You know the thing about his season is they are kind of stalling.

Dany and Meereen. Dany gets the Dothraki, well we knew that one was coming, and it has not gone much past the books. Jorah, not even a real arc.Ā  Ummm Meereen, well not much has happened there, they dumped the siege and Tyrion and Varys talk. We got a red priestess, and an Iron fleet is on the way. Has not actually gone past what was written really. It's different, Tyrion and Dany meet, and well not for very long, but that was expected at some point.

Arya, well they sort of gave us Mercy but sort of broke up the plot. She got some random villain to keep her a bit busy. She wants to leave, that has been the advancement.

Jon is back. Kind of blind if you didn't see that coming. But what is Jon doing? Essentially he got the Stannis plot which was basically scrapped last year.

Brans plot has hardly been on screen but we got Hodor's name, the creation of the others origin story and Bloodraven download. That plot has advanced. A lot.

Sansa, Sansa like Jon basically is playing a different role this season, like last. We got no Vale arc really.

Still waiting for Davos Mel confrontation.

Situation KL is pretty much where it has been fort awhile. Sparrow is taking power, Tommen is a putz, Marg is playing the game, Cersei is a time bomb.

Jaime finally got to the Riverlands, book 4.

The Hound is back, well not much different than the books. Though they just came out and said who he was. BwB plot? Well that's not really from the books and seems like filler, sort of like Arya and the Waif, Jon and Sansa, or Varys and Tyrion walking around Meereen.

The story has not advanced all that much, in some story arcs this season, rather it's filler. Some arcs are actually behind, like the riverlands and the hound. Some plots were cut but then replaced with different characters doing the same arc.

The did the Tower of Joy... sort of. That was from book one. We have seen some plot advancement in certain arcs like Bran, some filler in other arcs, some getting back to the books which has taken them backwards in the timeline, and some characters being blended into other roles and stories. Feels a bit like some stalling here.

Ā 

Lyanna Badass baby girl Mormont..! Did we see a glimpse of what her namesake Lyanna Stark was? Did Sansa introduce her for the sake of it or was it foreshadowing the famous hype! What is dead may never die but come back in the form Ā a namesake? :D She has more balls than entire westros put together!!

I have been very hard on Sansa but with the way the show is portraying Jon, I don't blame her one bit for writing that letter to whoever the hell she wrote it to... Ā Where is Jon's fire? Ā Where's his leadership? Ā Taking command? Ā Like when he took over the watch during the battle for castle black... Ā Like when re recruited men for the raid on the mutineers? Ā Like when re rallied the wildlings at Hardhome? Ā Why not go around preaching about the WW's coming? Ā Why so fucking quiet? Ā Why Davos has to be the only one with any fucking sense or fire in his belly? Ā Jon's character has regressed and the shit is dumb. Now he doesn't even want to try to rally the Cerwyns or Manderlys... Ā Sansa please help this damn fool because he sure ain't coming across as the King in the North I expected him to be...

7 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I have been very hard on Sansa but with the way the show is portraying Jon, I don't blame her one bit for writing that letter to whoever the hell she wrote it to... Ā Where is Jon's fire? Ā Where's his leadership? Ā Taking command? Ā Like when he took over the watch during the battle for castle black... Ā Like when re recruited men for the raid on the mutineers? Ā Like when re rallied the wildlings at Hardhome? Ā Why not go around preaching about the WW's coming? Ā Why so fucking quiet? Ā Why Davos has to be the only one with any fucking sense or fire in his belly? Ā Jon's character has regressed and the shit is dumb. Now he doesn't even want to try to rally the Cerwyns or Manderlys... Ā Sansa please help this damn fool because he sure ain't coming across as the King in the North I expected him to be...

Exactly.Ā 

22 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Death isn't what it used to be.

yeah the multitude of fake out deaths, near-fatal injuries whichĀ characters pull through and resurrections in ASOIAF have found its way into the show finally.

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Ser Creighton said:

The story has not advanced all that much, in some story arcs this season, rather it's filler. Some arcs are actually behind, like the riverlands and the hound. Some plots were cut but then replaced with different characters doing the same arc.

Ā 

Yeah, it's really confusing to me.

D&D keep on saying there will only be about 13Ā episodes after Season 6. If that's true, why all this filler?

Why even introduce things like Euron, Dorne, and the siege of Riverrun?

What are the heck are they doing?

CouldĀ the story be... closer to the finish line than any of us think?

4 minutes ago, shankari said:

Lyanna Badass baby girl Mormont..! Did we see a glimpse of what her namesake Lyanna Stark was? Did Sansa introduce her for the sake of it or was it foreshadowing the famous hype! What is dead may never die but come back in the form Ā a namesake? :D She has more balls than entire westros put together!!

I think Lyanna Mormont is my new favorite character.

9 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Death kinda has its toll on people

2 minutes ago, draft0 said:

Ā 

D&D keep on saying there will only be about 13Ā episodes after Season 6. If that's true, why all this filler?

What are the heck are they doing?

CouldĀ the story be... closer to the finish line than any of us think?

Ā 

It seems like filler, and some of it is, but think about how people are finally starting to come together after seasons of being thrown apart. Sansa with Jon, Theon with Yara (headed for Dany), Jamie and Brienne (next week). Cersei telling Olenna that they have to work together. Jon and Davos telling Lady Lyanna that they have to work together. Jon and Tormud telling the wildlings that THEY HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER. The Hound alive and Arya presumably returning to Westeros. They have to explain how this happens. It can't all be a happy accident. Eventually all of these morons will have to work together to fight the WW, so they have to move sometime.

1 hour ago, Joao said:

You're *

Doh! Ā 

You have two posts and one of them is this.. for all the good you contributedĀ I might as well rejoin Facebook and read what utter nonsense people say on that.

This whole thread has been one big ball of poop. I'm pretty sure I lost brain cells just reading it.

Edited by The Great and Mighty Poo
For context he/she corrected a random not me.

So did anyone else notice the link between the whole "there's a reason you're still alive" conversation and the fact that Sandor already survived a trial by combat against the BWB (who he's now pitted against). Ā I feel like there's a twist in there somewhere.

4 hours ago, Darksky said:

No Daenerys and no Tyrion. Insta great ep.

The North telling it like it is. Starks have been acting dumb for a long time. Thousands perished for Robb's horny ass. Why would anyone want to rally for them? Martin went full fanservice with hisĀ The North Remembers crap.

Ā 

Your dumb statement is dumb. The North remembers is a statement about how they remember the atrocities that the Boltons and Freys commited against their kin. They want revenge for the red wedding. They all lost relatives there. Of course, they'd want to go kill Boltons and Freys.

Like Wyman agreedĀ to join Stannis and the Starks because the Freys and Boltons murdered his son.Ā 

The Mormonts join Stannis because he liberated Deepwood Motte and because the Freys and Boltons murdered the heir of Bear Island, Dacey Mormont.Ā 

The Glovers join Stannis because he liberated Deepwood Motte.

Only half the Umbers join Stannis because they're holding the Greatjon captive. If the Freys didn't hold themĀ all of them would join Stannis because the Boltons and Freys killedĀ Umber men and the Smalljon.

No one blames Robb.They blame the Boltons and Freys because they're the ones that killed their kin.

Night work is not knight's work," Lady Dustin said. "And Lord Wyman is not the only man who lost kin at your Red Wedding, Frey. Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the Greatjon, he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them, as Lady Hornwood ate her fingers. Flints, Cerwyns, Tallharts, Slates ā€¦ they all had men with the Young Wolf."
:House Ryswell too," said Roger Ryswell.
"Even Dustins out of Barrowton." Lady Dustin parted her lips in a thin, feral smile. "The north remembers, Frey."
Ā 
Ā 
Edited by Lord_Ravenstone

3 hours ago, Ser Creighton said:

Yes, yes she did, so I took out the trash, walked the dog, and finished the dishes. duty sucks. Maybe I will get sex as a reward. Nope, nope, she's reading, I guess I'll just play with the light switch till she gets mad.

Well played, sir.Ā  Well played.

Why do men get married, again?

3 hours ago, Prince of Dragonstone said:

It is much more realistic that some, if not many, of the Northern Houses would be at least skeptical towards the remaining Starks, especially when their army, as paltry as it is, is manned with Wildlings. The North have been giving battle to the Wildlings since the Wall went up a thousand years ago.Ā 

D&D went in a more reality-based direction with this and its really for the better. The remaining Starks should earn loyalty, not demand it simply by honor and blood-right. Those principles have been thrown out the window in the Seven Kingdoms as of late. Only might makes right in a wartorn country and they need more soldiers.

After Sansa realizes that honor will not save the day she rightfully is deciding to make moves on her own. Ned and Jon's honorable ways did not work in the past and got them both dead. Through being exposed to the machinations of the royal court at King's Landing and the tutelage of Littlefinger, Sansa is learning how to tread the grayer paths of life. She doesn't want to die like the rest of her family members who did the honorable thing.Ā 

Okay tell me again, why the North would stick with the family that off'd their kin at the Red Wedding?

Robb Stark isn't the only guy that died there, you know

3 hours ago, lancerman said:

Agree to disagree. If the Northerners all rallied around the Starks just because of their name after EVERYTHING that happened, it would be cheating to help the good guys. The Starks burned the Northerners. There is no reason to join up with them besides pure sentimentality. That's just not good enough anymore.

Hello? Earth to lancer. The Boltons literally betrayed the Northerners and killed their family. In the show, it's not even a secret making it even worse and there has been absolutely no mention of captives thus far.

The North Forgot

Seriously people are complaining that Arya should be dead from injuries which aren't necessarily fatal even in the real world when Theon and Sansa jumped from a ten-storey-building-height into like one inch of snow and were no worse for wear? I don't think I saw much discussion about that.

3 hours ago, lancerman said:

LOL. Am I wrong though? If the Red Wedding never happens, how does it end in anything but the Starks completely undermanned and outflanked on both sides. The only ways it ends at that point is Robb surrenders and the Starks lose all power forever, Robb decides to fight a prolonged losing battle that gets everyone killed and rips the North apart. Or someone says "you know what, this idiot just fucked us lets get out while we still can and save our own skin". Which is what Roose did in the most screwed way imaginable.

You are wrong actually because Tywin Lannister dies soon after, Euron invades the Reach, Aegon invades the Stormlands and Cersei empowers theĀ Faith against her