1 minute ago, tmug said:

Nothing happened in this episode other than Benjen coming back. 

Uh, Marge got released, Tommen turned heel, Jamie got exiled (kind of), and Drogon reunited with Dany, after shich she announced that she's headed west.

There wasn't a lot of action, but it's not like nothing happened.

So Daenerys wants the Dothraki to "tear down the houses of stone", i.e. castles?  How does she plan on governing Westeros after she breaks it?  She's made a mess of Mereen.  Just going in and conquering lands and breaking down the social order and culture is not enough.

Just now, tmug said:

Nothing happened in this episode other than Benjen coming back. 

You must be kidding ...

- Arya decided not to be no one!

- High Sparrow screwed over the Lannister's and Tyrell's and effectively siezed control of the Government.

- Jamie is no longer a Kingsguard and is free to be the Lord of Casterly Rock

- Benjen is back

- After six years Dany is finally going to Westeros

- Sam stole his family sword in a big FU to his Dad.

Plenty in this episode... I'm sorry you didn't get enough tits, arse, and violence!

I hope Walder will be dead soon, murdered by one of his sons. just like Bolton and Tywin, the warth of the father. 

Boring episode other than Arya and Benjen, but even that was a bit anticlimactic, no warm reunion, seems off. 

Just now, nogginthenog said:

I feel like Marg is playing the High Sparrow. Her whole speech to Loras the other week. She has something up her sleeve,

Agreed, but I don't think Tommen is in on the game.

Also, I think she tried that play because she didn't think her family was going to come for her.  That was a curveball for her, and it might even endanger whatever it is she's trying.

What we are now seeing is the beginning of the end of this show.  All arrows point to the battle between ice and fire.   We have known it all along, now it's gonna be about who is left alive in Westeros to battle The Others and get their asses kicked only to have Dany and the Dragons swoop in and save the day.  I doubt we get to see any of the aftermath.  

This week was more a setup for next week than anything.... Glad Arya is finally leaving the House of Black and White to go west and get revenge... The GNC looks like it might be on the move thanks to Sansa.... Dany FINALLY talking about going West.... Good to see the BlackFish is keeping up the fight in the Riverland... Hope to soon see Walder Frey with a dagger in his back... A nod to the Brotherhood without banners... May we see Zombie Cat after all??? Not the most exciting episode aside from the reappearance of BenJen Stark, but a nice prelude to bigger things to come....

11 minutes ago, Tooms said:

Boom ... Six years and she's finally going to Westeros!

If this is true, about time and all!!!  In the books particularly I am getting rather bored with her in Meereen I have to say but that scene could easily have happened off screen.  I personally think it would have moved the plot more to "teleport" them to Meereen and for Dany to assess if that brief peace Tyrion tried to achieve is holding and what to do next not to mention that I think she ought to be angry with him for his generous terms lol  but oh well if they get going towards Westeros I guess that is all I care about at this point in this particular plot lol

I think Margery's initial conversation with Tommen was to feel out his comprehension of the situation.  When it was clear that he was still lost and too easy to manipulate she pushed him in the direction she needed him to go to secure her release