[Poll] How would you rate episode 605?

Ran

How would you rate episode 605?  

610 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

3 hours ago, Darkstream said:

I am going to post a portion of a previous post of mine here, as it seems it is needed. 

...I've been accused of being a troll several times on these forums, and its pretty ridiculous. I don't want to hate this show. I want this show to be the great, iconic masterpiece that it once showed it had the potential to be. I would love nothing more than to come on here and give Got nothing but high scores and praise. Alas, that is honestly not how I see this show anymore. 

As I've stated several times before, I have absolutely no problem with people coming on here raving about how great Got is and giving high scores to something that I obviously feel doesn't deserve it. I respect your right to your opinion, and your right to rate the show as you please. 

What I ask is for that same respect. My dislike of this show in no way inhibits your ability to enjoy it. I have the same right to come on here and give this show a one, and voice my displeasure with it as you have to give it a ten. Please stop making baseless assumptions about other people's motives, just because you, for some reason, feel threatened because somebody disagrees with you. It would be real nice if I could come onto this public forum to share my opinion without several people calling me a troll, insisting that my opinion isn't valid, and acting like they are the reigning authority on how everybody is supposed to vote. 

You don't get to play the I'm being disrespected card when you accuse people who disagree with you of either not reading the books or having less than a fourth grade reading comprehension.

10 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

And let me just say, Brandon Stark is mentioned half a hundered times in season one and he's even mentioned in season two. I don't usually talk shit about the show, but is it physically painful to be consistent to oneself in writing? 

I know, right?  All the flashback scenes gave the impression that Ned was the eldest Stark boy (i.e. no Brandon).  Why???

Edited by storm.131
typo

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

You don't get to play the I'm being disrespected card when you accuse people who disagree with you of either not reading the books or having less than a fourth grade reading comprehension.

First of all, you don''t get to tell me what I get to do. Secondly, You are making a baseless and false accusation. Show me one post of mine where my point or assertion had anything to do with me having a problem with someone disagreeing with me. You don't seem to understand my argument on this thread at all, Maybe some of my post aren't clear enough, as I get tired of repeating the same thing over and over on the same thread. If so I apologize for that. I will concede that mayhaps my responses to Jondance have been a little harsh, but that's because he made it personal by attacking me the last two weeks with posts that the mods have removed.

JonSnowed

Posted 17 hours ago · Report post

P.s don't feed the trolls they live empty lives and gaining a response from others fuels their self-importance ignore them and they will stop eventually.

...something ....something....first stone...blah...blah

Edited by Darkstream

I gave it a  5. 

Too many things are starting to bother me:

• Little Finger teleporting.
  • Arya defeated the waif when she was blind, but now the waif's power is over 9000. 
  • Sansa asking Brienne to teleport to Riverrun because Ramsay has the magical power to stop all ravens in the north. 
  • Why the hell did Bran go to to the Three-eyed-Raven in the first place? Why is he supposed to replace him? 
  • The Three Eyed Raven knows the whitewalkers are coming for him...so he goes into a flashback with Bran about some unimportant things at Winterfell to set up Hodor's hodoring.
  • Weren't the whitewalkers descending on Westeros? Nope, they are teleporting to Max Von Sydow because his power to show flashback to a cripple is their greatest threat?
  • Wights are now capable of crawling on walls and ceillings like bugs? 
  • Direwolf dies like an idiot.
  • Bran messing up Hodor in the past creates a time paradox which GoT really didn't need ast this point. Things are complicated enough.
  • Melisandre II in Mereen to make the people love the Dragon Queen which isn't even there....We don't care about Mereen. We want Tyrion with Deanerys, not him trying to run GoT's Iraq.
  • Yara and Theon have enough loyal men to steal hundreds of ships? How did Euron even win the Kingsmoot then? 

This was a post of mine from up thread,

It's also worth pointing out that all of you ranting about the majority, are not actually a part of the majority. The majority of people on here giving high scores are explaining what they enjoyed about the show without disrespectfully insulting anyone that doesn't agree with their opinion.

I would add, the majority of you on this thread are not who my posts are intended for, any argumentative or sarcastic comments I've made are directed at the people that refuse to respect the opinions of others.

Edited by Darkstream

18 hours ago, YOVMO said:

The real question isn't what to rate the episode, but whether anyone who really enjoys GoT and asoiaf can ever reasonably be expected to feel happiness again.

IMHO, this is the best comment on this thread yet. :thumbsup: 

And this... :lmao: 

Littlefinger not teleporting. I think what people miss is that Gendry is rowing people all over the place. Killing Tristane in the harbor at Kings Landing, Balish getting around to all corners of the known universe -- pretty much any time someone crosses an absurd amount of time and often under the cover of stealth we have to assume that it is Gendry rowboating them around.

Edited by Darkstream

5 hours ago, YOVMO said:

I find it odd that your natural assumption is that anyone who disagrees with you is a troll. 

disagreeing is the point of the exercise.

However announcing that you in the fullness of thought  voted 1 for an episode where the plurality is at 10 and the average is above 9 makes the case for ignoring your opinion as a  trolling exercise far more succinctly than any counter argument could do...

Edited by God-Emperor of Yi Ti

17 hours ago, SuicideSheep said:

So, there was a scene with a penis of a child ? Or my mind is playing games with me?

Perhaps not. You're right that it wasn't anything like impressive or interesting to look at. It certainly didn't stack up to the racks we've had juggled at us.

Then again, this was an actor playing an actor playing Joffrey: you'd rather expect him to have a littlefinger, you know?

Edited by CrypticWeirwood

27 minutes ago, God-Emperor of Yi Ti said:

However announcing that you in the fullness of thought  voted 1 for an episode where the plurality is at 10 and the average is above 9 makes the case for ignoring your opinion as a  trolling exercise far more succinctly than any counter argument could do...

You have a skewed view of what a troll is, there is nothing inflammatory about announcing your views, whether contrary to the majority or not.

5 hours ago, lancerman said:

Sorry that's like saying you won't be spoiled if you watch the Harry Potter movies. Every adaptation of any work of size beyond a 300 page novel will have some changes.

The bulk of the plot points are there. The big ideas and payoffs are there. So they had Jon stabbed before the Pink letter. Doesn't change the fact that the Pink Letter happened and Jon got stabbed. The fact that it was the wildings and not the Jon rebelling against the letter doesn't change that the important content happened.

Honest opinion, I think there's a lot of book fans (who don't have a high opinion of the show) who have been terrified that the series they devoted so much time was going to be finished by the show first, and now they feel the need to justify every change as it being too different to count as a spoiler.

Here are the facts

-Jon got stabbed

-Ramsay threatened Jon with the Pink Letter

-Reek helped Ramsay's bride escape. (so they used Sansa in place of another character, as long as they get her in position for wherever her Vale plot leads, the overall content is maintained)

-Tyrion eventually made it to Mereen while the Harpies revolted

-Cersie had her walk and is now awaiting a trial with Undead Gregor

-Dany got taken from the pit in Mereen and ran into the Dothraki

-Ayra got blinded training with the faceless men.

-Euron won the Kingsmoot

-Dorne is planning on having some type of war with the Lannisters.

-Sam went off to Oldtown

-Bran met the three eyed Raven in the tree.

Sounds pretty familiar to where the books I read left off. Are some things different? Yeah of course. They always were going to be. The show wasn't going to last 15 years to accommodate the sheer amount of content and detail George put in. It stopped trying once it got past the first and simplest book to adapt (and even their they took a few liberties). Of the major characters, Sansa is the biggest who is out of place, and her plot in the show is still flirting with Baelish and the Vale, so it probably won't be hard to pop her back into position. Then you have Brienne and Jamie and we both know why they aren't in position. And looks like Brienne might be heading to Riverrun anyways. And who knows maybe Jamie has to get the Blackfish to surrender as well. By the end of this most of us are going to have a pretty good idea of where the books are leading and where they will end up.

You probably aren't going to get some completely different ending with the majority of characters in different positions. Some will be, because that happens in most adaptations. But George didn't outline the end of his series to D&D for no reason.

I feel like a lot of people assume that people who complain about the changes assume they're doing so because they're book purists but really nobody expects the show to remain completely faithful to the books.  Sometimes the changes just don't work though and the details of the changes matter a lot.  Even if they get to the same place as each other it doesn't mean that there the same, one version may simply be better than the other.  The show basically recycles all sorts of hollywood tropes while the books try and subvert some of these tropes.  One version essentially glamorizes violence and death while the other deplores it.

3 hours ago, Leto Atreides said:

I gave it a  5. 

Too many things are starting to bother me:

• Little Finger teleporting.
  • Arya defeated the waif when she was blind, but now the waif's power is over 9000. 
  • Sansa asking Brienne to teleport to Riverrun because Ramsay has the magical power to stop all ravens in the north. 
  • Why the hell did Bran go to to the Three-eyed-Raven in the first place? Why is he supposed to replace him? 
  • The Three Eyed Raven knows the whitewalkers are coming for him...so he goes into a flashback with Bran about some unimportant things at Winterfell to set up Hodor's hodoring.
  • Weren't the whitewalkers descending on Westeros? Nope, they are teleporting to Max Von Sydow because his power to show flashback to a cripple is their greatest threat?
  • Wights are now capable of crawling on walls and ceillings like bugs? 
  • Direwolf dies like an idiot.
  • Bran messing up Hodor in the past creates a time paradox which GoT really didn't need ast this point. Things are complicated enough.
  • Melisandre II in Mereen to make the people love the Dragon Queen which isn't even there....We don't care about Mereen. We want Tyrion with Deanerys, not him trying to run GoT's Iraq.
  • Yara and Theon have enough loyal men to steal hundreds of ships? How did Euron even win the Kingsmoot then? 

- Little Finger.  Are they supposed to show the passage of travel time on screen?  May not be exact but this is fiction after all and condensed for screen time.  Little things like that can get questioned all day long.  Teleporting.  Sounds funny.  Of the smallest of quibbles though.   

- Arya bested the waif once as we have been shown on screen anyway.  Of course the waif will fight with more vigor considering Arya can now see again.  Who is to say she was every battling Arya at with all her full capacity as a fighter.  

- She stated that he can intercept Ravens.  It's been known that in this world that is something that is possible.  She could very well still send the raven and be successful in it being undetected, but sending Brienne, right or wrong, is more certain of secrecy surely.  

- That will be further explained.  However, they have made it clear that Bran is powerful and important and for whatever reason must garner a vast amount of knowledge from the three eyed raven.  I would say that is a believable element to the story but again we don't have all the answers here yet.

- I too didn't understand the need for the flashback at that moment in time, knowing it was only a matter of time before they found them.  

- Again, Bran is a important threat to them.  I'm not sure why this is troubling you.  Also, if he is important to the Night's King and they still all happen to be North of the Wall (for whatever reason) why not head right over and take care of it.  That sounds like exactly what they should do. 

- Them climbing like ants I get.  Upside down not so much.  Defying the laws of gravity, unless they don't apply there and there is a form of magic guiding them along.  It was a bit much. 

- Dire Wolf died protecting his master.  Honorably.  Selflessly.  Or was the Dire Wolf supposed to say "oh snap.  too many.  retreat.  lose the battle win the war".  

- Just because you don't have all the answer at this moment in time, and that particular paradox made your brain hurt a bit, doesn't make it stupid.

- Are they to just end that storyline now because you don't like it?

- The Iron born scene was really well done but I agree, the number of men and ships leaving there was a bit much.  

8.5/10 for me

Edited by HellasLEAF

What I liked:

Sansa.  All her scenes were so good.  This from a meh Sansa fan.  Scene with Little Finger especially.

Hodor reveal.  DAMN!

Bran/Three Eyed Raven scenes.  

White Walkers invasion of the tree.

The play.

The Iron Born scene of choosing a new ruler. 

Daenerys scene with Jorah.  

What I didn't like:

Arya scenes.  Ugh, enough already with the mysterious way they all speak.  This is the slowest build up ever.  And Arya training getting really old.

Not enough Jon Snow.

Dude's penis.  Why?  GOT being GOT..

Ya that's about it one of the best of the new season. 

5 hours ago, lancerman said:

Well they were never going to get there the exact same way. Even if George released all the books. And quite frankly a part of that lies on George for having his last two books very un television friendly.

And it still comes down to the same point. Not every detail of the journey in the Harry Potter movies were the same way. Nobody says you can watch it without spoiling the books for themselves. Nobody says that about the Godfather. Nobody says that about thousand other adaptations with similar issues.

There's a reason a small percentage of fans of this series insist the opposite is the case. And it has to do with the situation that was created. If the books came first, we wouldn't have this exercise in people putting their heads in the sand about being spoiled.

Can you stop comparing this great work of literature to Harry Potter please?

4 hours ago, lancerman said:

You started this with the Critical Thinking insult don't play the victim now.

1 hour ago, God-Emperor of Yi Ti said:

Yes you're right.  And Taylor Swift is a musical genius.

48 minutes ago, Mr. Sven said:

I feel like a lot of people assume that people who complain about the changes assume they're doing so because they're book purists but really nobody expects the show to remain completely faithful to the books.  Sometimes the changes just don't work though and the details of the changes matter a lot.  Even if they get to the same place as each other it doesn't mean that there the same, one version may simply be better than the other.  The show basically recycles all sorts of hollywood tropes while the books try and subvert some of these tropes.  One version essentially glamorizes violence and death while the other deplores it.

You sir are a man of distinction and grace.  Bravo.