Jump to content
Ran

[Poll] How would you rate episode 605?

How would you rate episode 605?  

609 members have voted

  1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

    • 1
      40
    • 2
      12
    • 3
      12
    • 4
      16
    • 5
      27
    • 6
      25
    • 7
      42
    • 8
      95
    • 9
      143
    • 10
      192


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Lord Spark of House Spark said:

But what if they end up with Ribbiting Reed-Stark babies, it's not easy being green

 

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lord Spark of House Spark said:

Trawling through the trolls (who aren't trolls anyway, they just happen to have an opinion so there!  :P)

On 24/05/2016 at 6:18 PM, Trebla said:

I never called anyone a troll, that's my point. I'm tired of people insulting each other because they don't like the rating that's been given.

 

4 hours ago, Eddy1 said:

In my opinion, there are valid reasons why someone would rate this episode 1/10, and  valid reasons why someone would rate this episode 10/10. Doing so doesn't make that person a troll or an unintelligent fanboy. If someone's enjoyment of the show has been ruined by the decline in the show's writing, giving 1/10 is understandable. If someone really enjoys the show, and doesn't care about the show's plot holes and inconsistencies, giving 10/10 is also understandable.

This pretty much sums it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DarkSister1001 said:

It really made no sense to me for Sansa to send away Brienne just to check.  A raven would do the trick.  She isn't in hiding anymore; so she doesn't have to be so secretive.  It's a plot tool to get Brienne to the Riverlands but a flimsy one IMO.  Brienne has a long and dangerous road from CB to Riverrun.  Thank goodness for teleporting!

Like it made no sense for Eddard to try and send someone to hand deliver a message to Stannis rather than risk a Raven getting intercepted or lost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great episode!  The show stalled a fair bit whilst trying to adapt the last two dull books, but now we're almost past then completely it's picked up pace and we're finally getting somewhere.  After 16 years of the story barely moving at all it feels good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

Like it made no sense for Eddard to try and send someone to hand deliver a message to Stannis rather than risk a Raven getting intercepted or lost?

Did you read my follow up?  Another post helped me make more sense of what I saw/understood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm missing something regarding the Small(est) Council meeting.  It sounded to me like Cersei was encouraging the Tyrell Army to enter KL to save Margery and Loras and that the Lannisters would stay out of the fight.  Why would Olena be ok with this?  Did I miss something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Eddy1 said:

In my opinion, there are valid reasons why someone would rate this episode 1/10, and  valid reasons why someone would rate this episode 10/10. Doing so doesn't make that person a troll or an unintelligent fanboy. If someone's enjoyment of the show has been ruined by the decline in the show's writing, giving 1/10 is understandable. If someone really enjoys the show, and doesn't care about the show's plot holes and inconsistencies, giving 10/10 is also understandable.

I agree.

Although the comments by some people (both 1s and 10s) have been right out of order. Someone several pages back accused people of having reading comprehension of fourth graders, the irony being their signature had a grammatical error, they don't know where to use an apostrophe (or where not to more specifically). I decided against naming and shaming as I don't think the mud slinging on here is appropriate. Let's keep this civil. Be Excellent to each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

Great episode!  The show stalled a fair bit whilst trying to adapt the last two dull books, but now we're almost past then completely it's picked up pace and we're finally getting somewhere.  After 16 years of the story barely moving at all it feels good!

next 5 episodes are going to feel even better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedShirt47 said:

I agree.

Although the comments by some people (both 1s and 10s) have been right out of order. Someone several pages back accused people of having reading comprehension of fourth graders, the irony being their signature had a grammatical error, they don't know where to use an apostrophe (or where not to more specifically). I decided against naming and shaming as I don't think the mud slinging on here is appropriate. Let's keep this civil. Be Excellent to each other.

So glad to see posts like this.  I no longer can be bothered posting - I just vote and go :)  It's such a shame how these show threads have deteriorated to a slurry of in-fighting and name-calling by a proportion of the members.  Love to all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DarkSister1001 said:

I think I'm missing something regarding the Small(est) Council meeting.  It sounded to me like Cersei was encouraging the Tyrell Army to enter KL to save Margery and Loras and that the Lannisters would stay out of the fight.  Why would Olena be ok with this?  Did I miss something?

My take. The Lannisters are staying out because Tommen specifically told the Hand of the King to take no action against the FM. The King is being kept out of the loop on this, as they stated during the meeting. That is why the Tyrell army is coming in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't Jaime say in the last meeting that the Tyrell men should surround the Great Sept but not to actually attack. To intimidate them.

My guess is that Cersei had this idea. But what she didn't tell Jaime is that she intends then to provoke one side or the other so that it actually kicks off. Cersei will hope that in the melee that Margery and / or Loras get killed.

I don't think the High Sparrow would actually just kill them though. Perhaps Cersei would try to get men close to Margery or Loras and kill them to make it seem like it was the HS who did it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dbunting said:

My take. The Lannisters are staying out because Tommen specifically told the Hand of the King to take no action against the FM. The King is being kept out of the loop on this, as they stated during the meeting. That is why the Tyrell army is coming in.

That's what I understood but for the life of me I can't figure out why Olena would agree to this.  Surely she knows Cersei is setting her up?  She's not even being sneaky about it.  Is she that desperate to get Loras and Marg back that she'd take such a risk? 

Maybe I'm confusing the books and the show, but I thought Cersei's walk was bc she confessed to some of the allegations but denies the others.  Her walk was kind of like being bailed out of jail.  She had to give up something in order to leave the Sept to await trial.  I thought the charges against Marg were flimsy, just the 1 accuser and she's being tried by the Faith. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarkSister1001 said:

That's what I understood but for the life of me I can't figure out why Olena would agree to this.  Surely she knows Cersei is setting her up?  She's not even being sneaky about it.  Is she that desperate to get Loras and Marg back that she'd take such a risk? 

Maybe I'm confusing the books and the show, but I thought Cersei's walk was bc she confessed to some of the allegations but denies the others.  Her walk was kind of like being bailed out of jail.  She had to give up something in order to leave the Sept to await trial.  I thought the charges against Marg were flimsy, just the 1 accuser and she's being tried by the Faith. 

Yeah in the show you have that male prostitute that testified against Loras, knowing specific intimate details. Maergery lied about it and as far as I know that is all she is charged with, which to me isn't much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Yeah in the show you have that male prostitute that testified against Loras, knowing specific intimate details. Maergery lied about it and as far as I know that is all she is charged with, which to me isn't much.

I agree.  What is Westeros coming to when the HS puts more trust in a whore than the Queens?!  :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25.5.2016 at 5:19 PM, Ingelheim said:

It makes sense for me, but not for the reasons Sansa stated. "The raven could be intercepted" WTF does that mean. It's not like Ramsay has any control over that, he doesn't have archers waiting to bring down any raven they see. I hope.

But it makes sense for Sansa to send Brienne there. First of all, any letter can be forged. The Blackfish could not (and likely he would not) believe any letter written by Sansa Stark, for all that matters, she's dead to him. Few people know Sansa is up North, and I doubt the Blackfish is one of them. He needs to hear it from Brienne; he probably knows Brienne served Catelyn so that helps as well. Also, Brienne can explain how things are going in the North far better than any letter would.

If the idea of forged letters is something that is on Sansa's mind, it makes it even stupider, how she approached LFs invitation to molestown. Going there in secrecy and only with Brienne as protection. The letter could very well have been forged by Ramsay, for all she knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2016 at 2:04 AM, RedShirt47 said:

I agree.

Although the comments by some people (both 1s and 10s) have been right out of order. Someone several pages back accused people of having reading comprehension of fourth graders, the irony being their signature had a grammatical error, they don't know where to use an apostrophe (or where not to more specifically). I decided against naming and shaming as I don't think the mud slinging on here is appropriate. Let's keep this civil. Be Excellent to each other.

You do realize that a typo has nothing to do with a person's knowledge. As I am on a crappy mobile 99% of the time, it is very difficult to type, and my auto correct is very viscous. I also cant' can't see the signatures when on my mobile. And yeah, you're really taking the high road by insulting someone behind their back. If you want to call me out, go ahead, but don't try to make it look like your being respectful, it's not difficult to figure out who you're talking about. 

As for the comments I made, I have already explained that those were made in retaliation to a poster that attacked me unprovoked. (If I told you what he said, my post would be removed just like his was.) He made it personal, so I responded. Was it necessary? No. Was it petty and childish? Yes, I'll own up to that. I apologize if anyone else besides the poster I was quoting was offended. 

Sure hope I've got no grammatical or spelling errors in this post. :rolleyes: 

I will thank you for bringing that to my attention though, I'll be sure to correct it, just for people like you. 

Edited by Darkstream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2016 at 11:01 PM, lancerman said:

I read the books. Almost all my friends read the books. Multiple times. Everyone loved this episode.

It's only the people who have insane unrealistic expectations that hate this episode. This so far has easily been one of the best episodes of television this year. That's not hyperbole either.


This episode was rushed. Very very rushed.

 

This whole season has been rushed.

 

It's very, very obvious that they want to rap up the show with season 7.

 

Not only that, but they killed off Summer just because "Too Lazy 4 CGI", same reason they killed of Shaggydog probably. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I give it a 4.

I feel like without the Hodor moment, everyone would have hated this episode.  The dialogue and storytelling was bad in almost every other part of the episode, even in the final scene with Summer and Leaf's unnecessary throw away deaths.  Parts of nearly every scene came off as awkward or not making sense. 

The Kingsmoot is the most glaring.  Everyone there is yet again okay with a ruler's family member killing the ruler and taking their place.  They're also fine now with murdering Yara even though moments earlier, everyone was supporting her.  Yara and Theon are able to sail hundreds of ships off without being noticed.  Euron is going to magically make thousands of ships out of thin air in a few weeks time.  Euron has no charisma.  Theon shows very little sign of having been Reek.  The event didn't feel like a big moment.  This was a terrible scene. How can people give this episode a 10 with that dialogue?

Littlefinger's dialogue with Sansa was awkward.  Even him being there felt wrong.  They had to teleport him to the Wall and strain our ability to suspend disbelief and for what reason?  Why is it necessary to have a face to face talk?  Send a letter.  The writers made Sansa say the fan criticism of Littlefinger from last year but Littlefinger had no answer to it.  Why draw more attention to the plot hole if there is no answer?  Another thing, if Sansa knows anything above at all else by now, it should be not to trust Littlefinger.  Yet she trusts Littlefinger and sends Brienne to get an army.  I suppose she thinks it's no big deal for Brienne to fly to Riverrun and for the Tully army to cross the Riverlands, the Twins, and Moat Cailin to meet her in Winterfell.  And now she's lying to Jon because of what Littlefinger told her about Jon being her half brother.  This really feels odd. 

I am so sick of seeing Arya getting beat up with sticks.  I was bored of this storyline last year about this time, and Arya is my favorite character.  It's unimaginable that they could be doing the same thing and think it's good TV.  The play just felt like a waste of time to me.  Oh and thanks for the diseased warty cock shot.  That added a lot.   They're going to drag her killing an actress out until the end of the season, aren't they?

I did like Dany and Jorah's scene.  It was cheesy but it was nice to see Jorah say that he loves her and for not to recoil in terror and for her to forgive him.  She came off as likeable.  And that doesn't happen often for the show.

Tyrion/Varys with a red priestess was a yawner.  And required another case of teleportation.

The final scene didn't do anything for me.  I think I was too confused by it to feel anything.  My mind was just a big question mark.  I don't know why Bran was dreaming when the Walkers were attacking, I don't know why they didn't just run, I don't know how to Walkers were able to telport to where Bran was, I don't know why 3ER didn't warn Bran than the he could be touched, I don't know why 3ER is telling Bran that he has to become him when he said the opposite a few episodes ago, I don't know why Summer and Leaf had to make meaningless sacrifices, I don't really know what was happening with past and present Hodor, don't know what holding the door was accomplishing since the Wights were swarming the place and he won't be able to hold the door for more than a minute or two, and Bran and Meera won't be able to escape unless they've saved by some horrible Deus Ex Machina. It also looked like LOTR and Harry Potter.  I don't want elves throwing bombs at skeleteons and time travel.  But that's a personal thing.  So I didn't take off too many points just for that.  On top of everything else, it bothers me that there seems to be a predestination timeloop; in that case, where everyone's futures are set in stone and can't be changed, no one is really making any choices.  It's like the Matrix.  "If you know what I'm going to do, how do I have a choice?"  "You're not here to make a choice, you're here to understand why you made it."  This means no one in GoT is making any choices.  All they can do is understand why they made them.

 

Edited by Lothar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So over 7 out of 10 posters rated the show an 8, 9 or 10, with 10 being the most picked rating followed by 9 being the second most picked rating, followed by 8 being the third most picked rating.

The median rating is actually slightly over 9 with more posters (56.42%) rating the episode a 9 or higher than the the sum total of all voters rating less than a 9 score (43.58%).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27 May 2016 at 9:05 PM, Lothar said:

I give it a 4.

I feel like without the Hodor moment, everyone would have hated this episode.  The dialogue and storytelling was bad in almost every other part of the episode, even in the final scene with Summer and Leaf's unnecessary throw away deaths.  Parts of nearly every scene came off as awkward or not making sense. 

The Kingsmoot is the most glaring.  Everyone there is yet again okay with a ruler's family member killing the ruler and taking their place.  They're also fine now with murdering Yara even though moments earlier, everyone was supporting her.  Yara and Theon are able to sail hundreds of ships off without being noticed.  Euron is going to magically make thousands of ships out of thin air in a few weeks time.  Euron has no charisma.  Theon shows very little sign of having been Reek.  The event didn't feel like a big moment.  This was a terrible scene. How can people give this episode a 10 with that dialogue?

Littlefinger's dialogue with Sansa was awkward.  Even him being there felt wrong.  They had to teleport him to the Wall and strain our ability to suspend disbelief and for what reason?  Why is it necessary to have a face to face talk?  Send a letter.  The writers made Sansa say the fan criticism of Littlefinger from last year but Littlefinger had no answer to it.  Why draw more attention to the plot hole if there is no answer?  Another thing, if Sansa knows anything above at all else by now, it should be not to trust Littlefinger.  Yet she trusts Littlefinger and sends Brienne to get an army.  I suppose she thinks it's no big deal for Brienne to fly to Riverrun and for the Tully army to cross the Riverlands, the Twins, and Moat Cailin to meet her in Winterfell.  And now she's lying to Jon because of what Littlefinger told her about Jon being her half brother.  This really feels odd. 

I am so sick of seeing Arya getting beat up with sticks.  I was bored of this storyline last year about this time, and Arya is my favorite character.  It's unimaginable that they could be doing the same thing and think it's good TV.  The play just felt like a waste of time to me.  Oh and thanks for the diseased warty cock shot.  That added a lot.   They're going to drag her killing an actress out until the end of the season, aren't they?

I did like Dany and Jorah's scene.  It was cheesy but it was nice to see Jorah say that he loves her and for not to recoil in terror and for her to forgive him.  She came off as likeable.  And that doesn't happen often for the show.

Tyrion/Varys with a red priestess was a yawner.  And required another case of teleportation.

The final scene didn't do anything for me.  I think I was too confused by it to feel anything.  My mind was just a big question mark.  I don't know why Bran was dreaming when the Walkers were attacking, I don't know why they didn't just run, I don't know how to Walkers were able to telport to where Bran was, I don't know why 3ER didn't warn Bran than the he could be touched, I don't know why 3ER is telling Bran that he has to become him when he said the opposite a few episodes ago, I don't know why Summer and Leaf had to make meaningless sacrifices, I don't really know what was happening with past and present Hodor, don't know what holding the door was accomplishing since the Wights were swarming the place and he won't be able to hold the door for more than a minute or two, and Bran and Meera won't be able to escape unless they've saved by some horrible Deus Ex Machina. It also looked like LOTR and Harry Potter.  I don't want elves throwing bombs at skeleteons and time travel.  But that's a personal thing.  So I didn't take off too many points just for that.  On top of everything else, it bothers me that there seems to be a predestination timeloop; in that case, where everyone's futures are set in stone and can't be changed, no one is really making any choices.  It's like the Matrix.  "If you know what I'm going to do, how do I have a choice?"  "You're not here to make a choice, you're here to understand why you made it."  This means no one in GoT is making any choices.  All they can do is understand why they made them.

 

This is a great post, excellent analysis.

I'm less bothered about the predestination element than you because I don't think it detracts from the journey.

The excitement and emotion of the final sequence gave an incredibly unrealistic impression of the episode. Pretty much every other scene was either outright bad (the Iron Islands) or distinctly below average (your analysis of Sansa/LF is spot on). I think I saw more merit than you did in Arya's scenes (although I totally agree about the stick fights) and less merit than you did in the Dany/Jorah scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×