[Poll] How would you rate episode 605?

Ran

How would you rate episode 605?  

610 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

12 hours ago, Timett sonof Timett is God said:

didn't mean to offend, I figure if that ending didn't affect people enough to bump it to at least a 5 there's got to be some emotional issues.

I mean why even watch the show if you gave it a 1? A 1 is worse than the big bang theory or 2 and a half men.

I wasn't emotional because they wasted a half an episode and a direwolf on what amounts to an origin story for a b-tier character.  I was insulted.

The show has become completely illogical at this point.  I gave it an 8 because this episode made me realize that these morons aren't spoiling the books for me.  The books that I love will never jump to these completely illogical conclusions and erratic character actions and motivations.

The whole Sansa/Littlefinger scene was nonsense because the arc started with nonsense.  That Littlefinger holds the key to north and simply hands it over to the north's biggest asshats came full circle when Sansa said "either you knew what kind of monster he was or you're stupid" was them writing that they have no idea how they wrote that nonsense in the 1st place.  The show Littlefinger doesn't know why he did it cause he IS fuckin stupid.  Then Sansa being offered an army, her cousins army, to take back Winterfell and turning it down because she's angry at Littlefinger was ridiculous. The Sansa that has learned from Cersei and Littlefinger would've taken that army and fucked over Littlefinger in the end.  

I'm happy today because I know I have great books to read in the future that will look nothing like this drivel.

As for why we continue to watch.  I read an article about it.  It's not hate-watching it's hope-watching.  We watch because we hope one day the light will come on they will finally get it right.  But we are continually disappointed. 

This is my first post! I think it's the best episode so far.. 

Bran storyline was amazing... Poor Hodor :(

Sansa and Jon are going to take the North :)

We had a really good scene with Danerys and Jorah

Arya- I am not a fan of her after she get in thou the house of Black and White but I liked her in this episode 

No Kings Landing - Next week we will see blood in holy places ;)

Kinvara, one step closer to the prophecies

Kingsmoot: No Victarion(even though I am not a great fan of him), no horn, too short...I expected it to take longer to finish... At least we have Theon and Yara* together.. Is the priest of the Drowned God Euron brother?

8 hours ago, fabrik1980 said:

Question to everybody giving every episode 1s: Have any of you ever seen Birdemic: Shock and Terror? THAT is a 1. Yes, yes, opinions differ, yadda yadda. I guess in all your opinions production values are taken for granted and don't factor into ratings anymore.

Imagine The Godfather having shaky camera or bad audio throughout. Would it still be a 10/10 movie? In the same vein nothing deserves a 1/10 when it at least has good cinematography, sound, editing, etc. The production values alone make it a 5/10 by default. The writing and acting determines whether it's higher than that, but it shouldn't drop any lower.

Bottom line: You give it a 1/10, your opinion has no value to me. Go watch Birdemic or some Ed Wood movies if you want to know what "bad" means.

Just more bias drivel ignoring the countless arguments already made to render your assertion invalid.

The fact that you feel the need to post this, speaks against the bolded. 

Edited by Darkstream

So I just watched episode 5 a second time.

That big finale is excellent in a lot of ways. It's very flawed but the good elements do outweigh the problems.

But this brings a false impression of the episode as a whole. Up until the final sequence, every scene is either outright bad (the Kingsmoot and aftermath) or pretty redundant (Sansa and LF or Arya stick fighting yet again or Dany and Jorah) apart from Castle Black, which was okay as an establishing scene for the next phase leading up to Bastardbowl, even if it makes a complete mockery of "The North Remembers"

A good 9.

I watched it with my dad, who doesn't follow the show. I asked him not to talk for that hour, so he read the newspaper while I watched. At the end of the episode I was squeaking and my dad had dropped the paper and we were both watching the screen like in a spell. Amazing.

It had its "not so wow" moments. Daenerys scenes lacked a bit of explanation of how she got the khalassar to follow her (yeah, I know the unburnt excuse, but well, I felt that was a bit simple and rushed). To be honest, despite that, I thought Emilia Clarke was really gorgeous, and I didn't dislike the cheesy scene where Jorah is sent away in a gallant way. Blame on me.

Arya fighting scenes, though well done, they feel repetitive. I liked the theatre scene, but I would have loved to see Arya disguised, as a wink to Mercy.

I didn't quite understood why to introduce in Meereen a red priestess from Volantis. I can't recall people in Meereen were particularly into the Red Lord, and I get the feeling a second (Red) High Sparrow plot arising in Meereen.

The iron born. It was nice the Yara and Theon interaction, Alfie Allen is incredibly talented. I feel disappointed with show Euron. He's not macho brute like Vicky, nor mysterious and savage like bookEuron. But I'm still giving him a chance.

The wall was ok, but I would have just killed Littlefinger there... I'm still not grasping the logic of the show character...

The final was amazing, and yeah, Summer's suicide was a blow, but Bran sacrificing Hodor to save Meera and his own ass was... crude. I loved how the scene was presented. The weirwood with the rocks arranged in a spiral as a sacrifice place gave me the same feeling I had the first time I watched as an unsullied the first scenes of GoT 101. The suspense was awesome.

37 minutes ago, Steelegrave said:

The whole Sansa/Littlefinger scene was nonsense because the arc started with nonsense.  That Littlefinger holds the key to north and simply hands it over to the north's biggest asshats came full circle when Sansa said "either you knew what kind of monster he was or you're stupid" was them writing that they have no idea how they wrote that nonsense in the 1st place.  The show Littlefinger doesn't know why he did it cause he IS fuckin stupid.  Then Sansa being offered an army, her cousins army, to take back Winterfell and turning it down because she's angry at Littlefinger was ridiculous. The Sansa that has learned from Cersei and Littlefinger would've taken that army and fucked over Littlefinger in the end.  

Oh, so much this. I do hope that somehow all his shit is gonna be somehow explained. A girl hopes.

24 minutes ago, Styl7 said:

This is my first post! I think it's the best episode so far.. 

Bran storyline was amazing... Poor Hodor :(

Sansa and Jon are going to take the North :)

We had a really good scene with Danerys and Jorah

Arya- I am not a fan of her after she get in thou the house of Black and White but I liked her in this episode 

No Kings Landing - Next week we will see blood in holy places ;)

Kinvara, one step closer to the prophecies

Kingsmoot: No Victarion(even though I am not a great fan of him), no horn, too short...I expected it to take longer to finish... At least we have Theon and Yara* together.. Is the priest of the Drowned God Euron brother?

Welcome to the forums :cheers:

Yes, Damphair is the Greyjoy kids uncle, but as far as I can remember he's not introduced like that in the show. I don't even recall him being named yet.

9/10

you know what's hilarious? They've pretty much established most/at least more of the show is indeed based off of what GRRM has planned for the books. Curious as to what everyone who is giving the episodes 1's, bitching about the 'fan-fic' writing and direwolf deaths is going to say when it plays out this way when winds actually does come out. Will they say GRRM is a terrible writer too? 

2 minutes ago, johndance said:

9/10

you know what's hilarious? They've pretty much established most/at least more of the show is indeed based off of what GRRM has planned for the books. Curious as to what everyone who is giving the episodes 1's, bitching about the 'fan-fic' writing and direwolf deaths is going to say when it plays out this way when winds actually does come out. Will they say GRRM is a terrible writer too? 

Really?

George wrote Sansa being married and raped by Ramsey?

George wrote Jon being stabbed because he let the wildlings in?

George did that shit to Dorne?

I could go on for fucking days.  You're wrong.

Those fuckups have repercussions through the series that are not going to happen in the books.

9 hours ago, lancerman said:

Sure. But it's one thing to dislike the show on its own merits. Comparing it to the books, especially when we are at a point where people have no idea what's in the books, is not a real legit comparison. 

Its jusy people who did their head in the sand and justify everything they like as GRRM and then call everything they don't a D&D creation. 

Then nitpicks that most people just aren't going to care about. Like how fast LF gets around. 

Right, nothing at all like the fanboys sticking their heads in the sand, denying  the countless flaws and problems with the show. I'm stunned with the amount of hypocritical statements made on this forum defending the show. 

Not to mention the unrelenting strawman arguments. Got is a bad show all on its own, no comparison to the books needed. 

The reason people like what GRRM has created and dislike what D&D do is a lot more strait forward then you make it out to be. GRRM is a good writer, the d's simply are not. Where in lies the talent in writing: the direwolf, against all natural logic and instinct, leaps directly into the center of a group of whytes and gets stabbed fifty times. 

How fucking stupid, my wife's shitzu has a hundred times more the intelligence than Summer. And no, it wasn't a sacrifice to save Bran. It was fucking stupid as hell, and served only to invoke a cheap and unearned emotional response from the audience. And of course,  you all eat it up as great story telling. What a joke. 

35 minutes ago, johndance said:

9/10

Wholly fuck, how many times does this have to be said? Checking off plot points on a list does not equal good story telling. If you've ever read the books, and have a reading comprehension level above that of a fourth grader(something that d&d have confirmed they don't have, with their moronic comments), you wouldn't  be making such a ignorant and simplistic comment. 

Edited by Darkstream

5 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

Right, nothing at all like the fanboys sticking their heads in the sand, denying  the countless flaws and problems with the show. I'm stunned with the amount of hypocritical statements made on this forum defending the show. 

Not to mention the unrelenting strawman arguments. Got is a bad show all on its own, no comparison to the books needed. 

The reason people like what GRRM has created and dislike what D&D do is a lot more strait forward then you make it out to be. GRRM is a good writer, the d's simply are not. Where in lies the talent in writing: the direwolf, against all natural logic and instinct, leaps directly into the center of a group of whytes and gets stabbed fifty times. 

How fucking stupid, my wife's shitzu has a hundred times more the intelligence than Summer. And no, it wasn't a sacrifice to save Bran. It was fucking stupid as hell, and served only to invoke a cheap and unearned emotional response from the audience. And of course,  you all eat it up as great story telling. What a joke. 

C'mon!!!  It was GREAT storytelling to have Leaf literally fall on her grenade....it's not like she could've thrown it??!!

In all seriousness, I find it hard to get anywhere questioning things like people saying those that give 1/10 ratings are trolls, while saying they rated it 10/10 even though it had a few flaws, and then they describe the flaws.  It's a winner-less argument, and this show seems to be a very polarizing one

12 minutes ago, Steelegrave said:

Really?

George wrote Sansa being married and raped by Ramsey?

George wrote Jon being stabbed because he let the wildlings in?

George did that shit to Dorne?

I could go on for fucking days.  You're wrong.

Those fuckups have repercussions through the series that are not going to happen in the books.

bravo

2 minutes ago, dannyk65 said:

C'mon!!!  It was GREAT storytelling to have Leaf literally fall on her grenade....it's not like she could've thrown it??!!

In all seriousness, I find it hard to get anywhere questioning things like people saying those that give 1/10 ratings are trolls, while saying they rated it 10/10 even though it had a few flaws, and then they describe the flaws.  It's a winner-less argument, and this show seems to be a very polarizing one

Yeah, :lmao: I'm sure GRRM will have the COTF using fricken grenades. :rofl: Just more stupid flashy effects to hypnotize the masses into thinking they are watching something good. 

9 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

Yeah, :lmao: I'm sure GRRM will have the COTF using fricken grenades. :rofl: Just more stupid flashy effects to hypnotize the masses into thinking they are watching something good. 

Bran's next flashback to the Tower of Joy will involve light sabers...YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

Or is it going to be a flash forward???  

1 hour ago, dannyk65 said:

Bran's next flashback to the Tower of Joy will involve light sabers...YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

Or is it going to be a flash forward???  

If they remember to show it at all. I sight Cercei's flashback as a precedence. They wasted valuable screen time on her flashback and cut everything in it that had any meaning. What was the point of showing that? Do the unsullied even remember that scene? Are they able to tell me what it meant?  To d&d, the tower of joy was only a chance to show a flashy, ninja style fight. Again all bells and whistles, and no substance. Oh, and to assassinate Ned's character. ( the character that the show itself established in season one. Nothing to do with the book character, for all you with your strawman arguments)

Edited by Darkstream

26 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

Just more stupid flashy effects to hypnotize the masses into thinking they are watching something good. 

So those of us who enjoyed it -and consider it a good show despite the flaws- we are all hypnotized by flashy effects and can't think for ourselves. Good thing your comments enlighten us all. Thank you so much for your consideration -_-

8 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

If they remember to show it at all. I sight Cercei's flashback as a precedence. They wasted valuable screen time on her flashback and cut everything in it that had any meaning. What was the point of showing that? Do the unsullied even remember that scene? Are they able to tell me what it meant?  To d&d, the tower of joy was only a chance to show a flashy, ninja style fight. Again all bells and whistles, and no substance. Oh, and to assassinate Ned's character. ( the character that the show itself established in season one. Nothing to do with the book character, for all you with your straw man arguments)

I really believe that undeserved Emmy gave Tweedle D&D the ego to say they don't have to follow the source material at all.  I also feel that they go out of their way to insult fans of the books that take issue with their nonsensical changes.  'Fuck Aggo' in Ep 4 I know was a direct insult to us.  Also I think the wasteful killing of the direwolves is a childish stab at the fans also used as shock value to incite the ignorant masses.  I don't believe George is going to kill them indiscriminately like that if he kills them at all

Edited by Steelegrave