[Poll] How would you rate episode 605?

Ran

How would you rate episode 605?  

610 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

5 minutes ago, athmystikal said:

8/10

I hated Kingsmoot and the Wall scenes. But the last 20 minutes were good TV. But I must admit I am quite confused about the Hodor paradox. But I am happy that we get an explanation about the origins of White Walkers (Sounds a lot like the Reapers who turned against their creators in Mass Effect (video game)).

mark meer is the prince that was promised!

now i want a white walker version of harbinger

"i know you feel this"

"i am the harbinger of your perfection"

the Kingsmoot and Euron being really disappointing dragged this episode down a bit. So its a 9. If Kingsmoot was better, it would have been a 10. Hodor and the CotF reveal was really something and i know this is GRRM stuff. (giggling at book fans overly salty because they got spoiled hard tonight.) Hodor made me cry really hard. 

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lol.It was probably the most direct from the books episode in a while. 

right, the uncompleted,unreleased book. ok.

Again, you do realize that plot points do not equal a story.

Edited by Darkstream

5/10

If last week showed improvement, this knocked it back down again. Emilia Clarke was really bad in her scene and the teary-eyed goodbye to Jorah had me laughing. Jesus wept, the man’s an obsessed stalker. Arya’s scenes continue to bore: now she’ boxing with the waif! The play was entertaining, but too long, and they’re dragging the life out of this stuff now.

The Kingsmoot was atrocious. From Theon upstaging Yara to Euron arriving like a drunk at a wedding, no charisma or charm, no dragon-horn. Somehow he wins the Kingsmoot, but Yara still has more supporters, enough to steal most of his ships, but it’s okay he’s going to make 1000 more with...what? Jon hasn’t changed at all, the Night’s Watch no longer votes, and Sansa has become yet another cipher in the show bleating about ‘ruvenge’.

The Others reveal...who cares? They’ve created zero tension or mystery surrounding this, nobody in that cave has been established as an interesting, sympathetic character, so why should I care about them dying? The scene where the children ‘create’ the Night’s King looked really cheesy. I wasn't too impressed by the action scene at the end: the Children’s napalm bombs amuse me more than they look cool, Summer’s death was weak and bordering on offensive, the wights are the least threatening things on the planet: one slap, I swear, and they go down.I'm pretty sure Hodor's name-origin will be different in the books. They kinda wasted Sydow. 

I'd give it a 6 which is my highest since Hardhome... which given how terrible the episodes were in between is not saying that much.

Judging purely on the show, I actually think the story-line behind the White Walkers origins and Hodor himself were actually decent, though unlike Hodor's background, the White Walkers origins feels hamfisted.

Well I just realized they got that storyline from the Martin himself but I can't change my score so I in the end my rating would be a 5.

Edited by The Onion Kniggit

33 minutes ago, Sir Drew said:

5/10

If last week showed improvement, this knocked it back down again. Emilia Clarke was really bad in her scene and the teary-eyed goodbye to Jorah had me laughing. Jesus wept, the man’s an obsessed stalker. Arya’s scenes continue to bore: now she’ boxing with the waif! The play was entertaining, but too long, and they’re dragging the life out of this stuff now.

The Kingsmoot was atrocious. From Theon upstaging Yara to Euron arriving like a drunk at a wedding, no charisma or charm, no dragon-horn. Somehow he wins the Kingsmoot, but Yara still has more supporters, enough to steal most of his ships, but it’s okay he’s going to make 1000 more with...what? Jon hasn’t changed at all, the Night’s Watch no longer votes, and Sansa has become yet another cipher in the show bleating about ‘ruvenge’.

The Others reveal...who cares? They’ve created zero tension or mystery surrounding this, nobody in that cave has been established as an interesting, sympathetic character, so why should I care about them dying? The scene where the children ‘create’ the Night’s King looked really cheesy. I wasn't too impressed by the action scene at the end: the Children’s napalm bombs amuse me more than they look cool, Summer’s death was weak and bordering on offensive, the wights are the least threatening things on the planet: one slap, I swear, and they go down.I'm pretty sure Hodor's name-origin will be different in the books. They kinda wasted Sydow. 

excellent post, I especially agree with the bold...actually, yeah, especially everything you said.

Edited by Darkstream

11 hours ago, God-Emperor of Yi Ti said:

the Irony of talking about what constitutes an objective point of view while engaging in trolling.....

How so? Please do explain yourself.

Edited by Darkstream

Still and always some butthurts who rate great episodes with a 1, not that it matters...At all. This was a great episode, from someone who is usually quite critical. An 8 from me.

Edited by Conchobar