Does anyone else think that D&D is setting up a Bran/Meera pairing? I know in the books Bran has a crush on Meera despite a significant age gap. However, this is much less apparent on the show due to Ellie's youthful looks. I thought the chemistry between Issac and Ellie was great last night, I wonder if it's something D&D will take advantage of in the show.

14 minutes ago, JonNoMore said:

Does anyone else think that D&D is setting up a Bran/Meera pairing? I know in the books Bran has a crush on Meera despite a significant age gap. However, this is much less apparent on the show due to Ellie's youthful looks. I thought the chemistry between Issac and Ellie was great last night, I wonder if it's something D&D will take advantage of in the show.

Is there not a chance that they could be related?

There's nothing said that only one child was taken from the TOJ. Meera looks like Jon after all. 

4 hours ago, JonNoMore said:

Well I have been hoping they might end up paired up although it probably sounds more like fanfiction that the real thing so I certainly wouldn't mind it if it happen.  However, I think his arc is going to be the strangest one in the series so I think that might have more of a negative impact on his ability to hook up with someone that his disability (despite what Ned told him) but I wouldn't totally discount the possibility that there might be romance at some point between those two.

6 minutes ago, ZiemowitP said:

Did Cerci just loose the last child? Seems like the little brother will be introduced pretty soon.

I really, really have a very bad feeling about this episode's new developments with Tommen.  Got this gut feeling that somehow (but no clear idea yet as to how) this is going to lead to his death...  We shall see :)

10 hours ago, Ross2013 said:

I think LSH is fine in the books, if for no other reason the epilogue in SoS.  I agree that she doesn't really fit in the show.  Jaime and Brienne are about to find themselves on opposite sides (again) all on their own.  He couldn't beat her with two hands, so....

Well, he has Bronn which could even the odds in Jaime's favor.

12 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

I really, really have a very bad feeling about this episode's new developments with Tommen.  Got this gut feeling that somehow (but no clear idea yet as to how) this is going to lead to his death...  We shall see :)

I thought the prophecy rather suggested that Tommen would strangle her to death after being zombified by the WW. But D&D seem to be setting things up for Tommen to get knifed this season so that we can have Cersei going nuts in the next.

Also, will be interesting to see if we hear that there will be a full season 8. If it is going to happen, it will happen soon. D&D must have worked out the plot outlines through to the end of the series. If they need more time, they can get it. It is not like they are hurting for cash and it is not like there will be many characters left. 

6 minutes ago, hallam said:

I thought the prophecy rather suggested that Tommen would strangle her to death after being zombified by the WW. But D&D seem to be setting things up for Tommen to get knifed this season so that we can have Cersei going nuts in the next.

Also, will be interesting to see if we hear that there will be a full season 8. If it is going to happen, it will happen soon. D&D must have worked out the plot outlines through to the end of the series. If they need more time, they can get it. It is not like they are hurting for cash and it is not like there will be many characters left. 

Oh, there seems there is still an awful lot to wrap up if there is only one more season left, hoping for 2 but I think I heard somewhere that they had decided that next season is the last...

2 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Oh, there seems there is still an awful lot to wrap up if there is only one more season left, hoping for 2 but I think I heard somewhere that they had decided that next season is the last...

Last announcement was that there will be a season 8 but with only 4 episodes.

3 hours ago, hallam said:

The prophecy stated she would have three children, they would all have golden shrouds(death shrouds) and that the volonqar(sp?) would kill her, and that word, while spelled wrong, means little brother. The question has always been, Jaime or Tyrion. Cersei was born first so technically Jaime is also Cersei's little brother despite being twins. 

9 hours ago, RadSam said:

I don't buy that. Everyone seems to have gone mad on the idea that Bran can/has influenced everything. Bran has seen what his influence does. He's not likely to do that again.

Not to mention the fact that influencing Hodor that way was extremely difficult--a number of things came together in ways that'd be hard to reproduce even if he wanted to do so, and I think you're right that he would not want to. I'm not even sure Bran would know exactly how he did it. In order for it to happen we had to have: Hodor and Bran together in both present and past; a massive external crisis that Bran isn't consciously aware of, but which he's hearing; and, most likely, a link between Bran and Hodor established by Bran previously warging into Hodor. I don't think Bran would want to risk repeating that, given that it might turn Jaime or Aerys into a blathering wreck, but I also don't think he could do it even if he wanted to. I don't think the 3EC was telling him he couldn't change things to be obfuscatory--I think he genuinely didn't think it was possible. Bran warging into Hodor created some kind of link between them, though, and so in this one case, because of the massive crisis happening while Bran isn't really conscious AND while Bran is with Hodor in both the present and the past, the past gets changed. Seems like a one-time thing for lots and lots of reasons. 

1 hour ago, hallam said:

Last announcement was that there will be a season 8 but with only 4 episodes.

I actually don't believe there have been any official announcements regarding future seasons.  I remember someone associated with the show, I'm not sure if it was D&D or Cogman, saying they thought they had 13 Episodes left.  If there's been anything  announced beyond that I completely missed it.

4 hours ago, dbunting said:

The prophecy stated she would have three children, they would all have golden shrouds(death shrouds) and that the volonqar(sp?) would kill her, and that word, while spelled wrong, means little brother. The question has always been, Jaime or Tyrion. Cersei was born first so technically Jaime is also Cersei's little brother despite being twins. 

And Tommen would be Joffrey's what?

The obvious solution is Tyrion but there always has to be a twist. So either it is someone else's little brother or sister - Jon, Tommen... or Cersei beggs Tyrion to kill her to stop the WWs getting her or something.

Another theory is that Arya is the Valonquar. 

3 hours ago, Juan_Snow said:

I actually don't believe there have been any official announcements regarding future seasons.  I remember someone associated with the show, I'm not sure if it was D&D or Cogman, saying they thought they had 13 Episodes left.  If there's been anything  announced beyond that I completely missed it.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/game-of-thrones-end-date-season-8-1201752746/

It was an interview in Variety. It certainly isn't fixed yet and may be a negotiating position.

9 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Well I have been hoping they might end up paired up although it probably sounds more like fanfiction that the real thing so I certainly wouldn't mind it if it happen.  However, I think his arc is going to be the strangest one in the series so I think that might have more of a negative impact on his ability to hook up with someone that his disability (despite what Ned told him) but I wouldn't totally discount the possibility that there might be romance at some point between those two.

I think if they do pair up, it could be done well if it's not overly romanticised. It would be the only Stark/anyone pairing that would have any groundwork laid out before and therefore make sense. I think if D&D were heading in this direction, we should expect to see more Bran-Meera moments in the following episodes.

14 hours ago, JonNoMore said:

I hope not. Just because two characters travel together, and the actors have chemistry, it doesn't mean they're going to end up together. Game of Thrones isn't a love story.

39 minutes ago, RadSam said:

I hope not. Just because two characters travel together, and the actors have chemistry, it doesn't mean they're going to end up together. Game of Thrones isn't a love story.

Game of Thrones is a love story. A love story in which Boy meets girl, girl becomes an ice zombie, girl eats boy's brains.

50 minutes ago, RadSam said:

I don't believe i've said anything about them ending up together, I just said they may be paired up - whether temporarily or permanently (which I think is unlikely), it's difficult to say at this point. Game of Thrones may not be a love story, but it's about love, sex, politics, good vs evil among many other things. In the books, Bran also has a crush on Meera, so I don't think it's far-fetched to think the show is heading in that direction as well.

3 hours ago, JonNoMore said:

I don't believe i've said anything about them ending up together, I just said they may be paired up - whether temporarily or permanently (which I think is unlikely), it's difficult to say at this point. Game of Thrones may not be a love story, but it's about love, sex, politics, good vs evil among many other things. In the books, Bran also has a crush on Meera, so I don't think it's far-fetched to think the show is heading in that direction as well.

But they're already paired up?