Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Margaery's, presumably?  She's definitely the star of KL at this point, and Dormer's been great.

Marge isn't going to set off the nuke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't around to watch with everyone but a few thoughts.

Lady Mormont absolutely killed it.  Loved seeing the Hound again.  Ian McShane is still amazing (and still has the best voice of any living actor--seriously, it's like chocolate-covered thunder).  They got the gist of Jamie-Blackfish right, though I wish they would have had the whole conversation, given that the episode was about 10 minutes too short.  Dany feels increasingly disconnected from the central plot, which I find odd considering this whole season is one long setup for her return to Westeros.  The whole King's Landing plot is dragging on, and I wish they'd just turn the damned Mountain loose already.  The RIverlands is another Bronn-Jamie buddy cop situation, but hopefully they do better than they did in Dorne.  Speaking of Dorne, where the f*ck is everyone from there?  

Easily line of the week: "There's a reason you're still here." "Aye, there's a reason; I'm a big f*cker and I'm tough to kill."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Marge isn't going to set off the nuke.

Of course, just saying it consolidates her as the Tyrell foil for both Cersei and the HS.  Further, I'm not sure we'll be seeing any nuking this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

overall decent episode, but I would have liked  the Sandor stuff to be more spread out,  the episodes seem to be getting  a bit shorter, so adding a couple  minutes of Sandor and the Septon just hanging around and helping people out. Would have made the attack better imo.

 

WTF  was up with that Arya scene. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arya Gendry said:

I thought it was good. Lots of plot lines advanced, which is my hope every week. 

Previews: Damn it, Larry!! You're going to fight Brienne for CAROL? So, so wrong.

Seemed like the opposite. 

 

Nothing really happened. 

 

I mean Jaime is in the Riverlands now and the Starks got 400 extra men.

 

Arya should be dead but we all know she won't be. The Hound is alive but he's just another subplot that's going to go kill BwB guys so I can't see how that's important.

And the KL plot isn't really advancing. It's nearly in stand still

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

On the magic travels:  as a book reader I was inclined to think it was ridiculous - and they thoroughly jumped the shark with it this episode.  But I really don't have much of a problem with it.  You could make an argument this episode had its own sped up timeline:  Jaime marching to Riverrun with an army; Jon crisscrossing from (presumably) the gift, to Bear Island, to Deepwood Motte, and back to the Gift; and Asha/Theon getting to Volantis.  Of course, such an argument is a house of cards that will crumble the next time we see Daenerys and/or Tyrion wherein nothing has happened.

Anywho, the point is most of the episode was written in the interest of advancing the story.  Thus, they went fast.  Like, Ricky Bobby fast.  Considering the alternative is a bunch of travelogue BS or outright waiting to continue the various plots, I'm willing to suspend disbelief.  My formative years as a WWF fan taught me how.  If you're not willing to do so, that's fine.  I refer you to the R&R thread.

Thank you. I really, REALLY, don't want to watch Sansa, Jon, and Davos riding through the North trying to make small talk a la Tyrion/Missandei/Grey Worm. There's limited time. I want action and answers, regardless of the ridiculous timeline.Consistency would be nice, but I've learned to temper my expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not immediatelly dying from a stab wound or infection is questioned (Arya)

Immediatelly dying from a stab wound is questioned (Roose)

Sansa doubting Davos and his agenda is questioned

People questioning Davos and his agenda in ep 1/2/3..

just eloel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to writ about Arya easily getting stabbed because I've seen people criticise this part for some reason. Arya gets stabbed immediately as she turns around. There was no time for her even think. It's obvious to us because we're watching the show and we saw the old lady longer than Arya did. And obviously for Arya to get back to Westeros she has to get out and talk to people, and especially trust someone even a little bit. She has to take risks somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Arya should be dead but we all know she won't be.

Are you sure?

After all, this season is all about Dead Starks Walking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Darksky said:

Not immediatelly dying from a stab wound or infection is questioned (Arya)

Immediatelly dying from a stab wound is questioned (Roose)

Sansa doubting Davos and his agenda is questioned

People questioning Davos and his agenda in ep 1/2/3..

just eloel

 

people questioned Hotah dying from one stab wound too.  I just thought the whole scene was weird though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arya Gendry said:

Thank you. I really, REALLY, don't want to watch Sansa, Jon, and Davos riding through the North trying to make small talk a la Tyrion/Missandei/Grey Worm. There's limited time. I want action and answers, regardless of the ridiculous timeline.Consistency would be nice, but I've learned to temper my expectations.

If we didn't see them in the process of rallying the forces, people would complain about them cutting corners/stuff happening off screen for convenience/things being rushed. You can't have it both ways.

Complaints when an episode is fast-paced, complaints when an episode is a set up. Complaints when we see something on screen, complaints when it happens off screen. Just damned if it does, damned if it doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Seemed like the opposite. 

 

Nothing really happened. 

 

I mean Jaime is in the Riverlands now and the Starks got 400 extra men.

 

Arya should be dead but we all know she won't be. The Hound is alive but he's just another subplot that's going to go kill BwB guys so I can't see how that's important.

And the KL plot isn't really advancing. It's nearly in stand still

You think? 

Margery revealed that she's not brainwashed (we all guessed it, I'm sure, but there was confirmation). And, Cersei asked for help but was told that she's pretty much on her own.

Edmure isn't a hostage and the Blackfish set the stage for battle.

Jon has an army and is headed for battle but it looks like the going will be tough. And new interaction with some lesser houses.

Yara moving to get Dany.

Arya...I don't know. There has to be an end game but this was a cliff hanger.

And the Hound. He's in or near the North, it would seem, alive and striking out on his own. For someone who's been "dead" for almost 2 seasons, that's quite a leap forward. I would have to guess he's going to run into someone soon, be it Sansa, Arya, or LSH. 

Not trying to be argumentative, but there was a lot of information. Not a ton of action, but I feel like we learned a lot that we'll need to know going forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly only wanted more Ian McShane. That man does it for me. Probably never watch an episode of GoT before signing up, and he nailed it like he helped create the world. 

Im interested to see what they're to do with all of these armies in the North and Riverlands, and I want to see if the WW get through this season. 

 

Also, WHERE IS THE FUCKING SNOW IN THE RIVERLANDS AND IN KING'S LANDING! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Margaery's, presumably?  She's definitely the star of KL at this point, and Dormer's been great.

I'm afraid she's a goner. That flower drawing she gave to QoT is a moment of foreshadowing. She's on a kamikaze mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish I could convince myself Arya is in danger, but it's not gonna happen. If she was dead, she'd already be dead. Not stumbling around Braavos.

Good thing this is one of the rare FM failures! Good thing the waif didn't go for her heart or throat! Or pursue her at all! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fox of House McCloud said:

Wish I could convince myself Arya is in danger, but it's not gonna happen. If she was dead, she'd already be dead. Not stumbling around Braavos.

Death isn't what it used to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Death isn't what it used to be.

D&D figured out a way to get those classic shocks without actually killing the character! The kind of revolutionary changes that GRRM has yet to start using.

I'll be honest, at this point, I'm half expecting that she'll just happen to come across Syrio, who's actually alive and he'll nurse her back to health. It makes no sense but that hasn't really stopped the show before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fox of House McCloud said:

D&D figured out a way to get those classic shocks without actually killing the character! The kind of revolutionary changes that GRRM has yet to start using.

I'll be honest, at this point, I'm half expecting that she'll just happen to come across Syrio, who's actually alive and he'll nurse her back to health. It makes no sense but that hasn't really stopped the show before.

You don't just nurse someone with those injuries back to health, not even in the best hospital in the world, and not in time for super parkour ninja next episode.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×