Just now, CrypticWeirwood said:

I got the weirdest vibe that the “Burn them all!” cackling was a message about dealing with the wights even then bearing down upon Bran.

I really think the choices of cuts made is something that we’ll be able to read a lot into.  Or out of.  However that works.

I get the feeling that either the mad king wasn't mad or he was sent mad by the prophecy. Either way, I think that his actions will become less inexplicable when the full facts are known.

1 minute ago, hallam said:

I get the feeling that either the mad king wasn't mad or he was sent mad by the prophecy. Either way, I think that his actions will become less inexplicable when the full facts are known.

It would be a fun twist if Bran Hodor'd him via Weirnet.

2 minutes ago, hallam said:

Or maybe Arya teams up with Nymeria again and they had enough doggie scenes...

The dogs (which don't even look like wolves) are incredibly difficult to work with. It takes forever to get anything done with them. They never do what they’re told, and their proportions don’t scale correctly when they get resized.  They aren’t computer-generated images driven by algorithms.  These are merely dogs.

The dragons, in contrast, are merely the fleshed out rendering of a computer model, a model that was long ago bought and paid for, and so the incremental cost is a hell of a lot less than something new would be. The best things about them is that they do whatever they’re told each and every time without fail.

4 minutes ago, plectrum said:

You know, it's kind of interesting.  I feel like 98% of that flashback thingy was split between Hardhome and the Mad King.  That would seem to suggest a connection between them...

It was nice to see the Mad King in there, it definitely links his madness to the WW and the Others. So is what happened to Benjen the same thing that happened to Jon? I'm starting to think that Rhilor or the Red Woman had nothing to do with resurrecting Jon.

4 minutes ago, hallam said:

Pretty sure that Dany’s own “Burn them all!” which she did to the Khals would go down in the history books as yet another Targaryen madness — provided she weren’t writing those books.

1 minute ago, tmug said:

It was nice to see the Mad King in there, it definitely links his madness to the WW and the Others. So is what happened to Benjen the same thing that happened to Jon? I'm starting to think that Rhilor or the Red Woman had nothing to do with resurrecting Jon.

Benjen's undead backstory made me a little nervous for Jon. I feel like he's going to die again and be resurrected with dragon glass

1 minute ago, tmug said:

So is what happened to Benjen the same thing that happened to Jon? I'm starting to think that Rhilor or the Red Woman had nothing to do with resurrecting Jon.

That’s an astute observation.  Not even the Red Woman herself claimed did it; she almost certainly did not.

Anybody notice the flash of Catelyn?

1 minute ago, Morgana Lannister said:

I am with you in this one, I prefer the Jamie in the books at this stage.  Okay, I did like his grand entrance when he rode up the stairs of the Sept but yeah I wish he could actually see through Cersei, although I admit I am a bit bias and ship him and Brienne.  However, they are now heading (Jamie and Brienne) towards the same place on different sides so this should be interesting... (or so I hope) ;)

I am not sure I am understanding you right; Cersei is on her list but why would she kill either Tyrion or Tommen???  (assuming you mean Arya of course).  I could be missing something.  In any event I think Walder Frey probably takes priority ;)

I got the feeling that watching the play she sees the issue from Cersei's side. So she is going back to Westeros to put her ninja skills to use. But maybe not to finish off the kill list. 

You might be right about Walder Frey. Not least because Brienne is going to be there.

As for Jamie, he is out of the Kingsguard by the sound of things. Which puts him back at the head of house Lannister. Which is interesting. The book story is interesting. But we are rapidly running out of episodes.

1 minute ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

That’s a really weird thing, though.  What connection could there be between Aerys and the Others, let alone his apparently madness?

I'm kind of with the poster that mentioned the fact that "Burn them all!" could just as easily be a reference to what should be done with the NK's army.  It also hints that the problems of the north might be solved by Dany.

3 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

That’s a really weird thing, though.  What connection could there be between Aerys and the Others, let alone his apparently madness?

There were hypothesis, although maybe tin foil (but who knows) re whether the "burn them all" is not a similar response a la "hold the door"... seems a bit far fetched but who knows...

1 minute ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Aerys would mutter "Burn them all!" I am starting to believe that the Starks truly do need to be burned or they live a life like Uncle Benjen. If Bran is indeed BR now, he must have sacrificed his own family in order to stop the White Walkers somehow. Bran will be meeting the NK someday. Benjen seems to already know what happens in the future.

Loved it. I was on the edge of the seat the whole time even though there was hardly any fighting. I needed a bit of a time to breathe and I'm glad that no one died this time. 

Loved Gilly and Sam the most, especially the stealing of Heartsbane. Randyl Tarly is more terrifying than all the White Walker's combined. Great acting on all parts.

Braavosi play was excellent as was the showdown in front of the Sept. The High Sparrow's a dick but has my respect for outplaying everyone. 

Walder Frey's back and in a good form, it seems. He's almost as good at scolding his disappointing progeny as is Randyl.

Dany was a bit meh and bit of a waste of time but it wasn't too terrible. Kinda wonder what the Dothraki that couldn't hear what she was saying were cheering to.

I think Cersei will burn down King's Landing once she looses Jaime and all her children. The flashbacks definitely foreshadowed it. 

I don't like that Jaime and Cersei are still together but their kiss was quite hot. 

Hyped for Blackfish and Jaime. 

14 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Sansa is going to order Brienne to kill Jaime. 

this could make sense given how they are keen on giving main character plots that other characters had in the books, however I am all for both Brienne and Jaime surviving the Riverlands and Sansa is not as blood thirsty as LSH I don't think and unless she learns that it was him who threw Bran out of the window, okay he is a Lannister but I don't think is personal at this stage if this makes sense.  Also not sure but get the impression that Tyrion probably told her he was one of the members of his family who didn't treat him abysmally and I don't get the impression, certainly not in the books that she has animosity against Tyrion even now so unless it is purely for tactical reasons not sure how Jaime would be such a priority for Sansa, just like even with the changes she has gone through, I can't see her just killing any random Freys in cold blood.  I think Sansa would be a fairly decaffeinated version of LSH but I could be wrong...

Sorry this post has turned out totally convoluted lol but basically saying that I don't think she hates Jamie specifically, although hey yes she does hate the Lannister house as an entity but not on a more personal level individually when it comes to him.  I personally think it is more likely that Brienne and Jaime will have a one to one combat scene that plays out simply because they are both doing their duty on opposite sides of the war...

Edited by Morgana Lannister

42 minutes ago, nogginthenog said:

I feel like Marg is playing the High Sparrow. Her whole speech to Loras the other week. She has something up her sleeve,

It was certainly a calculated move.  She gets herself out of jail, saves herself from the "walk," makes Tommen look like he's actually in charge, and she can probably exert more influence on what happens to Loras.  Heck, it may have even been her idea to exile Jaime.

It seemed from her expression that she was not expecting the rescue (and why should she, as nobody came to rescue Cersie).  Still, I think this probably works out best for Marg.

2 minutes ago, tmug said:

Aerys would mutter "Burn them all!" I am starting to believe that the Starks truly do need to be burned or they live a life like Uncle Benjen. If Bran is indeed BR now, he must have sacrificed his own family in order to stop the White Walkers somehow. Bran will be meeting the NK someday. Benjen seems to already know what happens in the future.

The old Kings of Winter were never burned.  They lie sleeping in the crypts beneath Winterfell till the Horn of Winter summons them to take up their swords once again.

12 minutes ago, NikkiG said:

Benjen's undead backstory made me a little nervous for Jon. I feel like he's going to die again and be resurrected with dragon glass

Benjen isn’t dead.  He's forever sparked to life by a shard of frozen fire where his dead heart would be.

And he's still one of the good guys: the North remembers.