Ran

Just now, unJon said:

Hodor!

and you bookies are wrong if you think d&d invented that. That reeks of GRRM. 

I said the same thing when people were convinced D&D came up with Daenerys burning the khals with the help of the dosh khaleen, the very existence of dosh Khaleen and their temple meant Dany was going to tip the table there.

Actually, Martin gave away what Hodor meant a few years ago if I'm not mistaken.

Someone actually asked him if it was something to do with "Hold the Door" and he said yes, that was closer than anyone would think.

I have to look it up because I remember it perfectly.

Just now, Lord Parker said:

Euron's casting. (Looks like a fatter Theon to me.)

Fun story for you: when I saw the first trailer for season 6, I saw a fleeting half second shot of Euron and my first thought was "wow, Alfie has put on some weight."

2 minutes ago, plectrum said:

I'm pissed about the wolves dying too, but judging by the emotional reaction from so many viewers, I'd say Summer's death was far from meaningless.

I don't mean to the viewers, it's meaningless to the narrative of the story.

25 minutes ago, Lady Sansa's Direwolf said:

Army of the Undead, table for 10,000

Yup

13 minutes ago, Chloe.a.thomson said:

So Bran did this to Hodor?

FFS the Starks did not deserve their Direwolves.

Yep, two nights in a row nobody expected what would happen.

11 minutes ago, Tooms said:

That's the most shattering ending of the show! Worse than the Red Wedding!

Not quite so senseless though. Hodor dies saving Bran.

11 minutes ago, espec22 said:

Children of the forest: Race extint

That is what happens when you make a doomsday weapon. The white walkers obviously turned on them.

2 minutes ago, unJon said:

Hodor!

D&D just said in the inside GoT that it is from GRRM. And it is pretty obvious it must be. Such a long setup for the payoff...

3 minutes ago, Fredwin said:

Honestly, in the grand scheme of things what does it matter if the direwolves survive(at least on the show)? We all know how great and awesome they are. The show can't revolve around that fact, especially since warging was essentially removed from all the Starks minus Bran.

Yes, it's heartbreaking to see how they die and D&D could certainly do a better job at handling it, but it's not really one of the more important things I'd worry about holding against them.

It's one of those things where years of fan theory have built them up into something bigger than they actually are. Like the people who think Sansa has to die because Lady died.

I cried, being honest, we deserved to konow about Hodor in the books, not in the series. Now, there is something that intrigues me.

We know now that the COTF created the Others (let`s believe that D and D are telling us the truth), one of the children states that it was because men were killing them.

How can be this possible when the Others appeared after The First Men and the COTF made peace?

Did I get something wrong, did I miss something? It seems to me the timing is just wrong

7 minutes ago, unJon said:

Hodor!

You're probably right, and it was a pretty good scene. The only part that I don't see happening in the book is Summer dying kinda stupidly, and Bran apparently not even feeling his wolf's death.

Edited by Corvinus