Bran's shock when he realized that he caused it; he didn't know what had happened to Hodor until the end. Had to be heartbreaking for him. And it must of been weird for everyone in real time at the time to be seeing Ned off to the Eyrie and suddenly the stableboy collapses into seizures and keeps repeating "Hold the door!"

2 minutes ago, Nymeria Pao said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure if him cowering in the corner was "Hodor, Hodor, Hodor: oh shit, we are being swarmed" or "Hodor, Hodor, Hodor: this is the moment that I die". Cause that moment, when he braces himself , and digs his heels in to keep that door closed...That broke my heart. I wished it would have had a reverse effect, where he comes back to being Willas and makes the choice. 

1 minute ago, Ludo Kressh said:

Yeah, but imagine Bran's shock when he realized that he caused it; he didn't know what had happened to Hodor until the end. Had to be heartbreaking for him. And it must of been weird for everyone in real time at the time to be seeing Ned off to the Eyrie and suddenly the stableboy collapses into seizures and keeps repeating "Hold the door!"

Omg yes.  Poor Bran!  But here's my next question, how did the Stark children not hear of Hodor collapsing before Ned left for the Eyrie?  Wouldn't that have been WF gossip about the event that Bran would have known of? 

3 minutes ago, Ludo Kressh said:

So, no one, all this time retells the tale? Especially that he ends of saying "Hodor" all the time? But then again, he was just the stable boy. Perhaps they did not care enough. 

26 minutes ago, Dracarys Snow said:

They locked eyes which caused him to go into a seizure and, well , we saw the rest. The reason may be that since Bran was already in a dream, Hodor saw a vision, thus...I can't quite articulate it. A dream, within a dream kinda shit.

A bit like Inception.