3 minutes ago, finnegan_stark said:

I get it everyone: Loyalty and honor is for suckers. The Starks are stupid and deserve everything they get. So could you just kill them all and be done with it? Stop prolonging it!

I can't wait until Jon finds out he's a Targaryen and gets to ditch these losers.

3 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

In next week’s preview we see Super Arya doing her parkour high jumps — despite having last seen her at death's doorstep with her guts carved up.  That means she was not only healed but also turned into some sort of super-powered version of her former self.

There’s only one possible way for any of that to happen: magic.

Didn't you hear the magical Faceless Man theme playing as she was stumbling through the crowd?

An odd thing for a man to do, but there is no other way.

or there's more to tonight's Arya's scene than meets the eye. The ep description says 'Arya makes a plan'. If it was just to get a ride back to Westeros it'd be lame.

Maybe there's more at play here. Last time we saw her she had Needle and was hiding. This time she's walking around in broad daylight, with no Needle and no care in the world. hmm

2 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Your forgetting about the shows many telleporter devices.  It's important not to forget about those. Afterall Baelish can move thousands of miles per day.

If you can't figure out basic stuff like passage of time....

Just now, Darksky said:

or there's more to tonight's Arya's scene than meets the eye. The ep description says 'Arya makes a plan'. If it was just to get a ride back to Westeros it'd be lame.

Maybe there's more at play here. Last time we saw her she had Needle and was hiding. This time she's walking around in broad daylight, with no Needle and no care in the world. hmm

I thought this scene had a weird vibe to it. She seemed very calm which seemed off since when we last saw her she was preparing for a fight. 

4 minutes ago, Darksky said:

If you can't figure out basic stuff like passage of time....

Yes, because 1 character moving thousands of miles in the same amount of time another character does not move at all or moves hundreds of miles is the passage of time... get a grip dude. Look at a map and if you can't use a ruler, use your finger.

Edited by aryagonnakill#2

1 minute ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Yes, because 1 character moving thousands of miles in the same amount of time another character does not move at all or moves hundreds of miles is the passage of time... get a grip dude. Look at a map and if you can't use a ruler, use your fingure.

If you can't figure out basic stuff like the fact scenes do not happen chronologically or simultaneously...

Edited by Darksky

Just now, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Yes, because 1 character moving thousands of miles in the same amount of time another character does not move at all or moves hundreds of miles is the passage of time... get a grip dude. Look at a map and if you can't use a ruler, use your fingure.

Not all things are happening chronologically in the show. Two scenes in the same episode at King's Landing can take place hours apart while events in the North in the same episode can be weeks apart.

Notice how the Stark's had recruited 2-3 more houses other than the Mormonts? A good amount of time had passed.

1 minute ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Yes, because 1 character moving thousands of miles in the same amount of time another character does not move at all or moves hundreds of miles is the passage of time... get a grip dude. Look at a map and if you can't use a ruler, use your finger.

People move based on what works best for the plot. The show isn't happening in real time. It gets evened out by just accepting not everything is chronological. For as much as people bring up LF, it would be worse if the show dragged everything out for 3 or 4 episodes when LF needs to get somewhere.

Even the books play fast and loose with it sometimes.

1 minute ago, MakeWesterosGreatAgain said:

Not all things are happening chronologically in the show. Two scenes in the same episode at King's Landing can take place hours apart while events in the North in the same episode can be weeks apart.

Notice how the Stark's had recruited 2-3 more houses other than the Mormonts? A good amount of time had passed.

I was not talking about this episode.  LF moved from Gulltown, through unpassable mountains thousands of miles to WF, then thousands of miles to Kings Landing, than a thousand miles to Gulltown, than thousands of miles to Moat Cailin, than passed an unpassable fortress to Moles town, and now back south of the unpassable fortress of Moat Cailin.  The fact is the show lets LF show up where they want.

7 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

The Freys are pretty ridiculous too.

And always have been, chinless urchins forever.  That's the rather the point.  Lord Bloodraven was none too impressed by little Walder Frey when first he met the lad:

His melancholy ponderings were rudely interrupted when a troupe of painted dwarfs came bursting from the belly of a wheeled wooden pig to chase Lord Butterwell’s fool about the tables, walloping him with inflated pig’s bladders that made rude noises every time a blow was struck. It was the funniest thing Dunk had seen in years, and he laughed with all the rest. Lord Frey’s son was so taken by their antics that he joined in, pummeling the wedding guests with a bladder borrowed from a dwarf. The child had the most irritating laugh Dunk had ever heard, a high shrill hiccup of a laugh that made him want to take the boy over a knee or throw him down a well. If he hits me with that bladder, I may do it.

“There’s the lad who made this marriage,” Ser Maynard said as the chinless urchin went screaming past.

Edited by CrypticWeirwood

Not a Bolton apologist, but objectively speaking if Robb had been allowed to continue his campaign, the North would have eventually bled more than it did. No way would he have succeeded considering his incompetence and inadequate resources, his entire army would have been obliterated anyway and then Lannisters would have invaded the North. The Boltons brokered a peace treaty with the Crown.

On the magic travels:  as a book reader I was inclined to think it was ridiculous - and they thoroughly jumped the shark with it this episode.  But I really don't have much of a problem with it.  You could make an argument this episode had its own sped up timeline:  Jaime marching to Riverrun with an army; Jon crisscrossing from (presumably) the gift, to Bear Island, to Deepwood Motte, and back to the Gift; and Asha/Theon getting to Volantis.  Of course, such an argument is a house of cards that will crumble the next time we see Daenerys and/or Tyrion wherein nothing has happened.

Anywho, the point is most of the episode was written in the interest of advancing the story.  Thus, they went fast.  Like, Ricky Bobby fast.  Considering the alternative is a bunch of travelogue BS or outright waiting to continue the various plots, I'm willing to suspend disbelief.  My formative years as a WWF fan taught me how.  If you're not willing to do so, that's fine.  I refer you to the R&R thread.

2 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

What plot is furthered by getting the Queen of Thrones—er I mean Thorns—safely out of King’s Landing before the thermonuclear incineration?

Margaery's, presumably?  She's definitely the star of KL at this point, and Dormer's been great.