Ran

1 hour ago, Sonoftheharpie said:

I have never liked Sansa one bit, she betrayed her own father so she could play princess to Joffrey and has been nothing but a spoiled brat for the entire show....

Was just starting to like her a little this season, but hiding her discussion from Jon just shows her true nature... She's just like her annoying mother and the only thing she cares about Jon for is his wildling army... If you remember from the books, the Blackfish was basically programmed by Caitlin to dislike Jon from day 1 so I'm not sure how that one is going to turn out for him....

Also her 'gamesmanship' here is very lacking... Why not just kill LF and all his attendants and send word back to the Vale that he had been murdered by the Boltons on his journey home and to come to her aid immediately ?

Somehow once again that sneaky bastard will get the best of her and house stark... JMHO

i never took a liking to her either for the same reasons; my excuse for her tho is that she was a petulant child of privelege who has had to learn gratitude the hard way ("there are more important things" at the dinner table when served gruel). That's the one comforting thing i tell myself to not write her off. She's paid the price, so to speak. I think her "white lie" to Jon here is more a product of her abuse , her oppression and trauma, more than anything else; she's only known torture and lies for so long so this is more of an extension of that. Psychoanalysing aside, i wonder if this omission will end up turning into a huge red wedding size mistake on her part. She think she's being wise and clever, perhaps like Littlefinger and Margaery; in reality she's not ready to come to terms with the truth of her situation  - that she still has to slowly build up her sense of self after all that suffering.

Edited by VladimirDulud
misspelling

4 hours ago, Sansa's Hairnet said:

I'm thinking the magic will fail when Bran goes south of the Wall with that mark on his wrist. After Bran was marked, the NK was able to break the magic that kept the wights out of the cave. Maybe the same thing will happen with the Wall.

I can't see that happening either. Or the Night's King would simply mark someone rather than kill them to get past the wall.

1 hour ago, johndance said:

You do realize it's been confirmed this is accurate and not even close to fan fiction right?

Of course they don't. Just like they are still whining about Shireen's burning being 'fan fic'. They are absolutely convinced that doesn't happen in the books despite confirmation it does and the fact that it is really obviously going to happen in Shireen's first book chapter.

When they find out R+J= nothing they are not going to believe it either.

Did everyone forget Season 1? Wights were already raised from the death south of the wall to try and kill Jeor Mormont. I don't know if the mark will be the final straw for the fall of the wall. 

I still think they need the blood of a Stark to tear it down. Since it was the first Stark who built it. Maybe they will finally capture Benjen when he tries to bring Bran south of the Wall.

Anyhow, great episode, shed a tear or two at both Hodor's demise and Jorah leaving Dany. Though the first one was the most tragic.

2 hours ago, johndance said:

You do realize it's been confirmed this is accurate and not even close to fan fiction right?

Stop spreading your petty wishes around like it's a fact. 

You do realize checking off plot points on a list does not equal good story telling, or a representation of book canon that hasn't been completed or released. If you've ever read the books, and have a reading comprehension level above that of a fourth grader(something that d&d have confirmed they don't have, with their moronic comments), you wouldn't  be making such a ignorant and simplistic comment. 

Ok...perhaps I am missing something. Why wouldn't Bran turn into a WW? It is because he was in a vision, or...? The Caster baby turned into one as soon as he was touched, so why would the mark be temporary on Bran? Also, could that open the possibility of him warging into a WW now? 

10 hours ago, briantw said:

Is this really a big deal?  It's not like House Mazin is of any importance to the plot.  It was a throwaway line of dialogue.

There are legitimate criticisms for the show, but this is not one of them.

It is a big deal. Only a couple of complete hacks would name a minor house to honor one of their writer friends.  D&D should stick to the houses in the books, such as House Jordayne of the Tor.

10 hours ago, Morgain said:

That penis was fake - it looked like  a stuffed sock. I mean I've seen a fair few in my time and never seen one the same colour and texture all over. FAKE CALL.

Naw, that's just what happens when the make-up department gets done with it. :wub:

22 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It is a big deal. Only a couple of complete hacks would name a minor house to honor one of their writer friends.  D&D should stick to the houses in the books, such as House Jordayne of the Tor.

You do realize that GRRM once juxtaposed a house with a blue beetle sigil and a green arrow sigil side by side just to make an inside comic book reference, right? Or the time he created a piece of history to reference his favorite team winning the Super a Bowl.

Its not a big deal. 

I really don't think Bran's mark will have anything to do with the fall of the Wall, way too cheap. 

Bran will be saved by Benjen / Coldhands and will need to go to Winterfell (of which he is the lord BTW) in order to connect to weirwood.net, power up (wake the dragon sleeping there?) and fight the NK's magic. 

10 minutes ago, The Imp slap said:

I really don't think Bran's mark will have anything to do with the fall of the Wall, way too cheap. 

Bran will be saved by Benjen / Coldhands and will need to go to Winterfell (of which he is the lord BTW) in order to connect to weirwood.net, power up (wake the dragon sleeping there?) and fight the NK's magic. 

that would be thematically satisfying. 

But the wall is the biggest chekhovs gun of the lot, so surely will fall at some point, reasons unknown- the demise of the 3ER/COTF?

4 hours ago, lancerman said:

You do realize that GRRM once juxtaposed a house with a blue beetle sigil and a green arrow sigil side by side just to make an inside comic book reference, right? Or the time he created a piece of history to reference his favorite team winning the Super a Bowl.

Its not a big deal. 

tiresome having  to ask for some consistency of analysis, isn't it? 

Edited by God-Emperor of Yi Ti

10 hours ago, hallam said:

I can't see that happening either. Or the Night's King would simply mark someone rather than kill them to get past the wall.

Of course they don't. Just like they are still whining about Shireen's burning being 'fan fic'. They are absolutely convinced that doesn't happen in the books despite confirmation it does and the fact that it is really obviously going to happen in Shireen's first book chapter.

When they find out R+J= nothing they are not going to believe it either.

it will be "better" then though. 

10 hours ago, VladimirDulud said:

i never took a liking to her either for the same reasons; my excuse for her tho is that she was a petulant child of privelege who has had to learn gratitude the hard way ("there are more important things" at the dinner table when served gruel). That's the one comforting thing i tell myself to not write her off. She's paid the price, so to speak. I think her "white lie" to Jon here is more a product of her abuse , her oppression and trauma, more than anything else; she's only known torture and lies for so long so this is more of an extension of that. Psychoanalysing aside, i wonder if this omission will end up turning into a huge red wedding size mistake on her part. She think she's being wise and clever, perhaps like Littlefinger and Margaery; in reality she's not ready to come to terms with the truth of her situation  - that she still has to slowly build up her sense of self after all that suffering.

Maybe its to build tension in the LF/ Jon/Sansa triangle before the Wall falls. 

Thinking back to GRRM's original synopsis, maybe she will choose LF in the end. 

I both liked and disliked the wall scenes. Liked the continuation of Tormund leering at Brianne, the fact that they are heading out to try to round up the Northern houses, wonder if Davos gets sent off to White Harbor like in the books? Disliked the end of the LF scene with Sansa. They start showing Sansa as being wiser and a player, but then letting him get off the Half brother comment. He, as always, is planting his seeds of doubt. Then Sansa lies to Jon, the one person she is counting on and her one relative she has seen in ages. Not happy with that.

Dany scene, a throw away. Is it just me or did she look like she had lost some weight in this scene compared to last week? Her face looked thinner, wonder if this scene was filmed later and just added in?

The Kingsmoot - I liked the way it played out. They needed to get something moving here and Euron just now starting to build an even bigger fleet would have stalled the plot out, they need to move forward. I like Yara taking the ships and fleeing although it was a bit predictable. It does show that the fleet and officers all respected her more than Euron thought and that he underestimated Yara.

Arya - it was nice to get some history on the FM and to see where they came from. I unlike a lot here was happy with the stick scene. Arya now has her sight so it's a fair fight, and shows her getting her as handed to her because she thinks she is better than she is. Not so subtle reminder from the Waif that she is still Arya Stark and she will never be a FM despite what she says. The troupe scene was really good. It shows Arya what people think about her father and that the story has nothing to do with reality. Felt really bad for her as the scene unfolded. It's another case of the Starks realizing that what they grew up thinking about how their family is perceived and the reality of the how the people outside of the North thinks of them are entirely different. I took this as their way of making her remember who she is and why she started this journey to begin with. She doesn't want to be a FM assassin, she wants revenge for her family. 

Bran - Again, we have a Stark child who has just enough knowledge to be dangerous. It seems like they are all in the same phase right now, learned a little from a mentor and think they are ready to go it alone. I do wonder if the books will play out the Hodor story like this. Some people had called it right about the Children of the Forest creating the Nights King as a last ditch effort to win the war against the first men. As soon as we got that first overhead shot of the tree and the stones it brought us back to Episode 1. Sucked that we lost Summer but at least he went out protecting Bran and didn't die in a pen or off screen.

I think there is big mistake in this  episode. when we want to cross between time lines to make some change in the future,we should go to the past and do some things for change the present and  future. we cannot made past with some action in present because it make loop for what happend in present so the first line of the loop has make a mistake. 
ex: the hodor should be normal body in the first line of the loop to start this loop and we need to have him near brandon in the present so brandon can change the hodor to keep the door close but if hodor was normal body we can not say where was he in the present.