Ran

Hodor and Summer... damn

Except Hodor's death was meaningful, interesting and heartbreaking.

Summer's death was bullshit. I envisioned the surviving Direwolves munching Ramsey alive when invading Winterfell. Only Ghost remains and there's absolute no news about Nymeria since the first season (bet she's sharing the boat with Gendry right now).

Really, Summer and Leaf could do well with some bit of self preserving instincts. The hell Summer even tried to accomplish?

Plus, the revelation that the Children of Forest created the White Walkers was quite the bomb. 9/10 for this episode, would be 10 were not for the completely unnecessary deaths. (Plus, I think Euron's is being portrayed by a fine actor, if not a bit more chubby than ideal).

2 minutes ago, Zachary Snow said:

i hate how the wolves aren't important at all in the show.  i got really upset when summer died like what was the point it didn't really slow them down he could've easily just gone with bran.  first shaggy now summer wtf

I do agree with that.  It would've been better if one of them was just about to reach Bran and Summer saved the day before getting swarmed.  As it was it just seemed kind of pointless.

9 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

I like how you are attributing an argument to a group that hasn't made said argument.

Glad you like it. It was said a few posts above mine and I was responding to that. And of course no one will say it post inside GoT where D&D confirm. 

4 hours ago, HokieStone said:

Like here?

That argument wasn't on this thread, but I'll give you that. I can't be accountable for everyone I guess, GRRM has hinted at this in the past.

Edit: oops, I misspoke. Changed confirmed to hinted at.

Edited by Darkstream

1 minute ago, TheGreenBell said:

anybody else thinking that Meera might bring Bran to Greywater? and that's how we'll learn about R+L=J

They are a bit far away for that.

The only person they could meet where they are right now is Benjen.

I just wanted to mention how nice it is to come to these threads without the prevailing sentiment being how crappy the show is. I still would have preferred by far to read the books first, but I am going to take a consolation prize of most people now letting the show work or not work on its own merit. 

Also, I can't even begin to express how nice it is to get a bit of resolution on plot lines that I have been following for close to 20 years.

4 minutes ago, direwoofwoof said:

Do you think Bran being touched by the NK could break the enchantment of the wall like it did the cave? Maybe the wall won't protect him from the white walkers if he makes it back there...

Yes, WW walk right under the wall to follow Bran (who's heading for Greywater Watch) and the wights just scale the Wall en mass

Just now, TheGreenBell said:

anybody else thinking that Meera might bring Bran to Greywater? and that's how we'll learn about R+L=J

I think you've hit the nail on the head with that prediction

I've a feeling summer died to make you know whos intervention more important next episode.

18 minutes ago, Fredwin said:

So it's just the slow realization of the fact that D&D probably know the direwolves aren't special in any way besides being awesome? Because as any other normal fan, I love the Direwolves. How can you not? But I understand why the show isn't built around them.

No, the fact the the direwolves have a significant meaning in the books is not a debatable stance. Their meaning has already been thoroughly established in book canon.

3 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

I just wanted to mention how nice it is to come to these threads without the prevailing sentiment being how crappy the show is. I still would have preferred by far to read the books first, but I am going to take a consolation prize of most people now letting the show work or not work on its own merit. 

Also, I can't even begin to express how nice it is to get a bit of resolution on plot lines that I have been following for close to 20 years.

Yeah I am so sick of hearing what the show is doing wrong.

I cut other shows I watch a lot of slack, I wait and see where a story is going before writing it off. It is only fair that I do the same for GoT.

.... I do wish they would stop killing the DW though.

Edit: and 'they' is the royal 'they'; GRRM, D&D, and anyone else involved in this story.

Edited by Chloe.a.thomson

6 minutes ago, hallam said:

They are a bit far away for that.

The only person they could meet where they are right now is Benjen.

Yes, it's time for Coldhands. That's the only way they're going to survive, but where would he take them, only way to go now is south

Edited by House Martell

11 minutes ago, Chloe.a.thomson said:

I do not get why everyone is being so negative aboout the ToJ....

We know we will see those actors again:

http://watchersonthewall.com/jonathan-pryce-hints-high-sparrows-future-storyline-polish-interview/

You may be right, my comment was a generalization.