11 minutes ago, plectrum said:

Uh, Marge got released, Tommen turned heel, Jamie got exiled (kind of), and Drogon reunited with Dany, after shich she announced that she's headed west.

There wasn't a lot of action, but it's not like nothing happened.

Well, compared to each episode so far this season, it seemed a bit "meh" to me. By far the least enjoyable episode so far this season.

1 minute ago, tmug said:

Well, compared to each episode so far this season, it seemed a bit "meh" to me. By far the least enjoyable episode so far this season.

I thought the first episode was the worst.  They really don't tend to make good first episodes.  It's like they think we're so stupid that they have to teach us everyone's name again each year.  Every kickoff episode feels like a pilot.

6 minutes ago, plectrum said:

Agreed, but I don't think Tommen is in on the game.

Also, I think she tried that play because she didn't think her family was going to come for her.  That was a curveball for her, and it might even endanger whatever it is she's trying.

Poor Tommen. He's so clueless about almost everything. I kind of wish someone would just kill him already. I'll be interested to see the discussions with Margaery and Olenna, just to find out how much Margaery had planned. 

I think this was my favorite episode in a long while. I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but Sam and Gilly were the best part. There, that's a first. I loved pretty much everything. 

Ok, one thing I didn't like: Cersei is more and more of a bore. I don't want her to scream through her role like a deranged Faye Dunaway, but her low whispery, speaking through her teeth thing is wearing thin. 

That's it. I vented. Everything else was aces. 

Oh, ok, one nitpick/observation. The Babadook actress got her chance to make an impression, but Adam from UnReal was barely there, and Richard E. Grant was somewhere in between. I thought their roles would be meatier. *shrugs*

1 hour ago, plectrum said:

Anyone else notice that Jamie seems to have stabbed the Mad King in the belly in that flashback???

Interesting but a bodyguard doesn't need to stab someone in the back...

50 minutes ago, NikkiG said:

Arya gets an F in faceless man stealth.  Ditches first assignment and gets caught in second

Yep. Never thought that was working out.

45 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Let's hope that Arya kills the Waif.  The whole Faceless Man storyline was even more boring on the show than in the book.

Either Arya kills the waif or Maisie should probably go talk to the BBC to see if that 'Me' gig could be revived.

Thing is, I bet the Waif has to be an asshole about killing her and that is how she is going to get the needle.

Or maybe another twist. 

28 minutes ago, Tooms said:

Boom ... Six years and she's finally going to Westeros!

Well right now she isn't getting there unless the Dothraki learn to swim.

And teach their horses to.

14 minutes ago, Sonoftheharpie said:

This week was more a setup for next week than anything.... Glad Arya is finally leaving the House of Black and White to go west and get revenge... The GNC looks like it might be on the move thanks to Sansa.... Dany FINALLY talking about going West.... Good to see the BlackFish is keeping up the fight in the Riverland... Hope to soon see Walder Frey with a dagger in his back... A nod to the Brotherhood without banners... May we see Zombie Cat after all??? Not the most exciting episode aside from the reappearance of BenJen Stark, but a nice prelude to bigger things to come....

I suspect Arya gets back to Westeros first.

But she seemed to be seeing the issue from Cercei's point of view. Who is she going to kill Cersei or Tyrion?

I don't think she would be killing Tommen though.

1 minute ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Has anybody looked at the separate pieces of the kaleidoscopic visions that included the Mad King? What new shots were there, really, and which old ones?

You know, it's kind of interesting.  I feel like 98% of that flashback thingy was split between Hardhome and the Mad King.  That would seem to suggest a connection between them...

Just now, plectrum said:

You know, it's kind of interesting.  I feel like 98% of that flashback thingy was split between Hardhome and the Mad King.  That would seem to suggest a connection between them...

I got the weirdest vibe that the “Burn them all!” cackling was a message about dealing with the wights even then bearing down upon Bran.

I really think the choices of cuts made is something that we’ll be able to read a lot into.  Or out of.  However that works.

1 minute ago, ToTheWolves said:

Sooo uhhm Jamie and cersei are just going to be together forever from the looks of it. As much as I try to separate books from show...I just can't get with this version of Jamie.

I am with you in this one, I prefer the Jamie in the books at this stage.  Okay, I did like his grand entrance when he rode up the stairs of the Sept but yeah I wish he could actually see through Cersei, although I admit I am a bit bias and ship him and Brienne.  However, they are now heading (Jamie and Brienne) towards the same place on different sides so this should be interesting... (or so I hope) ;)

2 minutes ago, hallam said:

I suspect Arya gets back to Westeros first.

But she seemed to be seeing the issue from Cercei's point of view. Who is she going to kill Cersei or Tyrion?

I don't think she would be killing Tommen though.

I am not sure I am understanding you right; Cersei is on her list but why would she kill either Tyrion or Tommen???  (assuming you mean Arya of course).  I could be missing something.  In any event I think Walder Frey probably takes priority ;)