[Poll] How would you rate episode 605?

Ran

How would you rate episode 605?  

610 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

5 hours ago, SuperMario said:

For the people who give it 10s, you basically are saying it was a perfect episode with zero flaws. Even biases aside, I hope you realize practically no medium - book, show, movie, video game, art, etc. - is perfect. Flaws can be found in every single thing. From where my avatar comes from, people have said Super Mario Brothers 3 is a perfect game. Yet, even the creator himself has said he wishes he would have done things differently with it.

But back to the show, if you take your emotion out of it and look at it objectively, how can you possibly give it a 10? You essentially are saying that they perfected the episode and nothing could make it better. If you think that is perfection, I'd like to see how you respond to something that is actually perfect. Your heads might explode.

The Godfather I and II get perfect ten. So, if we compare this episode with that, hmmm, shall I review the situation and go from 7 to 3?

well ending was good hold the door was good it came from grrms mind

i think bran will be saved by this guy on horse maybe benjen maybe cold hands 

or whatever he will be, he will be dead offcourse but it wil be revealed

that he is working for nights king or white walker king 

white walker king played bran he wanted bran to go to south of the wall

so he can break the wall or spell from wall like he broke on the cave 

the big twist will be that the man on the horse is actually a pawn of the nights king or white walker king...

wall will come down this season and bran will cause it to come down because he still has the mark on his arm..

4 hours ago, Ser Creighton said:

Is Theon to be yet another of Dany's Eunuch's (Oh didn't think about that did you?)

There is a constant parallel between ice and fire. Jon gets resurrected by the Red priestess. Dany survives yet another pyre. So, Theon should be heading north to join up with Jon and Sansa and atone for his sins. Therefore, he is going to be the ice eunuch, while Varys remains the eunuch of fire, made so by fire since his bits were tossed into fire. 

On May 23, 2016 at 4:41 AM, lancerman said:

Doesn't work that way. The majority of people gave it a ten. As of right now 99 people gave it a 10. 67 gave it a 9. 46 gave it 8. 

Its not a contrarian opinion or people with an alternative motive when that's the consensus opinion. 

No other score broke 20 yet. The closest is 17 people that voted 1. 

Everybody else isn't trolling 17 people. 

The majority of people gave it a ten because this is a Game of Thrones forum... Is that hard to comprehend? They would give it a ten if it were completely unwatchable, just because it's titles Game of Thrones.

What do you think the outcome would be if say you were to post this on a Honda Civic forum? 

SMFH

1 minute ago, HoldTheDoorHodor said:

The majority of people gave it a ten because this is a Game of Thrones forum... Is that hard to comprehend? They would give it a ten if it were completely unwatchable, just because it's titles Game of Thrones.

What do you think the outcome would be if say you were to post this on a Honda Civic forum? 

SMFH

The majority of people here liked it, in an overwhelming majority. The majority of critics liked it in an overwhelming majority. If you go by the public and social media the majority of people who watched it liked it in an overwhelming majority.

Your posit is one of those statements where people who didn't like the show are trying to justify the overwhelming disagreement with their opinion as not being as legitimate because the people voting positively are somehow incapable of looking at it with a critical eye. Yet it falls when you apply it to every barometer to how you would judge the show to be received.

This forum is the Game of Thrones foruml. It is also a section of a site of the most hardcore critical fans in the world for this material. And of the 500 fans on this site  of hardcore fans who vote, just shy of 400 said the episode was a 7 or above. So why is it the vast majority of positive criticism that is being questioned?

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

The majority of people here liked it, in an overwhelming majority. The majority of critics liked it in an overwhelming majority. If you go by the public and social media the majority of people who watched it liked it in an overwhelming majority.

Your posit is one of those statements where people who didn't like the show are trying to justify the overwhelming disagreement with their opinion as not being as legitimate because the people voting positively are somehow incapable of looking at it with a critical eye. Yet it falls when you apply it to every barometer to how you would judge the show to be received.

This forum is the Game of Thrones foruml. It is also a section of a site of the most hardcore critical fans in the world for this material. And of the 500 fans on this site  of hardcore fans who vote, just shy of 400 said the episode was a 7 or above. So why is it the vast majority of positive criticism that is being questioned?

I liked the episode I thought it was great, there was just a lot of inconsistency in the episode so I gave it a 6

Half the people on here will say "I gave it a 10 but what I didn't like about it (insert dislike here)"....

That kind of goes against the ability of rating something a ten if they know that there could be improvements to the episode. They're rating it a ten from personal bias and fandom. 

You cannot accurately gauge the rating of an episode by believing that all the 10's and 1's are honest,unbiased, and pure reviewing scores. If you do believe it you're blinding yourself with your own opinions.

1 minute ago, HoldTheDoorHodor said:

I liked the episode I thought it was great, there was just a lot of inconsistency in the episode so I gave it a 6

Half the people on here will say "I gave it a 10 but what I didn't like about it (insert dislike here)"....

That kind of goes against the ability of rating something a ten if they know that there could be improvements to the episode. They're rating it a ten from personal bias and fandom. 

You cannot accurately gauge the rating of an episode by believing that all the 10's and 1's are honest,unbiased, and pure reviewing scores. If you do believe it you're blinding yourself with your own opinions.

A rating isn't an indication of perfection, it is an indication of enjoyment. It's very personal and subjective.

3 hours ago, lancerman said:

You still think these poll results mean anything? Out of 115, 201 members of this forum, only 512 have even voted. If you want to account for the people that don't even watch the show anymore because they think it is so bad, and therefore don't vote, you argument might mean something.

Edited by Darkstream

3 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

You still think these poll results mean anything? Out of 115 201 members of this forum, only 512 have even voted. If you want to account for the people that don't even watch the show anymore because they think it is so bad, and therefore don't vote, you argument might mean something.

See that would make sense if the show experienced massive decreases in viewership. But it didn't. So there again that's a baseless statement. There is no proof that their is a statistically significant amount of people that influenced the amount of people voting.

10 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

You still think these poll results mean anything? 

Yet here you are, arguing about it over some 18 pages of posts. Oh, sweet irony...

7/10 

Iron Islands/Kingsmoot was pretty poor, the theatre show in Braavos too long, and everything north of the Wall just seemed rushed into this episode too quickly.

48 minutes ago, lancerman said:

A rating isn't an indication of perfection, it is an indication of enjoyment. It's very personal and subjective.

So why are guys giving it a 1 such obvious trolls?

Giving it a 10 is "personal and subjective", and "an indication of enjoyment".

Giving it a 1 is trolling

What if someone gave it a 1 because, in his "personal and subjective" point of view, said person did not enjoy the episode?

Doesn't that sounds like double standards?

Everybody should feel free to rate the episode as it wants without being attacked for it.

Edited by Valetudo

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

See that would make sense if the show experienced massive decreases in viewership. But it didn't. So there again that's a baseless statement. There is no proof that their is a statistically significant amount of people that influenced the amount of people voting.

I honestly can't follow what your point is anymore, and I fail to see any benefit to your obstinate stance on this issue. Bottom line, if you want to go on fooling yourself into believing that the results of this poll have any meaning, or that I'm a troll for voting a one, feel free to do so. It won't change the reality of it, just as you giving it a ten won't change the reality that Got is a poorly written show.

Edited by Darkstream

2 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

Yet here you are, arguing about it over some 18 pages of posts. Oh, sweet irony...

7/10 

Iron Islands/Kingsmoot was pretty poor, the theatre show in Braavos too long, and everything north of the Wall just seemed rushed into this episode too quickly.

No, if you were bothered to read any of my post on those eighteen pages, instead of making baseless accusations, you would know that my stance is in support of my right to give a vote of one in a meaningless poll, not whether said poll has any meaning.

Edited by Darkstream

1 minute ago, Darkstream said:

I honestly can't follow what your point is anymore. Bottom line, if you want to go on fooling yourself into believing that the results of this poll have any meaning, or that I'm a troll for voting a one, feel free to do so. It won't change the reality of it, just as you giving it a ten won't change the reality that Got is a poorly written show.

You made a comment about the poll not meaning anything because less people watch the show. I responded that it is a flat out lie that less people watch the show. If you can't follow a response to your own comment, that's your failing.

The issue with you is that you are trying to prop up your opinion that the show is bad and to do so you question the intelligence of the show runners, you've questioned the intelligence of the people who liked it, you questioned whether they read the books, all so you could try to say that their opinion isn't relevant. And my response to that is, why is it so one-sided? The majority of critics, the majority of people who talk about it, the majority of the most hardcore fan community that discuses it. So what is it that is sooooo compelling about your take that it renders that side meaningless and every barometer that overwhelmingly disagrees with your opinion meaningless.

You couldn't even help yourself. You had to pull a, "won't change the reality that Got is a poorly written show". Most people don't think that. So why is that the reality? Because your so special and smarter than the rest of us that your take is the only factually one? Cause that's only conclusion you can draw from a statement like that. But then you'll  play victim again and act like your being persecuted for your opinion...which you try to pass off as fact... and subtlety question the intelligence of those that disagree with you.

16 minutes ago, Valetudo said:

So why are guys giving it a 1 such obvious trolls?

Giving it a 10 is "personal and subjective", and "an indication of enjoyment".

Giving it a 1 is trolling

What if someone gave it a 1 because, in his "personal and subjective" point of view, said person did not enjoy the episode?

Doesn't that sounds like double standards?

Everybody should feel free to rate the episode as it wants without being attacked for it.

There wouldn't be a problem if those with a negative opinion hadn't long since taken this condescending elitist attitude and make snide remarks about the intelligence of those who like the show or question their fandom as if they never read the books. Then those same people are the most sensitive and take a victim mentality when that's thrown back at them.

If the criticisms were "I just didn't enjoy the episode" that would be one thing. It's constant bitching and moaning a and bashing of the showrunners, questioning their intelligence, and the people who like it. It's the only group of people that feel entitled to bash the creators of the show, who needed their own thread for every episode where they could be shielded from debate.

Nobody would care if someone came in here said "man I just didn't like tonight's episode, for x y and z, didn't do it for me". But it's "this is the stupidest show ever, the creators suck and are dumb&dumb, I can't believe their are people (who obviously don't know the source material) that eat this up, lol at them". If someone went in the books forums and acted that way about GRRM and all of us who liked the books , they would be rightly criticized and probably deemed a troll. And it's been happening for quite awhile, and plenty of people have gotten fed up  with  it.

6 hours ago, lancerman said:

You made a comment about the poll not meaning anything because less people watch the show. I responded that it is a flat out lie that less people watch the show. If you can't follow a response to your own comment, that's your failing.

The issue with you is that you are trying to prop up your opinion that the show is bad and to do so you question the intelligence of the show runners, you've questioned the intelligence of the people who liked it, you questioned whether they read the books, all so you could try to say that their opinion isn't relevant. And my response to that is, why is it so one-sided? The majority of critics, the majority of people who talk about it, the majority of the most hardcore fan community that discuses it. So what is it that is sooooo compelling about your take that it renders that side meaningless and every barometer that overwhelmingly disagrees with your opinion meaningless.

You couldn't even help yourself. You had to pull a, "won't change the reality that Got is a poorly written show". Most people don't think that. So why is that the reality? Because your so special and smarter than the rest of us that your take is the only factually one? Cause that's only conclusion you can draw from a statement like that. But then you'll  play victim again and act like your being persecuted for your opinion...which you try to pass off as fact... and subtlety question the intelligence of those that disagree with you.

There wouldn't be a problem if those with a negative opinion hadn't long since taken this condescending elitist attitude and make snide remarks about the intelligence of those who like the show or question their fandom as if they never read the books. Then those same people are the most sensitive and take a victim mentality when that's thrown back at them.

If the criticisms were "I just didn't enjoy the episode" that would be one thing. It's constant bitching and moaning a and bashing of the showrunners, questioning their intelligence, and the people who like it. It's the only group of people that feel entitled to bash the creators of the show, who needed their own thread for every episode where they could be shielded from debate.

I would refer you to the "Got (gasp) positive thread" and you mean shielded from trolls like you.

Nobody would care if someone came in here said "man I just didn't like tonight's episode, for x y and z, didn't do it for me". But it's "this is the stupidest show ever, the creators suck and are dumb&dumb, I can't believe their are people (who obviously don't know the source material) that eat this up, lol at them". If someone went in the books forums and acted that way about GRRM and all of us who liked the books , they would be rightly criticized and probably deemed a troll. And it's been happening for quite awhile, and plenty of people have gotten fed up  with  it.

Wrong, all the responses on this thread were to several posters that just have to add onto the end of their comments things like, "any one who votes a 1 is a troll" and "if you voted a 1 you are a soulless psychopath"

Why is it reality? Because by any literary standards it's true. The reason I don't follow your point is because you keep shifting the issue that we are debating, and refuse to acknowledge the legitimate counter arguments to your ridiculous assertions. However, I grow tiresome of trying to have a objective discussion with you. good day. 

ETA: False, I did not say less people overall watch it, I implied that a lot of the people who are critical of the show don't watch anymore. You have got to stop with the false quotes. Do you not remember your own post? My statement was a rebuttal to you saying  "It is also a section of a site of the most hardcore critical fans in the world for this material.  " Not only is this statement irrelevant to the discussion, it is factually wrong, this is the Got section, you are thinking of the ASOIAF section.  "If you can't follow a response to your own comment, that's your failing."

And phuuuleeze, stop with the crying victim shit, if you think you have any power to make me feel victimized, you are sorely mistaken.

Edited by Darkstream

33 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

No, if you were bothered to read any of my post on those eighteen pages, instead of making baseless accusations, you would know that my stance is in support of my right to give a vote of one in a meaningless poll, not whether it has any meaning.

I've read pretty much every post in this thread, thanks, and didn't make any baseless accusations. I agree that you're entitled to vote however you want, but you've made plenty of statements that have absolutely nothing to do with your stance so I'd disagree that's your only point in this thread. 

25 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

I've read pretty much every post in this thread, thanks, and didn't make any baseless accusations. I agree that you're entitled to vote however you want, but you've made plenty of statements that have absolutely nothing to do with your stance so I'd disagree that's your only point in this thread. 

Yes, and those statements were made to point out the hypocrisy of the argument that I am opposing, make of it what you will.

I didn't say it was my only stance, try reading a little more attentively, I said it's not one you were accusing me of. And as I just said, the issue's are constantly shifted in order to dodge valid points. A good day to you, as well.

Edited by Darkstream

Strong 8. 

The ending was stunning (themes of time travel and timeline influence in popculture, usually invite nitpicking and showcasing of dubious logic, but that idea was so great, and the execution so powerful, that I don't want to nitpick. It was perfect), but the rest of the episode wasn't good enough to warrant a higher score. Not that it was bad, far from it (some standout moments - Sansa's emotional confrontation with Littlefinger, seeing Varys out of his element for the first time, plus a nice depiction of medieval theatre), it's just that leading up to that ending, nothing about this episode really screamed that it would be one for the books. It was all about the finale.

Plus this episode showcased some of this shows worst habbits when it comes to juggling subplots and setting up scenes and overall editing. Characters teleporting all over the place, scenes ending too fast, too abrubdtly. Motifs that should be weighty and important, being thrown into the mix willy nilly.

Plus, Euron kinda sucked. Too young, and lacking of charisma.