10 minutes ago, RadSam said:

But they're already paired up?

Ending up together = pairing up romantically at the end of the series / your happily ever after type of relationship 

Pairing up = to be romantically-linked  

At least that's how I see it.

3 minutes ago, JonNoMore said:

Ending up together = pairing up romantically at the end of the series / your happily ever after type of relationship 

Pairing up = to be romantically-linked  

At least that's how I see it.

So because two people are paired up, that means they're going to be romantically linked? Someone should tell Brienne and Pod and Arya and the Hound and Rickon and Osha.

11 hours ago, hallam said:

And Tommen would be Joffrey's what?

The obvious solution is Tyrion but there always has to be a twist. So either it is someone else's little brother or sister - Jon, Tommen... or Cersei beggs Tyrion to kill her to stop the WWs getting her or something.

What are you even trying to say about Tommen? He is Joffreys lil brother, Joffrey is already dead, and Tommen had nothing to do with it, what does any of that have to do with the prophecy we were discussing?

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

What are you even trying to say about Tommen? He is Joffreys lil brother, Joffrey is already dead, and Tommen had nothing to do with it, what does any of that have to do with the prophecy we were discussing?

Vanonquar means little brother (or sister).

So is it Cersei? little brother or someone else?

The hound maybe? His life defined by being the little brother.

Edited by hallam
Suggest the hound

35 minutes ago, hallam said:

Vanonquar means little brother (or sister).

So is it Cersei? little brother or someone else?

The hound maybe? His life defined by being the little brother.

The prophecy says Cersei will die at the hands of her volonqar,, her volonqar, no one elses brothers matter.

The mods won't lest me start a thread on this. But I took a look at one of the sites that had pictures from Bran's flashback. 

The bloody hand looks consistent with being in the ToJ. But it doesn't look like it is childbirth. Only the palm is covered, like someone touched a surface covered in blood.

That isn't what happens in childbirth, there is a lot more water than blood. 

It is consistent with a stabbing. Not childbirth.

7 hours ago, hallam said:

The mods won't lest me start a thread on this. But I took a look at one of the sites that had pictures from Bran's flashback. 

The bloody hand looks consistent with being in the ToJ. But it doesn't look like it is childbirth. Only the palm is covered, like someone touched a surface covered in blood.

That isn't what happens in childbirth, there is a lot more water than blood. 

It is consistent with a stabbing. Not childbirth.

That hand the one that is moving, is Neds. It's a bit of a mess in that shot, but Lyanna died of fever in Neds arms. At least that is what we are told. Maybe Ned helped deliver? Who knows? Find out soon enough, by soon enough I mean the next two years, given how long it has been that seems near enough. Maybe even this year.

On 5/31/2016 at 9:29 AM, Morgana Lannister said:

I really, really have a very bad feeling about this episode's new developments with Tommen.  Got this gut feeling that somehow (but no clear idea yet as to how) this is going to lead to his death...  We shall see :)

Well Cersei probably kills him, just a guess, many feel she will blow up KL. Probably goes mad, after being cast down by Marg, and it could be Loras that kills her. He is a little brother after all and her conflict is with the Tyrells. She does not really care about anything else and hasn't for some time.

I thought we saw the High Sparrow in a different light. For a guy that supposedly turns away from power he sure seems to like acquiring it and demonstrating it. He can't be oblivious to the fact he wants to use Tommen to gain power and control. same with Marg. I think Jaime was right about him. He forces people to bend to his will and uses the gods as an excuse. 

Anyone catch the parallel with Jon and Dany in the last two episodes? Jon and Dany are both marching off to take back their family homes from those who betrayed and usurped it from them, while leading an army of raiders. The Dothraki are what they are and so are the Wildlings. People like Tormund a lot but he did kill those defenseless people in that village. They even seem to have a family member with them Sansa and Jon, Dany and Tyrion, Sansa does not exactly know Jon's heritage, and neither does Jon and Tyrion more than likely does not know who he is and neither does Dany.

Very similar. Dany lived with the Dothraki where she fell in Love with Drogo, and Jon lived with the Wildlings where he fell in love Yiggy. Both groups were nomadic and known for raiding. Granted I hate Ramsey more, but Cersei is no picnic. Of course this differs from the books some. Dany has not met Tyrion, Jon has not seen Sansa, and probably won't for a bit. Though I think she comes north with the Vale. Stannis is still alive. etc... But on the show they are essentially doing the same thing which is a regularly occurs in the book. 

3 hours ago, The Greenseer said:

You must be trolling,  I'd like to know what shows you are watching that are better

The Americans, Sherlock, The Night Manager, War and Peace... I also find The Last Kingdom truly entertaining, House of Cards, Daredevil

The writing this season has considerably dropped, the dialogues are unnatural, uninspired and 6 lines into the season there is not a line to remember. Just a lot of killings... It is not the worst TV show, but most certainly isn't the best.

New to this, a youtuber in general. While I enjoyed some moments I felt at times other scenes were long dragged on, for a funny perspective and my live review of this episode click the link below or search for Jonnie the Irish Wildling on youtube, check out my excellent(poor) Dothrak skills in the video and a dry sarcastic outlook from an Irish Wildling on the latest episode, feedback is most welcome:)

1 hour ago, Jonnie_The_Irish_Wildling said:

New to this, a youtuber in general. While I enjoyed some moments I felt at times other scenes were long dragged on, for a funny perspective and my live review of this episode click the link below or search for Jonnie the Irish Wildling on youtube, check out my excellent(poor) Dothrak skills in the video and a dry sarcastic outlook from an Irish Wildling on the latest episode, feedback is most welcome:)

Hi there, there is a link where you can share your fan site on the forum. Tried to put a direct link in but couldn't. Anyway, welcome to the Forums. :)

13 hours ago, hallam said:

No, the prophecy is ambiguous.

About the Frog’s prophecy. I’ve always thought it obviously means Cersei’s little brother, nobody else’s. Any other meaning would be too general, too vague (and not so sinister) because too many people are somebody’s little brothers. (For example: “And then the son shall choke you”: should she think that’s some other’s son, not hers? A Son of the Harpy, maybe? The Sun’s son? Some son of the wh..?) This prediction was about Cersei, about her future husband, sons etc. Yes, I agree, there’s a little ambiguity (GRRM is GRRM, after all): the valonqar, not your valonqar. But it only adds darkness to the foretelling. In the beginning the reader doesn’t know what this word means, exactly. I’m sure these quotes appeared here many times but it’s such a pleasure to reread them (and I’m sure they do have connection with Cersei’s story in Season 6). Martin prefers to do it subtle:

Spoiler

from Cersei’s chapters (Feast)

My children will be safe, Tommen’ s throne will be secure, and my twisted little valonqar will be short a head and rotting.

It is blood I need, not water. Tyrion’ s blood, the blood of the valonqar.

“I bring you justice. I bring you the head of your valonqar.”

The old Valyrian word sent a chill through her, though it also gave her a tingle of hope. “The Imp is no longer my brother, if he ever was,” she declared. “Nor will I say his name. It was a proud name once, before he dishonored it.”

“In Tyrosh we name him Redhands, for the blood running from his fingers. A king’s blood, and a father’s. Some say he slew his mother too, ripping his way from her womb with savage claws.”

The old woman was not done with her, however. “Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds,” she said. “And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.”

“What is a valonqar? Some monster?” The golden girl did not like that foretelling.

[with Taena Merryweather]

“The maegi. ” The words came tumbling out of her. She could still hear Melara Hetherspoon

insisting that if they never spoke about the prophecies, they would not come true. She was not so silent in the well, though. She screamed and shouted. “Tyrion is the valonqar, ” she said. “Do you use that word in Myr? It’s High Valyrian, it means little brother. ” She had asked Septa Saranella about the word, after Melara drowned.

And yes, Cersei’s sure it’s Tyrion but it’s probably Jaime. In the books the twins are gradually drifting apart, I think it’s one of the most intricate and impressive storylines in the saga, but in the show we haven’t even heard (in s4ep10) these famous Tyrion’s words about Lancel, one of the Kettles and the Moon Boy (when Tyrion speaks with Jaime in the tunnels). I’m not the first who thinks that in Season 6 Jaime is not developing at all (yet). But if GRRM plans to make him Cersei’s killer then I expect that it somehow should be the case in the show, too. Probably not this season, though. This season’s KL is a long, long preparation for the trial, the riot, the explosion, whatever. I’m glad that in this episode we’ve seen at least some movement.

6 hours ago, Ser Creighton said:

That hand the one that is moving, is Neds. It's a bit of a mess in that shot, but Lyanna died of fever in Neds arms. At least that is what we are told. Maybe Ned helped deliver? Who knows? Find out soon enough, by soon enough I mean the next two years, given how long it has been that seems near enough. Maybe even this year.

Well it isn't a fever. So Ned lied.

But I think it almost certain book Ned was born on Dragonstone. AA is born in salt and smoke. The Kingsguard are just at the ToJ en route to escape to Dorne. Whether the mother was Elia or Jon, the prophecy is a better guide than what folk are meant to read into the text.

So I think we might find out what happens in the ToJ this season. But it won't actually tell us who Jon's mother is, only how Lyanna died. I think we will get 'promise me Ned' but not the promise this season. And then a lot of bookreaders will spend ten months lording it over the unsullied because they 'know' the answer. And then they will find out they are wrong because the obvious answer never turns out to be the right answer.

5 hours ago, Ser Creighton said:

Well Cersei probably kills him, just a guess, many feel she will blow up KL. Probably goes mad, after being cast down by Marg, and it could be Loras that kills her. He is a little brother after all and her conflict is with the Tyrells. She does not really care about anything else and hasn't for some time.

I thought we saw the High Sparrow in a different light. For a guy that supposedly turns away from power he sure seems to like acquiring it and demonstrating it. He can't be oblivious to the fact he wants to use Tommen to gain power and control. same with Marg. I think Jaime was right about him. He forces people to bend to his will and uses the gods as an excuse. 

The prophecy uses the definite article but not the possessive. It is the valonquar. Not 'a valonquar' or 'your valonquar'. Maybe we find out that the word means a little more.

The High Sparrow is definitely doing an Ayatollah Khomenei bit. He was a power mad cleric who clothed his ambition in fake piety. The reason for the invasion of the US embassy in Iran was that the CIA had hired Khomenei to organize the demonstrations that brought down Mossadegh in the '53 coup. Khomenei was worried the CIA might have kept records and he wanted it all destroyed. Of course the irony was that the CIA had no institutional memory of what they had done only 26 years earlier and so nobody warned Carter that letting the Shah come to the US for medical treatment would be misinterpreted as plotting another coup.

What I think Cersei has missed is that while she may have decided that eliminating the High Sparrow is her top priority, Margery has not. Margery definitely wants to get Loras safe. But her end game is to utterly destroy Cersei. 

Much more of a build up episode than the dramatic episodes recently. Not sure about a couple of the stories. I'm sure all the big female characters in King's Landing have something up their sleeves. I want Arya to go back to how she was in the early series, but her story in Braavos has dragged on so long it seems a waste for her turning back on it now. Quick Review of the episode. https://www.the-newshub.com/film-and-tv/game-of-thrones-season-2-episode-6-blood-of-my-blood-review

11 hours ago, hallam said:

Well it isn't a fever. So Ned lied.

But I think it almost certain book Ned was born on Dragonstone. AA is born in salt and smoke. The Kingsguard are just at the ToJ en route to escape to Dorne. Whether the mother was Elia or Jon, the prophecy is a better guide than what folk are meant to read into the text.

So I think we might find out what happens in the ToJ this season. But it won't actually tell us who Jon's mother is, only how Lyanna died. I think we will get 'promise me Ned' but not the promise this season. And then a lot of bookreaders will spend ten months lording it over the unsullied because they 'know' the answer. And then they will find out they are wrong because the obvious answer never turns out to be the right answer.

The prophecy uses the definite article but not the possessive. It is the valonquar. Not 'a valonquar' or 'your valonquar'. Maybe we find out that the word means a little more.

The High Sparrow is definitely doing an Ayatollah Khomenei bit. He was a power mad cleric who clothed his ambition in fake piety. The reason for the invasion of the US embassy in Iran was that the CIA had hired Khomenei to organize the demonstrations that brought down Mossadegh in the '53 coup. Khomenei was worried the CIA might have kept records and he wanted it all destroyed. Of course the irony was that the CIA had no institutional memory of what they had done only 26 years earlier and so nobody warned Carter that letting the Shah come to the US for medical treatment would be misinterpreted as plotting another coup.

What I think Cersei has missed is that while she may have decided that eliminating the High Sparrow is her top priority, Margery has not. Margery definitely wants to get Loras safe. But her end game is to utterly destroy Cersei. 

So Ned lied? Hahahaha, maybe, books and show, who knows.

The Mother was Elia or Jon? What? Jon's a mother? Who knew?

Ummm I am a book reader, and I don't lord it over anyone. I will compare the show and the books from time to time, and I look at the changes. I think they are different animals for the most part. Similar but different. I lord things over fellow book readers more often than show readers that's for sure. A lot the more subtle stuff the show does is actually based off book themes, or ideas, a lot of time my fellow book worms don't pick up on it in the books or the show. So you know, doesn't really matter what anyone thinks.The books and the show ask you to question lots of things, but only you have the right answers for you. Story, theme, and motivation. Story is the story but motivation and theme are open to interpretation. 

Ok so the Valonquar is really up in the air. Jaimie has one hand and is gone, Tyrion is way gone, you got Kevin(Little Brother), Loras, The Hound, maybe the sparrows will be named the little brothers of the poor so they all count. Who knows? It's usually not the most obvious person, kind of like with Joff. A lot of people wanted Sansa to get him, or Arya, or any Stark really. But they never got that revenge. Which is kind of a good thing actually.

Your right the Sparrow is the Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla. No wonder I hate him so much. God he is such a phony, "oh let me take advantage of this puppet like child. Oh you don't agree with me? Time to torture you. Do you see it my way yet?"

As for Cersei I am not sure what is going on with her on the show. She is keeping this one close to the chest. She seems very confident in what she is doing. Go on now Jaime, go lead an army, I'll be fine. Conflict with Marg and Tommen is not only easily manipulated but taking a side against her.  She currently has the mountain and the mad scientist as her allies.

Marg has Tommen, her family, the High Sparrow, the people, pretty much all the cards.

Cersei can either poison everyone, or make something go boom.