Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Nymeria Pao said:

Omg yes.  Poor Bran!  But here's my next question, how did the Stark children not hear of Hodor collapsing before Ned left for the Eyrie?  Wouldn't that have been WF gossip about the event that Bran would have known of? 

Still, no matter how miserable Bran felt that momment, that's not even close to how Hodor felt. Much worse and for a much longer time. Hope that brings some growth to Bran that his power can't be used lightly or else people will suffer (maybe that was 3ER message by sending him to that momment afterall).

Hodor, we will miss you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dudu42 said:

Still, no matter how miserable Bran felt that momment, that's not even close to how Hodor felt. Much worse and for a much longer time. Hope that brings some growth to Bran that his power can't be used lightly or else people will suffer (maybe that was 3ER message by sending him to that momment afterall).

Hodor, we will miss you!

Bran will need to use the weirwoods from now on. 

 

Just now, Dracarys Snow said:

I sure hope so. A whole lot of "people" died getting him out :unsure:

So...Meera has dragon glass?I don't remember how that weapon got there.

Meera grabbed a spear running back into the cave. She probably made them with the Dragon glass Sam gave them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dracarys Snow said:

I sure hope so. A whole lot of "people" died getting him out :unsure:

So...Meera has dragon glass?I don't remember how that weapon got there.

Sam gave them dragon glass before they went north of the wall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hodor&Bran said:

And now we see that Bran when he "time travels" can change the past and future.  What power he has!!  And what will happen if he decides to change the past?  How delicious.   It's massive and unprecedented.  But the Three Eyed Raven did say that Bran can change the past if only it doesn't effect the present outcomes?

Time is a flat circle. It's a wheel of time. Bran's a looper.

He didn't really change the past -- changing the past would have been, for example, intervening to prevent some mishap that made Willas into Hodor. Instead, Bran was the cause of what had already happened. It's a closed loop: Bran goes back in time and makes Willas into Hodor so Hodor could grow up and hold the door so Bran could go back in time...

My head hurts. Damn. What Bran did to Hodor has the same feel as what the CoF did to the FM to make the WW. He just remade him into a tool. And then he sacrificed him. Hell, he sacrificed his whole life. That's some brutal, heartbreaking shit. Hodor had no choice, no free will. But if it's a closed loop, did Bran have any free will? Seems like he couldn't choose not to make Willas into Hodor...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Sam...Not much on what's happening with him. I wish they could move things along a bit. How many more episodes do we need of Arya getting her ass kicked? I get it, training is gruesome, but...

Edited by Dracarys Snow
nonsensical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really, really glad to hear Jon correctly pronounce Cerwyn with a leading K sound, the ways it’s supposed to be (in Welsh, which the name is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dracarys Snow said:

Speaking of Sam...Not much on what's happening with him. I wish they could move things along a bit. How many more episodes do we need of her getting her ass kicked? I get it, training is gruesome, but...

It sounded to me like Arya is going to either have to kill the actress next episode or the Faceless Men will try to kill her, "One way or another, a face will be added to the wall".

So I think that plot line is coming to the end.

The Theater Troupe would be a route to return home. But she will have to remain anonymous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Greg B said:

Time is a flat circle. It's a wheel of time. Bran's a looper.

He didn't really change the past -- changing the past would have been, for example, intervening to prevent some mishap that made Willas into Hodor. Instead, Bran was the cause of what had already happened. It's a closed loop: Bran goes back in time and makes Willas into Hodor so Hodor could grow up and hold the door so Bran could go back in time...

My head hurts. Damn. What Bran did to Hodor has the same feel as what the CoF did to the FM to make the WW. He just remade him into a tool. And then he sacrificed him. Hell, he sacrificed his whole life. That's some brutal, heartbreaking shit. Hodor had no choice, no free will. But if it's a closed loop, did Bran have any free will? Seems like he couldn't choose not to make Willas into Hodor...

I get what you mean. He didn't mean to do it, but damn... and to have Meera just ordering him to close the door. And how the hell are they gonna run away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hallam said:

It sounded to me like Arya is going to either have to kill the actress next episode or the Faceless Men will try to kill her, "One way or another, a face will be added to the wall".

So I think that plot line is coming to the end.

The Theater Troupe would be a route to return home. But she will have to remain anonymous.

Wonder if she's gonna kill the other actress instead, Had to be hard for her to watch and see what happened to Sansa after she ran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just, I don't even think it's about intention, I think (as others have put it in the other thread), there's only one timeline. So Bran literally had no choice about doing it. Willas was already Hodor before Bran was even born.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dracarys Snow said:

So, no one, all this time retells the tale? Especially that he ends of saying "Hodor" all the time? But then again, he was just the stable boy. Perhaps they did not care enough. 

From their perspective it's not terribly interesting. He had a seizure and it zapped his brain. It's only important if you know about the warring aspect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After seeing what happened to Hodor, i don't think Bran will interact anymore with anyone in the past.

But maybe Hodor was destined to be this way, the past is already written, the ink is dry.

Edited by GeorgeIAF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, the Hodor time loop thing is cool. I'm with that. But it was apparently important for the Three-Eyed Raven to show Bran Winterfell of old and Tower of Joy for a reason right? If it's just to seed that Bran can have an effect on the past-> Hodor origin reveal it will end up being really weak. We still need to figure out why that Winterfell scene was of any relevance to Bran. I just can't see how showing Bran that Howland Reen killed Dayne and showing Bran that he fucked up Hodor justifies those field trips in themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that he was "touched" by the WW King, will he turn into one? Would it be possible for a future version of Bran to be Coldhands?

Edited by Dracarys Snow
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, beatsbymelisandre said:

Okay, the Hodor time loop thing is cool. I'm with that. But it was apparently important for the Three-Eyed Raven to show Bran Winterfell of old and Tower of Joy for a reason right? If it's just to seed that Bran can have an effect on the past-> Hodor origin reveal it will end up being really weak. We still need to figure out why that Winterfell scene was of any relevance to Bran. I just can't see how showing Bran that Howland Reen killed Dayne and showing Bran that he fucked up Hodor justifies those field trips in themselves.

Perhaps to show him that what he knows to be the truth isn't really. That particular scene may just have been a reason to bring him closer to Willas. The fact that he lingered on to watch his father, was just long enough for all the events to unfold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dracarys Snow said:

Perhaps to show him that what he knows to be the truth isn't really. That particular scene may just have been a reason to bring him closer to Willas. The fact that he lingered on to watch his father, was just long enough for all the events to unfold. 

In theory the concept of just learning that truth isn't what it seems is fine, but if there are no consequences to that misperception what's the point of learning it? How do you apply "Hey Bran, sometimes people lie about things," to a larger story? Are we to assume Bran never considered that legends could contain fibs or hyperbole? Then again, how does he apply that knowledge in any useful way?

Just seems like we should have more to learn about those particular scenes. R+L=J for one, and some discovery about Winterfell in the other. Similar to how we learned about the invention of the WW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't finished reading the thread yet (this one is going off more than the others this season), I just wanted to get this out while it's in my head.

I'm sick of seeing the Waif beat Arya. Can't wait to see her (hopefully) get it. I loved seeing the play and Arya's reaction and, not to mention, Richard E Grant!

How uncomfortable for LF! It was good finally seeing him squirm a bit and having to answer for his sh*t. It could have been harsher, sure, but I liked it. As for teleporting LF.. eh. Who cares? No one wants to watch episodes of characters travelling from A to B. 

I've never liked Jorah, so I wasn't emotional during that scene at all. Hopefully he's gone for a while now.

I'm enjoying Tyrion this season about as much as I was during ADwD. Please let it pick up soon. 

Finally! Jon is actually finally leaving! I can't wait to see the Northern houses (specifically the Mormonts and hopefully the Manderlys!). 

Theon and Yara team up! I'm not really as impressed with Euron as I thought I would be. He's almost comical. He's not a man I can take seriously.

So the CotF created the WW. I've only just recently been reading into theories about them, so I found this really interesting! That was my biggest shock moment of the episode. 

Like others have been saying, if Bran has been marked, is that how they will get past the Wall? I think Bran and Meera (and possibly Benjen? Please!) will end up at Greywater. I've been saying for a long time that I think the Wall will be falling this season. If Bran leads the NK there, it could happen.

Summer! I was so excited to see Summer, then boom! RIP. I know a lot of people are complaining about how he died, but I think it was one of the better and more meaningful deaths for the wolves. He died trying to protect Bran. The others died for nothing. 

I couldn't take the 'Hold the door' seriously. I just couldn't. I remember reading a ridiculous theory about it a long time ago, so, as sad as it was, I couldn't get into it emotionally which sucked.

Overall, one of my favourite episodes this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×