Not as emotionally engaging as last week's episode but still good.

Benjen Coldhands(did anyone else notice how his hands became progressively darker in that second scene). I like how they described what happened to him. And I'm curious as to how he sets the mace on fire. Did he get some sort of ability to do that when the CotF saved him?
 And Bran's flashbacks, I need to see stills too, my mouth was agape when I saw the wildfire and the Mad King yelling 'Burn them all!"

No Jon and Tyrion this week although I thought we might have seen Davos find Shireen's pyre during their travels...maybe next episode.

Sam and Gilly was better than I thought, tense at the right moments and it was touching to see that his mom and sister still love him. His father was a total dick though, but his brother didn't sound too bad, some of his expressions during the dinner when Randyll was laying into Sam looked like he was sympathetic. And stealing Heartsbane at the end was badass, his father is not going to be happy.

Jaime and Cersei...the Tyrells. The HS played them all, the cunning bastard. I can't wait to see that smug smile get wiped off his face. And I can't decide if Marg is serious about her conversion or she's also playing. Course I know one thing she playing...poor Tommen, like a fiddle. That kid's waaay over his head and now he'll probably become an enemy to his mom. And boy did Jaime look pissed after he came out of the Sept.

It was nice to see Dany on Drogon again although I couldn't help but think of that scene in Avatar when Jake comes riding in on that huge creature(name escapes me right now) and rallies the Navi. Great speech, now she needs to back up her words with action. And Daario is Euron confirmed when he told her how many ships she'd need...jk:P.

1 hour ago, sj4iy said:

There was a shot in the flashback...where someone's hand (it looked like young Ned's to me) was covered in blood from a person drenched in blood.  Could we be seeing our first shot from inside the ToJ?

Rewatched she scene: that seems to be it. A man's hand and a little below, a woman's, and her dress seems to be covered in blood. The scene came right after : "Where is my sister", so I'm thinking the same.

Just now, Ludo Kressh said:

Not as emotionally engaging as last week's episode but still good.

Benjen Coldhands(did anyone else notice how his hands became progressively darker in that second scene). I like how they described what happened to him. And I'm curious as to how he sets the mace on fire. Did he get some sort of ability to do that when the CotF saved him?

I think it's one of the powers that the resurrected gain: remember Beric did the same thing following his own resurrection.

54 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

BTW, I love the scenes at Horn Hill.  Didn't expect Sam to take Gilly and the baby with him in the end though.  Does it mean he is no longer going to train as a Maester???  I have read some spoilers about stealing the sword and the moment Lord Tarly mentioned it I just knew lol and loved it but where are they all to go now???

The sword will obviously be needed up at the wall. As for stealing it, Randyll pretty much admitted it belonged to Sam by right. He can hardly disown Sam as a coward and complain about him stealing his birthright.

Sam has to go to oldstown simply because he has to learn something of importance in the books there.

43 minutes ago, Maester Murks said:

Did anyone else imagine Horn Hill a lot smaller? That looked like a huge castle. Also it looked like a library or a museum.

Loved Randyll. Great casting there.The dinner scene was good, but I think they've overdone it a little with the cheerful happy mother and sister. They seemed just a little too sweet to that complete stranger in rags.

Heartsbane looked cool, but I wonder why Sam would take it. No good can come of this. I get it, he's getting braver. But he's still smarter than that.

Really looking forward to Jaime/Blackfish confrontation. I loved that in the books. I'm not sure how well it can be done on TV though, since there's a lot in Jaime's inner thoughts.  Also Jaime on the show is someone else entirely :rolleyes:

Like Ice, Heartsbane is a pretty useless weapon in a fight. Too damn big.

A couple of other little things: 

Shadow of a dragon flying over a city and cut to what seems to be King's Landing in smoke

Jaime pulling his sword on Aerys and later on,stabbing him and then, sitting on the throne. 

Robb and Catelyn being murdered...

The rest just went by too fast for me to make sense of it.

Sam's family reunion reemphasized the separation of the realities facing the North and those facing the rest of Westeros.  Even though the show is fast tracking the story line much faster than the books, it seems nearly impossible that the White Walkers will invade and complete the final battle in 13 episodes (finishing this season and next).  As noted by Sam's dinner conversation, the majority of Westeros doesn't even believe the WWers exist

10 minutes ago, hallam said:

The sword will obviously be needed up at the wall. As for stealing it, Randyll pretty much admitted it belonged to Sam by right. He can hardly disown Sam as a coward and complain about him stealing his birthright.

IDK, His father made it quite clear he wasn't entitled to it; it's Sam's birthright, but his father has said he's not worthy of it and he'll be quite pissed when he discovers it stolen.

Loved this episode. Slower than some this season, but just as good imo!

So happy that Arya is finally leaving. I was yelling at the TV for Lady Crane not to drink the poison. I wonder if Arya will go back to Westeros with the action troupe?

Margaery definitely has bigger plans. I don't think Tommen is in on them. Whether this will be what gets him killed, we'll see.

BENJEN BABY!! Has his character just been combined with Coldhands? Or was he Coldhands all along?

Jaime going to the Riverlands. Finally. Hopefull he'll remember how to not be a whipped dog. 

Dany. Yawn. How is she going to rule Westeros and it's people if she kills them all and tears down their houses? And what I've always wondered, what will happen with the Dothraki? The people of Westeros are hardly going to take to a queen with a barbarian army. They rape and kill and steal. I can't see them in Westeros.

Where will Sam and Gilly go? To Oldtown? What will Gilly do?

Edited by RadSam

Many questions....

In Bran's Flashback/FlashForward how is he seeing things where a Weirwood is not present? can he "greensee" any moment any where?

Also, does anyone else totally NOT believe Margaery is a devout little SevenHead now? She is so smart, I'm pretty sure she is playing the High Sparrow (and Tommen) in order to get her ass out of there. Once she has been able to get Loras freed it will be on like Donkey Kong!

Hmmmm,you know why the last two episodes have been so enjoyable? NO Ramsay Bolton!

I am also psyched that A Girl did the right thing and became Arya again!

Just now, madprofessah said:

Many questions....

In Bran's Flashback/FlashForward how is he seeing things where a Weirwood is not present? can he "greensee" any moment any where?

Also, does anyone else totally NOT believe Margaery is a devout little SevenHead now? She is so smart, I'm pretty sure she is playing the High Sparrow (and Tommen) in order to get her ass out of there. Once she has been able to get Loras freed it will be on like Donkey Kong!

Hmmmm,you know why the last two episodes have been so enjoyable? NO Ramsay Bolton!

I don't understand all of it, but he seemed to be acquiring knowledge , sorta "downloading" some information. Perhaps that is the reason. 

Definitely think that Margaery has something up her sleeve and agree on not seeing Ramsay. That, and no Arya/Waif training scene. 

2 minutes ago, madprofessah said:

Many questions....

The show never said that weirwoods were needed. And they are using Bran to show the whole of the backstory.

Knowing that they would be using Bran to do flashbacks, they keep clear of them in the rest of the series except for the Cersei flashback where they give the prophecy that sends her mad.

Whether Margery is a sevenhead or not... Have folk forgotten the sand snakes? I don't think Tommen makes it into season 7.

Marg is trying to save face yet again and get Loras and herself out of that situation. Shes playing Tommen to get him away from Cersei and its working. And i feel like just when things start looking like they are on an upswing for Tommen, a Sand Snek comes out and murks him. OOpsie. 

Also, Bran is still trippin' balls from 3EC Merging from last episode. 

Im hype for Arya murking the Waif. It gonna happen.

So did Margery just screw up?  Last week she seemed in control.  She just simply didn't know the cavalry was coming and thought the best way to get out of her walk was to side with the High Sparrow?

Or is she really pious now?  I think she was just full of it and Tommen is gullible and it backfired.  

1 minute ago, Florina Laufeyson said:

Marg is trying to save face yet again and get Loras and herself out of that situation. Shes playing Tommen to get him away from Cersei and its working. And i feel like just when things start looking like they are on an upswing for Tommen, a Sand Snek comes out and murks him. OOpsie. 

Also, Bran is still trippin' balls from 3EC Merging from last episode. 

Im hype for Arya murking the Waif. It gonna happen.

My hunch is actually not for the Sand Snakes, despite having been seen last in KL not being the ones to kill Tommen.  I get the incline that somehow Cersei, albeit very indirectly, will be the one to cause for it to happen (with all 3 children).  Okay, this is a stretch but it could be argued that Joffrey was killed for how awful he was which was indirectly a consequence of how much she had indulged him.  No idea what will get Myrcella but with Tommen I really think that his (I am sure at least at the moment) sincere devotion is going to be what kills him (my money on one of the Tyrells) which could be arguably a consequence of Cersei having gotten herself into trouble with the Faith in the first place (including giving them an army for her own ulterior motives), either that or he will realise he has been played by the High Sparrow and will be the Faith who gets him.... Maybe complete tin foil but for now sticking with this prediction.

1 minute ago, Rob Storm said:

So did Margery just screw up?  Last week she seemed in control.  She just simply didn't know the cavalry was coming and thought the best way to get out of her walk was to side with the High Sparrow?

Or is she really pious now?  I think she was just full of it and Tommen is gullible and it backfired.  

I'm pretty sure she was just pretending in a desperate attempt to set herself and Loras free but I am also pretty convinced that Tommen is sincere in his new devotion for the Seven.

50 minutes ago, Dracarys Snow said:

Rewatched she scene: that seems to be it. A man's hand and a little below, a woman's, and her dress seems to be covered in blood. The scene came right after : "Where is my sister", so I'm thinking the same.

hey i got a shot of that. i really missed it completely when first watching the ep cuz it went by so fast. But i looked for it because you lot mentioned it.